Author Topic: New Cloud Storage-Free min 20 GB +5 GB every new account  (Read 1590 times)

Offline ShlomoM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
New Cloud Storage-Free min 20 GB +5 GB every new account
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
There is a new cloud storage company called Copy that is giving away 15 GB of storage plus if you get reffered or reffer someone both you and your refferal get an extra 5 GB. Creating new accounts is as simple as verifiying the email address and signing in to that account on either their computer or Iphone/Android App. PM me if you want a referal link so you start with 20 GB.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: New Cloud Storage-Free min 20 GB +5 GB every new account
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:41 AM »
Isn't Skydrive 25GB automatically?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline ShlomoM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
Could be but I have 70 GB so far in Copy through referals and creating new accounts...

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Isn't Skydrive 25GB automatically?

It's been 7 for a while now.

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:51 AM »
Everybody and their uncle is starting a cloud storage company these days. AWS or Azure as a backend, it's cheap and people fall over each other for "free" online storage. Guess what? In the online world, if you are not paying for a product, you are the product. Who knows what they are doing/can do with your data? From Copy's own privacy policy "We may associate all or part of any file you use with Copy with part or all of other files used with Copy by you or others for the purpose of eliminating unnecessary duplicate storage."
Guess what that means? They are scanning everything you upload.
Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with my Dropbox/Google Drive combo.

Offline ShlomoM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:33:31 AM »
Everybody and their uncle is starting a cloud storage company these days. AWS or Azure as a backend, it's cheap and people fall over each other for "free" online storage. Guess what? In the online world, if you are not paying for a product, you are the product. Who knows what they are doing/can do with your data? From Copy's own privacy policy "We may associate all or part of any file you use with Copy with part or all of other files used with Copy by you or others for the purpose of eliminating unnecessary duplicate storage."
Guess what that means? They are scanning everything you upload.
Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with my Dropbox/Google Drive combo.
Remember those days people actually stored their bank statements and private info on Dropbox and Drive?
Yah nor do I.
Point being if all people use online storage is for low level storage to mirror their hard drives so they can access their files everywhere why do I care if they sift there the 100 GB of music and movies I upload.
Suit yourself but free storage is free storage esp when dropbox charges $120 for that a year!

Offline IAmA

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:13 AM »
Remember those days people actually stored their bank statements and private info on Dropbox and Drive?
Yah nor do I.
Point being if all people use online storage is for low level storage to mirror their hard drives so they can access their files everywhere why do I care if they sift there the 100 GB of music and movies I upload.
Suit yourself but free storage is free storage esp when dropbox charges $120 for that a year!

There are sites / services which help you to bring your clouds together. No need to choose dropbox's (expensive) paid plan , in my opinion when you do such a thing. one that comes to mind is Jolicloud http://www.jolicloud.com/
more free cloud information etc http://getapps.cc/where-can-you-get-the-most-free-cloud-storage/
someone tell me what the appeal of an expensive cloud is, if you don't have special business needs or something.

Offline ShlomoM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 11:26:10 AM »
There are sites / services which help you to bring your clouds together. No need to choose dropbox's (expensive) paid plan , in my opinion when you do such a thing. one that comes to mind is Jolicloud http://www.jolicloud.com/
more free cloud information etc http://getapps.cc/where-can-you-get-the-most-free-cloud-storage/
someone tell me what the appeal of an expensive cloud is, if you don't have special business needs or something.
Jolicloud doesn't have an app but it sounds cool