Author Topic: Bumping Question  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Bumping Question
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:28:04 PM »
With the impending storm there will be many cancelled flights, causing a backlog of people looking to fly.

If someone has a domestic flight on Motzei Shabbos, will the airlines look for bumping volunteers, or they wont care for that?

If yes, is there such a thing as calling the airline tomorrow or Friday and letting them know in advance that you are willing to be bumped for the right price, or will you only get the best shot at decent compensation if you go down to the airport?

Offline US

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bumping Question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:31:31 PM »
With the impending storm there will be many cancelled flights, causing a backlog of people looking to fly.

If someone has a domestic flight on Motzei Shabbos, will the airlines look for bumping volunteers, or they wont care for that?

If yes, is there such a thing as calling the airline tomorrow or Friday and letting them know in advance that you are willing to be bumped for the right price, or will you only get the best shot at decent compensation if you go down to the airport?
I remember once they offered me when I checked in online if I'm willing to volunteer, and for how much I would do it, and they'll let me know if needed.

Not sure why they offered I think it said since the flight is overbooked.
So you might be lucky at online check in.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 12:44:49 AM »
Thank you.

Does anyone else have any other tips/experiences as well?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
Do they (United) look to bump or do they completely not care, since weather is not their fault and they are not obligated to anyone?