Author Topic: I choose the king: I don't want your Gan Eden, I only want you-ביום עשתי עשר יום  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Definitions2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: I will choose the king-ביום עשתי עשר יום
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2023, 02:46:21 AM »

This can explain some of those expressing doubt that your average Joe can obtain this level of Ahava and Yireh.
Which part are you referring to? I quickly read through it. To be honest I didn't fully understand everything. I saw his original point that זכאי and חייב is referring to each individual. I'm not sure what he was saying about Mordechai. The third paragraph seems to be the most related to this topic. That since the teva is not to be embarrassed, in order to get schar, the people that aren't looking for schar get yira. Not sure what that means exactly or how that's related.

(Im behind in a few things that I wanted to go over.
The other thread about bechira affecting others.
AsherO's link before
Exgingi link to the maamer
And this, I read but don't understand what you're bringing out.)

To reiterate, I'm pretty sure everyone is oved shelo al mnas lkabel schar. (And related to your post, I don't think the teva of a person is not to be embarrassed to do an aveira in private)

I was thinking this over a bit. I think another thing or possibly the original thing that was bothering me was that the statement of I don't want gan Eden... sounded more like al mnas shelo lkabel schar (not shelo al mnas lkabel schar). So to that I was bothered how do you know and why does that make sense if you're running after small stuff.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: I will choose the king-ביום עשתי עשר יום
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2023, 03:17:15 AM »
At least you see that's a question that needs to be addressed, if it wasn't self obvious enough. So the Rebbe says that since the Alter Rebbe said that, that koach was given to everyone following his path. As long they realize though that "This approach resembles and reflects, albeit in microcosm, the Alter Rebbe's desire for nothing else but G-d" I can digest that somewhat. Although taking this to the complete erasing of GE and gehenom seems to be an overkill.

Learn the entire maamar and report back.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Learn the entire maamar and report back.
Yup, ridiculous conversation/argument otherwise.

May as well argue between someone who says olamos b'pshitus and someone who says elokus b'pshitus. We're not speaking the same language if you don't know that it's actually olamos b'sfeykus.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.