Author Topic: JetBlue Compensation  (Read 1342 times)

Offline David S

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
JetBlue Compensation
« on: October 11, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
I was on a JetBlue flight with my family yesterday, when something broke with the flaps on the wings and instead of landing at LGA, we had to make an emergency landing at JFK (at about 200mph) [quite scary]. Then, Jetblue, in their infinite wisdom, decided that they could only release the luggage at LGA, even though almost everybody was willing to leave from JFK. So, to get us and our luggage to LGA, they decided that the most efficient method would be to fly us there - for a whole 16 minute trip!

When we arrived at LGA, we received a letter indicating that JetBlue is willing to compensate each passenger with a $75 credit toward a future flight. We had 6 tickets.

I'm curious if people think that's fair or whether I should ask for something else [and if so, what]?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: JetBlue Compensation
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »
I was on a JetBlue flight with my family yesterday, when something broke with the flaps on the wings and instead of landing at LGA, we had to make an emergency landing at JFK (at about 200mph) [quite scary]. Then, Jetblue, in their infinite wisdom, decided that they could only release the luggage at LGA, even though almost everybody was willing to leave from JFK. So, to get us and our luggage to LGA, they decided that the most efficient method would be to fly us there - for a whole 16 minute trip!

When we arrived at LGA, we received a letter indicating that JetBlue is willing to compensate each passenger with a $75 credit toward a future flight. We had 6 tickets.

I'm curious if people think that's fair or whether I should ask for something else [and if so, what]?

I'd ask.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
Re: JetBlue Compensation
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »

Interesting story, just curious which flight # was this?

Offline David S

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:10:43 PM »

After thinking about it, JetBlue needed a new plane at LGA, since they had a whole plane-load of passengers waiting to board. Considering that JFK is their base, they needed to get a plane from JFK to LGA anyway.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »
Question... If I have a certificate that expires in July.. No plans upcoming.. Can I book a ticket with the certificate & cancel within 24 hours & when they give you back the certificate does it extend to a new date or does the new certificate still show the old expiration date? TIA