Author Topic: (Not)HOT Business Class from Paris-NYC only $631 RT (Or $670 Wide Open Dates)  (Read 3843 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile

Sources have been inconsistent, but here's one saying it'll be lie flat for the JFK route. The seat map definitely corroborates this.
http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/02/22/tap-portugal-jfk-boston/

The new daily Boston service starts on June 11 and the new JFK daily flights commence on July 1. Both will be operated with new Airbus A330s to be delivered in June, boosting its fleet to 20 aircraft. 

TAP’s new executive class cabin has 20 lie-flat seats, while the economy cabin offers 34-inch seat pitch in economy plus and a 31-inch pitch in economy. The A330 will also have Panasonic’s EX-3 inflight individual on-demand entertainment system. The plan is to retrofit the entire A330 starting in 2017.

Offline jfkeze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
JFK and BOS are new routes operated by former AZUL planes if I'm not mistaken... so they have a different configuration.
I booked one ex-ORY to EWR on the older planes, honestly it's a crappy business class but they serve decent food (regular meals not kosher) and this credits at 200% to Aegean!

Offline EJB

• View Profile
JFK and BOS are new routes operated by former AZUL planes if I'm not mistaken... so they have a different configuration.
I booked one ex-ORY to EWR on the older planes, honestly it's a crappy business class but they serve decent food (regular meals not kosher) and this credits at 200% to Aegean!

Cool, any real life pics or TRs?

Can't find any trip reports, but the seat map surely looks like the Azul plane for the new BOS-LIS route. Here's a picture from the only blog post I found. Note that the pic is clearly from an Azul plane. The seat  map does show this plane's configuration.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
Note that although EF seems to be showing a 2-4-2 config in business but with the row config of the Azul aircraft, is seems from OTA seat maps that it is the Azul aircraft and lie flat.
(Cheapoair on BOS-LIS flight this sun)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:19:53 AM by EJB »

Offline EJB

• View Profile
Also, TAP has one Azul plane in their fleet that they took delivery in May and they have a second on order.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:34:48 AM by EJB »

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
Now only $1,205 with BA business wide open June-Oct.

https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=CDG,ORY,BVA,XHP,XPG;t=JFK,EWR,LGA;d=2016-06-30;r=2016-07-04;sc=b

I see Air Lingus has BRU-NYC in J for $1,458.
And Icelandair has $1,400 KEF-NYC
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:39:24 AM by B.D.Da'ehu »