Author Topic: Suitcase was never ticketed  (Read 822 times)

Offline EH

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Suitcase was never ticketed
« on: June 25, 2023, 05:01:59 PM »
My Dad is currently in middle of a very aggravating situation and I would appreciate any guidance on what to do. He left from Montreal (via Frankfurt) to Israel where he lives. He booked his ticket with Aeroplan points, in case that matters. He gets to Israel, and his bag is not there. he tries to open a claim only to discover that the Air Canada agent in Montreal never gave him a baggage tag number. He called Air Canada, YUL airport, Lufthansa (which was the 2nd leg), but the help anyone can give is very limited since he has no bag number. The general consensus from all the people he asked is that the clerk probably forgot to ticket the bag and it never left Montreal. The suitcase has a lot of sentimental items in it.

Does anyone have a contact at Air Canada who can perhaps help. Anyone going to be in YUL who can perhaps take a look, the bag is very unique looking - see below.

As far as compensation goes, does booking with Aeroplan points provide insurance on lost luggage? Anything else to do?

Thanks

Shevisi H

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Suitcase was never ticketed
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 05:11:00 PM »
You try contacting the equivalent of the tsa?
Whoever scans the bags and should sort of be in charge of airport security

Offline EH

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 05:22:31 PM »
Thanks for that tip...I found that the Canadian equivalent is the CATSA, I'll give it a try.
Shevisi H

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 07:26:41 PM »
My Dad is currently in middle of a very aggravating situation and I would appreciate any guidance on what to do. He left from Montreal (via Frankfurt) to Israel where he lives. He booked his ticket with Aeroplan points, in case that matters. He gets to Israel, and his bag is not there. he tries to open a claim only to discover that the Air Canada agent in Montreal never gave him a baggage tag number. He called Air Canada, YUL airport, Lufthansa (which was the 2nd leg), but the help anyone can give is very limited since he has no bag number. The general consensus from all the people he asked is that the clerk probably forgot to ticket the bag and it never left Montreal. The suitcase has a lot of sentimental items in it.

Does anyone have a contact at Air Canada who can perhaps help. Anyone going to be in YUL who can perhaps take a look, the bag is very unique looking - see below.

As far as compensation goes, does booking with Aeroplan points provide insurance on lost luggage? Anything else to do?

Thanks

Does it have a name and phone number on the bag?
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Pesach
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 09:16:21 PM »

Thanks

A credit card with lost baggage insurance may cover it, but that depends how you booked it.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 09:24:06 PM »
Situation similar to what happend with my son.
Flying from France with other boys.
He thought someone else had his bag.  It never made it to NY.
I put in a search ticket for their lost and found. Only canned response.
He got someone in France to go down to CDG and it was in the lost and found.

I strongly suggest  you get someone to check YULs lost and found. And be aggressive enough to have them go back there and check.  (In CDG the guy there 'looked' for it and didn't find it,  but my son's friend saw it B"H.)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yanky1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 07:43:12 PM »
Also flew to TLV with a stop in MUC and no suitcase so far.

How much $ is covered by amex platinum consumer?

Online BCL

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2023, 02:55:21 AM »
Situation similar to what happend with my son.
Flying from France with other boys.
He thought someone else had his bag.  It never made it to NY.
I put in a search ticket for their lost and found. Only canned response.
He got someone in France to go down to CDG and it was in the lost and found.

I strongly suggest  you get someone to check YULs lost and found. And be aggressive enough to have them go back there and check.  (In CDG the guy there 'looked' for it and didn't find it,  but my son's friend saw it B"H.)
+1 Have someone go there and check.
Had a similar situation. Left a bag on a terminal transfer shuttle in ORD. (with 2 shaitels and tefillin!)
My friend went down 2x and they found it.