Author Topic: General Airport Lounge Question  (Read 1483 times)

Offline HarryPotterFan

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
General Airport Lounge Question
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
Hello...

I'm going to be arriving Bangkok next week and I land 2 hours earlier than my spouse. I plan on waiting for her at the airport before we depart for our destination. I wanted to use my Priority Pass upon landing to wait in the lounge as I see from the Priority Pass website their is indeed a 24 hour lounge in my terminal. Question is, what would happen to my bags when I don't pick them up immediately? I wouldn't mind picking them up but then I wouldn't be able to get back through security as I don't have a boarding pass. Any suggestions or am I out of luck and will just have to wait landside in a bench?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: General Airport Lounge Question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
IME, what happens to bags that are not picked up is that they are moved off the baggage claim, and either moved into/in front of the airlines Lost Baggage office (normally close to the baggage claim) or moved into an area of the airport (normally close to baggage claim) where all bags of this type of left.

At that point, you'd either just go take it, or be required to show baggage claim ticket.

That being said, you do run the risk (however unlikely) of someone just running off with it.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
That being said, you do run the risk (however unlikely) of someone just running off with it.

I'd say luggage left on the baggage carousel has a higher propensity for theft because once most of the luggage is gone there's really nobody keeping an eye on the carousel...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »
I'd say luggage left on the baggage carousel has a higher propensity for theft because once most of the luggage is gone there's really nobody keeping an eye on the carousel...

Most bags left on the carousel are not just left there unattended forever; they are removed by airline employees a certain amount of time after the carousel stops circulating and put into either one of the two places I mentioned above. However, even when removed, it depends on the airline and the airport as to where they are moved and how secure they are once there.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
Most bags left on the carousel are not just left there unattended forever; they are removed by airline employees a certain amount of time after the carousel stops circulating and put into either one of the two places I mentioned above. However, even when removed, it depends on the airline and the airport as to where they are moved and how secure they are once there.

I mean just before they are moved. I've often walked by carousels that were still running and had a few bags going 'round, but were otherwise deserted.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
I mean just before they are moved. I've often walked by carousels that were still running and had a few bags going 'round, but were otherwise deserted.

Right, and that's the risk I was talking about.