ShlockDoc's Midwest Roadtrip - Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming
VacationLover's Sedona and the Grand Canyon TR
drewsky9's Arizona Trip Report
Ikelunious99's Arizona Trip Report

Activities

Phoenix

Lucky Strike Lanes
Octance Raceway- Extremely fast Go-Karting
Nordstrom Last Chance - Only one in the world. Amazing deals and great finds! (Close to Segal's)
Phoenix Coyotes
Arizona Diamondbacks
Phoenix Suns
Bearizona
Encanto Park

Grand Canyon
South Kaibab Trail- One of the top rated trails for the GC
Bright Angel Trail - Also one of the top rated trails for GC
Skywalk
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges

Tucson
Saguaro National Park

Restaurants

Phoenix

King Solomon's Pizza - Great food, try the zeplins! Menu Address closed
Segal's Oasis Grill- Best ribs I've ever had! Menu Address
Samarkand Restaurant Map
LaBella Pizzeria and Restaurant- excellent food! http://www.labellapizzeriaandrestaurant.com
phenomenal pizza @ great prices... pizza and dairy 8/10... sushi 6/10

Zabari Grill - Israeli (Shwarma/falafel) clean pleace for AZ... food 6/10   [/size]http://zabarigrill.com/
613 Grill

[/size]Scottsdale
Kitchen 18
Milk & honey @JCC great food but not cholov yisroel (They do have cholov yisroel cheese)

Groceries[/color]

Segal's One Stop Kosher Foods Map
Imperial Market & Deli Map

[/size]Shuls[/i]

Ohr Hatorah Congregation- Located in Phoenix Map
Chabad Jewish Center of North Phoenix Map
Ahavas Torah:The Scottsdale Torah Center Map

yuneeq's Maps

Activities, Restaurants, Shuls, and some other stuff in Phoenix
http://goo.gl/maps/OFL8z
Full day trip from Phoenix to Grand Canyon with a stop off at Sedona
http://goo.gl/maps/qy0hy

Going to AZ in the summer? Trying to beat the heat? Pack a sweater. Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon and most of Utah are usually in the 40s at night, even in August!

Other & More Info Click Here
« Last edited by tmendy226 on May 15, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »

Author Topic: Arizona Master Thread  (Read 144254 times)

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Master Thread
« Reply #450 on: January 11, 2016, 02:17:09 PM »
We've been to Scottsdale before for a short trip, a very nice SPG hotel. Visited Sedona at that time. There was food around. There was a shul 1.5 miles away (Rabbi Shoshan?). So my question is, if we want to go to that area again with the following, what is recommended? Need a shul, hopefully closer for Shabbos. Need food, restaurants (?), food for Shabbos, maybe Shabbos friendly hotel. Have two free Marriot category 4 and one free Marriot category 5 (I don't see anything that's really nice on those categories). Have AA mileage, some Avios as well. Any help on the above would be appreciated. This is for mid winter - end of Jan to beginning Feb, 6 days. Thanks

He's the man. And my bro in law is also involved with that shul.

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
He's the man. And my bro in law is also involved with that shul.
I met Rabbi Shoshan last time we went (a number of years ago. I understand the shul is somewhere else now. Seems further from the Westin Keirland Villas). Saw him this year at Agudah Convention, spoke well.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #452 on: January 24, 2016, 07:08:25 PM »
Any final ideas/places in or near Scottsdale? We're heading on Wednesday evening IYH. Thanks.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 26, 2016, 12:32:27 AM »
Any final ideas/places in or near Scottsdale? We're heading on Wednesday evening IYH. Thanks.

Just checked and weather looks gorgeous this week...aren't you glad you didn't cancel! ;)

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 26, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »
Just checked and weather looks gorgeous this week...aren't you glad you didn't cancel! ;)
Yep. Thanks. Nights are cold, but that's the dessert. We'll probably try Sedona even if it's cold. Seems that this something 18 place and Segals are the places to eat. They deliver? Probably not open late. Will try to check online but real busy before we leave. Thanks all for advice.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 26, 2016, 10:52:56 AM »
Yep. Thanks. Nights are cold, but that's the dessert. We'll probably try Sedona even if it's cold. Seems that this something 18 place and Segals are the places to eat. They deliver? Probably not open late. Will try to check online but real busy before we leave. Thanks all for advice.

Fresh Mint definitely deliver although it's vegetarian we still loved all the unique Asian food.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 26, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
Fresh Mint definitely deliver although it's vegetarian we still loved all the unique Asian food.
Thanks. You say vegetarian and then Asian. Is it in any way similar to a dairy restaurant? Or just strange foods?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 27, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »
Thanks. You say vegetarian and then Asian. Is it in any way similar to a dairy restaurant? Or just strange foods?

It's a vegan Asian restaurant that I guess the non-Jewish owners realized they could get more business by getting hashgacha.  Even my meat eater family loves the food (especially the Pad Thai and curry).

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 27, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »
If you can spare hyatt nights or UR/hyatt points I would really recommend staying at the hyatt regency scottsdale resort & spa at gainey ranch for a night or more. It's a category 5 so it's 20k a night or 10k+$125 c+p. Nice hotel and absolutely beautiful grounds and huge pool area. What we loved most was they have separate pools for people with and without loud kids :). They also had a spa that I think I had free access to as a Plat, so hot tub/sauna/20 head shower type of deal, we used it to take a pre-shab shower after checking out on a Friday and spending shab elsewhere. It's also a 5 minute/$5 uber (or 20 minute beautiful walk) to paprika and mozart so you got your dairy lunch and fleish dinner option - both are ok for ex-NY.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 27, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »
If you can spare hyatt nights or UR/hyatt points I would really recommend staying at the hyatt regency scottsdale resort & spa at gainey ranch for a night or more. It's a category 5 so it's 20k a night or 10k+$125 c+p. Nice hotel and absolutely beautiful grounds and huge pool area. What we loved most was they have separate pools for people with and without loud kids :). They also had a spa that I think I had free access to as a Plat, so hot tub/sauna/20 head shower type of deal, we used it to take a pre-shab shower after checking out on a Friday and spending shab elsewhere. It's also a 5 minute/$5 uber (or 20 minute beautiful walk) to paprika and mozart so you got your dairy lunch and fleish dinner option - both are ok for ex-NY.
HOLD ON a minute! First, I don't have any points with Hyatt, just SPG and Marriot. Just used SPG for our stay at the Westin, which is also very nice. The thing I saw you say - something about Mozart and Paprika - we talking Scottsdale area??? Didn't see anything about these places anywhere. As I have to go to airport soon, please let me know. Thanks.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 27, 2016, 12:15:58 PM »
HOLD ON a minute! First, I don't have any points with Hyatt, just SPG and Marriot. Just used SPG for our stay at the Westin, which is also very nice. The thing I saw you say - something about Mozart and Paprika - we talking Scottsdale area??? Didn't see anything about these places anywhere. As I have to go to airport soon, please let me know. Thanks.
lol yes, Scottsdale.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 27, 2016, 01:15:55 PM »
lol yes, Scottsdale.
YO! How come no one mentioned these places. Whose hechsher? Both in same building? Thanks so much

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 27, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »
YO! How come no one mentioned these places. Whose hechsher? Both in same building? Thanks so much
Right next door to e/o. Take a look at google maps. You can google the hechsher too I assume GIYF!

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:55 AM »
Right next door to e/o. Take a look at google maps. You can google the hechsher too I assume GIYF!
went to Shul. Guy said Mozart is closed. Called. No answer. Any other place u know for breakfast?

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 28, 2016, 10:39:35 AM »
Can u also message me. So I'll know I got message. Difficult using the phone