Author Topic: Looking for some advice regarding credit repair  (Read 4531 times)

Offline lfas25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some advice regarding credit repair
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
when it comes down to a point that you need to give answers and excuses for something that appears on your report, I found it more easier to deal with Chase.other lenders are more dot cut to what they decided in first place.
of course, there are some nice stories with other lenders, but its nothing to compare with Chase.

I do have a chase freedom card. I got it with Wamu and when Chase took them over they lowered my credit limit. I also had another one from another bank they took over and they lowered my limit, so I merged the 2 limits and closed one account.
The reason why I never applied for another Chase card is, right on top of the application it says: "Is your credit history clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts?"
Do you think if I called and tried to apply over the phone I might have a chance?
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
A relative of mine dropped a contract with sprint, he just didn't like it to pay the termination fee of $700 (few lines).
Now a few month later he gets calls from collection agencies, but he don't care.
But now it appears on his report, and I, personally, have a monetary loss as a result....
How do I deal with that?
I give 1,000 MR points for the one who leads me to the strategy that will work!
If it's with a third party (not BOA) then start the dispute process with the 3rd party. It usually takes a couple weeks but it gets removed, or once dispute process is initiated, dispute directly with CB, it should come off. Once off CB, just call them back and pay. Most third party collection agencies don't report as "paid", they just stop reporting and you can request a letter stating its paid (or settled), which you in turn send to CB and they update it. But in your case it won't be relevant since its already removed....

PS. I don't think this is ethical, but it is a strategy that has worked, while still paying everything that was owed (not causing  monetary loss).
Thanks! did something similair, (I paid the original creditor - Sprint, not the collection) per advice on CB, and lo and behold!, checked EX and I didnt see the collection!
And more,  that person was instantly approved for a Amex 4BM 2 nights ago!
I just checked Citi ID monitor, and NO COLLECTIONS!
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »
Thanks! did something similair, (I paid the original creditor - Sprint, not the collection) per advice on CB, and lo and behold!, checked EX and I didnt see the collection!
And more,  that person was instantly approved for a Amex 4BM 2 nights ago!
I just checked Citi ID monitor, and NO COLLECTIONS!
Glad it worked out for you. CB is the go to place for this help.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"