Author Topic: Amazon visa  (Read 1308 times)

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Amazon visa
« on: September 12, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »
Chipasti v'lo motzosi:

I know the amazon visa doesn't have a sign up bonus, but for churning $5K of VRs a day at CVS @ 2ppd for pharmacies,  that would give $100 amazon credit which seems pretty good value to me, but I don't see mention of it anywhere. No linky to apply.
Am I missing something?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon visa
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »
Chipasti v'lo motzosi:

I know the amazon visa doesn't have a sign up bonus, but for churning $5K of VRs a day at CVS @ 2ppd for pharmacies,  that would give $100 amazon credit which seems pretty good value to me, but I don't see mention of it anywhere. No linky to apply.
Am I missing something?
If one is doing 5K a day, they would be better off getting 5x at an office store with an Ink card.

One would also need a lot of BB cards to cash out.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline YG

• View Profile
Amazon visa
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »
If one doesn't currently have any business cards, and one has 2 BB accounts and 6 MVD accounts, and daily walks past a CVS that's usually well stocked with VRs ....

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »
If one doesn't currently have any business cards, and one has 2 BB accounts and 6 MVD accounts ....
It may be a good option for some people, but for others, having the ability to transfer from UR to many partners is worth more.
You can also realize a greater value with redeeming the points and are only marginally "losing" money if you want to sell the points.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline YG

• View Profile
Amazon visa
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
ATM, cash is priority for me over travel, and I use amazon a lot, so amazon credit is good for me.
Even with freedom 10*10 (I never got the letter, and still seem to be getting 10% bonus monthly) I get 5.5K UR which I sell @ 1.6 so 1.76 c per dollar spent, but amazon visa would be 2.

are only marginally "losing" money if you want to sell the points.
Losing money by doing what?

Offline YG

• View Profile
Amazon visa
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
Also, chase website says the points can be redeemed as cash back or used for travel. Does the amazon visa give regular UR? Or is it another currency of points?

- if is UR and I sell at 1.6 I get 3.2 cents cash per dollar spent, not bad pocket money at 20-25K per week.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »
ATM, cash is priority for me over travel, and I use amazon a lot, so amazon credit is good for me.
Even with freedom 10*10 (I never got the letter, and still seem to be getting 10% bonus monthly) I get 5.5K UR which I sell @ 1.6 so 1.76 c per dollar spent, but amazon visa would be 2. Losing money by doing what?
I was saying losing money if you were to sell UR compared to getting the Amazon GC (I am agreeing that the Amazon is worth more if you were to be spending the money at Amazon).
Quaerite et Invenietis.