Author Topic: Avios "Security Breach"  (Read 772 times)

Offline Cohayn

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Avios "Security Breach"
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
Calling all BA experts!

I applied for a Chase British Airways card in September and soon after got approved. Within a month I had spent over $2000 which should have gotten me 50,000 miles. After logging on to my Chase account I noticed in the rewards section that I was awarded the miles but for some reason it was not showing up on my BA account. So I called British Airways and after spending hours on the phone with the representative I realized that they had someone else's information with MY Social Security number. It was my name and my Social Security, but someone else's address and date of birth.

Finally, after going through every address I've ever lived at or it may have been I figured out that it was my sister-in-law's information. She had closed her card over a year ago but for some reason our accounts were linked (She has a middle name but her first name and last name match mine.). After calling her up we figured out that my executive club number was her old one and when she logged into her account all my points were there.

I proceeded to call Chase and British Airways to explain what was going on (they just know that it's in someone else's account/someone else's address and DOB, they don't know that I realized it was my SIL who has my points), but after several really frustrating phone calls both of them were pointing fingers at the other and told me they were unable to help me.

I called BA repeatedly and while the reps/supervisors I spoke with acted concerned about this "security breach" (the linked my info with someone else's!!) and promise to try and fix things and call me back, I have yet to hear back from any of them. Last week I called again and spoke to a supervisor to which I explained the story yet again and that I still have not received my points that the last representative promised me would be displayed in my balance this statement, she said she would fix it immediately but alas, no word back from her.

This has been going on for months and no one has helped me. Anyone have ANY idea how to go about getting this resolved and getting my miles??? This was so incredibly frustrating and they really should be awarding me double the amount of points for all the time and energy wasted on getting this fixed!!!

They have assigned me a new executive club number (2 months ago now but other then that....NOTHING.

HELP!

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Avios "Security Breach"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »
Call back and don't hang up the phone until it's fixed.

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Avios "Security Breach"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »
Since it was a s.s.# mix up -- i blv you have to work with chase as they have the s.s. -- I do not believe airlines would have it --  if you have not kept documentation on who you spoke to  and when and where that person was -- start now --- in fact I would go directly to the presidents office at chase -- if do not have exact dates of who and when spoke to --give approx dates -- do not give up this is solvable

one good thing as assume u have a good relation with S I L -- And she can write you  a ticket