Author Topic: Flying to Israel via Continental Miles...  (Read 2576 times)

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Flying to Israel via Continental Miles...
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:14:32 PM »
I am hoping to go at the end of next summer.  I have rarely flown in my life and know little about dealing with airlines. 

Firstly, I can't seem to find their pricing policy for children age 2-5.  Anybody know where that is? 

Second, does "no special meal offered" on a partner airline mean no kosher food, or what is that all about? 

Third,  if I buy SaverPass tickets, what should I expect to pay besides the 37500 miles? 

Fourth,  is flying via SaverPass going to put me in a more likely position to get bumped?  It seems like an incredibly cheap deal.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
Re: Flying to Israel via Continental Miles...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
A followup question..... can I book the two adults with miles and the kid with cash?

Offline md

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
A followup question..... can I book the two adults with miles and the kid with cash?
Yes

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
I am hoping to go at the end of next summer.  I have rarely flown in my life and know little about dealing with airlines. 

Firstly, I can't seem to find their pricing policy for children age 2-5.  Anybody know where that is? 
You can call them but I don't think the mileage changes for under 5 yr old kids (only an infant in lap would be different).
Second, does "no special meal offered" on a partner airline mean no kosher food, or what is that all about? 
Any airline CO will put you on on a trans-atlantic flight will have Kosher food. A domestic flight will not. So for example, LAX-JFK-FRA-TLV would have on the second two legs but most likely not on the first. You should always get your partner confirmation number and call them to request seats and meals.
Third,  if I buy SaverPass tickets, what should I expect to pay besides the 37500 miles? 
Another 37,500 miles, because it is 75,000 roundtrip.
Fourth,  is flying via SaverPass going to put me in a more likely position to get bumped?  It seems like an incredibly cheap deal.
As far as I know, there is no better or worse position to being bumped. There will always be volunteers and if you don't want to get bumped, don't ask to be bumped.
-Eli

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »
You can call them but I don't think the mileage changes for under 5 yr old kids (only an infant in lap would be different).

I was wondering the difference in cash cost actually but I realize I can figure that out myself by fiddling with the search options on CO.com.

Another 37,500 miles, because it is 75,000 roundtrip.

I realize that already, I just mean what cash costs would I incur besides taxes?

Thanks for the help Eli!

Offline Yoel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »
I realize that already, I just mean what cash costs would I incur besides taxes?

none