Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1235238 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #1180 on: August 29, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »
What're the chances Chase starts sending out referral offers in September?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 29, 2016, 11:00:49 PM »

(and he tried to talk me into CPC).
and?

Offline rediplus

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 29, 2016, 11:05:20 PM »
if i cancel the card after i get the points and transfer them..lets say within the first 3 months..will the $450 get refunded ? will the points get clawed back ?

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 29, 2016, 11:07:33 PM »
if i cancel the card after i get the points and transfer them..lets say within the first 3 months..will the $450 get refunded ? will the points get clawed back ?
Nobody's had it that long but why would the points get clawed back ?

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 29, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
I'm way over 5/24, so I figured I'd try my luck walking into a Chase branch and asking if I had any pre-approved offers available.  The banker told me I was pre-approved for everything.  (!)  So I applied for the CSR and then the Freedom Unlimited.

The CSR application was instantly approved, with an absurdly high credit limit.  The FU application returned the 7-10 business days message, to the banker's surprise.  He tried calling the lending department to argue on my behalf, but not dice - rejected due to 5/24.  He even offered (with my permission) to close an extra Freedom account that I don't use to free up the credit line, but that didn't work.  He was very apologetic (and he tried to talk me into CPC).

I'm not sure what to do now.  Sit and wait and try again in a few months?  Or call to convert the spare Freedom account to FU and forego the 15k-point bonus?  (Is it safe to assume that, if I convert Freedom to FU now, I could close the account at some point in the future and apply for a new one and be eligible for the bonus then?)  I'd need to spend $30k on the FU (not including anything I'd charge to a different card in any case, like Freedom bonus categories and dining/travel) to offset the "lost" 15k points - but I suppose they aren't lost if I can apply at some point in the future.

Is it worth trying to apply for the FU online today, even though I already tried in the branch just a few hours ago, or would that confuse everything?
Go back and take him up on the CPC offer

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 29, 2016, 11:10:21 PM »
If you've already transferred them, how can they take them back?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 29, 2016, 11:12:16 PM »
Guys, listen up, I still haven't seen any real data that CPC does anything. Many people have reported getting approved instantly online and in branch while being over 5/24 without CPC.

Now if someone would come with a story that he was over 5/24 and was declined for that reason and his banker overturned the decision because of his PC status that would be data.  Until then I don't wanna hear any talk about CPC.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 29, 2016, 11:44:13 PM »
I applied for the reserve Friday, got the standard answer that they need time to review my app. I called recon and was told it was declined, was able to get them to reconsider and have it moved down the chain for approval consideration. Now when I call the status line, it says I'll find out in 2 weeks (instead of 7-10 days).  Any point in calling recon again to see if its approved yet or should I wait it out?

Offline doctorofcredit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Doctor of Credit
« Reply #1188 on: August 30, 2016, 12:11:45 AM »
What're the chances Chase starts sending out referral offers in September?

Probably depends on what demand is like compared to expectations. I'd say chances would be low until they get through all the backlog, but happy to be proven wrong.

Guys, listen up, I still haven't seen any real data that CPC does anything. Many people have reported getting approved instantly online and in branch while being over 5/24 without CPC.

Now if someone would come with a story that he was over 5/24 and was declined for that reason and his banker overturned the decision because of his PC status that would be data.  Until then I don't wanna hear any talk about CPC.

People have been overturned with CPC. Personally I'd like to see some more DP of people being instantly approved online and being over 5/24, excluding authorized users and business accounts.
Like my posts? Check out my blog Doctor of Credit.

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »

+1

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #1190 on: August 30, 2016, 12:15:33 AM »
Got approved Wednesday for both CSR & FU. Today i got the FU by UA mail, and all my calls to chase regarding a tracking for the CSR got no results. I have received today around 6ish and email from UPS that a package is coming next day air from Chase. Funny that before i even opened up the email (like an hour later) i was on the phone with Chase and they still couldn't give me a tracking number

Offline Yitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 30, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »
I applied through dansdeals and got declined, I called and they said over the limit with 5/24. My wife went to the branch she was pre approved the officer added me as a AU. I tried getting the branch manager that helped my wife try calling for me and it did not help they gave the same excuse even though he mentioned I was a long time Chase client. I will try calling again hoping that HUCA helps.

Offline Ysturmwind

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 30, 2016, 09:08:54 AM »
I posted about this last week, but I applied for the CSR on 8/22 it went pending I spoke to recon and the verification department on 8/23 and 8/24 and its still been sitting there pending ever since. I spoke to a couple of people who could not help move it along, last I spoke to someone on 8/27 at night and they said to just sit tight and it could take up to 30 days to be processed. Called this morning and got the message stating I will be notified in about 2 weeks. Anyone have experience waiting this long for a card to be approved?

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 30, 2016, 09:15:18 AM »
I applied for the card last night and got the pending message and when i called recon today they quoted 5/24 (4 with chase 2 authorized users and one discover) and he said there is no way that i can get approved even if i move credit. Anything else i can do? (i might be cpc, but not sure)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:29:35 AM by emineh17 »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1194 on: August 30, 2016, 09:24:54 AM »

Uhm... here.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 30, 2016, 09:29:17 AM »

You are incorrect on this matter, and a modicum of reading would indicate this, but I can certainly commiserate with your desire not to hear any more talk about CPC.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 30, 2016, 09:58:41 AM »
I applied for the card last night and got the pending message and when i called recon today they quoted 5/24 (4 with chase 2 authorized users and one discover) and he said there is no way that i can get approved even if i move credit. Anything else i can do? (i might be cpc, but not sure)
I was told you need 250K in chase to be CPC

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 30, 2016, 10:03:49 AM »
I was told you need 250K in chase to be CPC
Ive heard some people say less, as long as you opened your accounts with a banker and developed a relationship with the banker.
How can i know if im cpc?

Offline mimb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, United, Delta, AMEX, CHASE UR, SPG
« Reply #1198 on: August 30, 2016, 10:05:24 AM »
is there a referral bonus set up for this card yet? i know they have it for the sapphire preferred

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »
Ive heard some people say less, as long as you opened your accounts with a banker and developed a relationship with the banker.
How can i know if im cpc?
ask your Banker