Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1272503 times)

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5760 on: February 05, 2024, 03:57:47 PM »
If I have a CSR, I get 1.5% value on points, as opposed to 1.25% with CSP. So is there any reason not to get a CSR if I want to buy a ticket that CSR would save me more than the difference between the annual fees? And if I cannot get approved for the card (5/24), is there any reason not to upgrade from Preferred to Reserve? I know there is no bonus, but it would still be worth it. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #5761 on: February 05, 2024, 04:02:28 PM »
If I have a CSR, I get 1.5% value on points, as opposed to 1.25% with CSP. So is there any reason not to get a CSR if I want to buy a ticket that CSR would save me more than the difference between the annual fees? And if I cannot get approved for the card (5/24), is there any reason not to upgrade from Preferred to Reserve? I know there is no bonus, but it would still be worth it. Am I missing something?
Thanks.
Nope. Go for it

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: February 20, 2024, 08:16:14 PM »
How long does it take to be able to transfer UR to partners once approved for a CSP/CSR?

I downgraded to Freedom Flex as I was past 48 months from my last signup bonus, but now need to transfer to Hyatt. If I apply for a new Sapphire and get approved online, can I transfer UR right away, or do I need to get the card and activate it?

Offline Shmuelr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: March 13, 2024, 02:32:07 PM »
I have a flight I booked using a different card. If I pay for seats using my sapphire will I get the travel/baggage insurance benefit?

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5764 on: March 13, 2024, 02:55:34 PM »
How long does it take to be able to transfer UR to partners once approved for a CSP/CSR?

I downgraded to Freedom Flex as I was past 48 months from my last signup bonus, but now need to transfer to Hyatt. If I apply for a new Sapphire and get approved online, can I transfer UR right away, or do I need to get the card and activate it?
I don't have that answer, but if you upgraded an existing card to CSR, it would be as soon as it reflects online, which is pretty much instant.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: March 13, 2024, 04:07:25 PM »
I don't have that answer, but if you upgraded an existing card to CSR, it would be as soon as it reflects online, which is pretty much instant.
But he just downgraded to be able to apply for a new one.
The way I'd play it,
I'd apply for a new CSR, if approved, I'd call and talk to a rep to move the points.
It's possible, though, that you'd need to wait for it to be assigned a number.  That may be before it shows up on line, but may not be instant.  But I'd call immediately after approval.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #5766 on: March 27, 2024, 07:26:10 PM »
@Dan

As of July 1, 2024 you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as part of the Priority Pass SelectTM Benefit associated with your Card. Access to Priority Pass Select's network of lounges and other select airport experiences is not impacted by this update.

Offline TzviR

• View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #5767 on: March 27, 2024, 10:06:25 PM »
@Dan

As of July 1, 2024 you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as part of the Priority Pass SelectTM Benefit associated with your Card. Access to Priority Pass Select's network of lounges and other select airport experiences is not impacted by this update.
This applys to the Ritz as well

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline MiInvstr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline MiInvstr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: April 01, 2024, 02:25:16 AM »
Grocery PYB may be over…

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/speculation-grocery-category-getting-eliminated-from-chase-sapphire-reserve-pay-yourself-1-25/amp/
And it seems like it’s over:( The new categories are Wholesale Clubs and Pet Supplies stores.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: April 06, 2024, 07:38:35 PM »
AF on my reserve has posted, and there are no retention offers per the rep. I see no point I keeping the card active with the AF, now that I have the Cap One Venture X. If I downgrade to CSP, will it automatically close my Reserve, and what happens to the points? Do they automatically transfer or I better move them to the airline points? I have Ink Business card, and am also under 5/24 rule. I opened Reserve is 2018, and if I remember correctly, since it has been over 4 years since I last got Sapphire bonus, can I get a bonus on CSP? Or, is there something else that I can do that is better for me?

Thanks.

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: April 06, 2024, 10:14:06 PM »
AF on my reserve has posted, and there are no retention offers per the rep. I see no point I keeping the card active with the AF, now that I have the Cap One Venture X. If I downgrade to CSP, will it automatically close my Reserve, and what happens to the points? Do they automatically transfer or I better move them to the airline points? I have Ink Business card, and am also under 5/24 rule. I opened Reserve is 2018, and if I remember correctly, since it has been over 4 years since I last got Sapphire bonus, can I get a bonus on CSP? Or, is there something else that I can do that is better for me?

Thanks.
You can downgrade to a freedom. The points will stay on it.
Then open a separate CSP if you’d like to get the SUB.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: April 07, 2024, 09:27:22 AM »
You can downgrade to a freedom. The points will stay on it.
Then open a separate CSP if you’d like to get the SUB.

Thanks, does downgrade to freedom and sign up for CSP involves 2 hits on the credit? Not that it matters, but curious.

How long should I wait to sign up for CSP after downgrading to Freedom and closing Reserve? Or, I should downgrade to freedom and that will automatically close Reserve?

Thanks.

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #5773 on: April 07, 2024, 09:31:41 AM »
Thanks, does downgrade to freedom and sign up for CSP involves 2 hits on the credit? Not that it matters, but curious.

How long should I wait to sign up for CSP after downgrading to Freedom and closing Reserve? Or, I should downgrade to freedom and that will automatically close Reserve?

Thanks.
If you downgrade a card, it switches over to the next. No credit checks. And it doesn't keep the old one open. Also, there shouldn't be any reason to have to wait.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 09:42:34 AM by HudZ »
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: April 07, 2024, 09:56:06 AM »
If you downgrade a card, it switches over to the next. No credit checks. And it doesn't keep the old one open. Also, there shouldn't be any reason to have to wait.

Thanks.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5775 on: April 07, 2024, 11:57:37 AM »

Thanks.
You'll want to wait a few days.

Yah, you'll probably want to wait a few days before applying online or even longer if in branch.

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/ultimate-comparison-chart-chase-ultimate-rewards-cards-supercharge-earnings-creating-chase-quinfecta-killer-combo-2/

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #5776 on: April 07, 2024, 04:10:44 PM »
 Yah, you'll probably want to wait a few days before applying online or even longer if in branch.
2-3 days. Got it.
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: April 08, 2024, 10:06:03 AM »

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/ultimate-comparison-chart-chase-ultimate-rewards-cards-supercharge-earnings-creating-chase-quinfecta-killer-combo-2/

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: April 09, 2024, 10:44:10 AM »
Two more questions before I close the card:

1. Will I get the refund of the AF if I close the card within 45-days of posting date? I am traveling next week, and want to use PP before closing the card.

2. Can I use the travel credit before closing the card, and get AF (full amount) refunded, or the travel credit will be reduced from the AF refund?

Thanks.

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: April 09, 2024, 12:18:12 PM »

2. Can I use the travel credit before closing the card, and get AF (full amount) refunded?

Thanks.
Yes