Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2416134 times)

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #6520 on: October 21, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »
Thanks, I'm aware of the basics. At one point I was very active in this parsha.
I'm specifically asking what have been people's experiences with this and if this is really Chase's policy or should I continue the HUCA game?

Just did 2nd HUCA.  Rep insisted , like the first did,  that the system picks a report for the particular app and that can't be changed.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
Haven't been following this thread, and I'm not sure how to search for this specific question.

I applied for Ink last week, and was immediately notified by Chase to call in.
When I did, they said they need to verify that my business info is legit, and that I can do that by faxing in the appropriate documents or by visiting a branch.

Does anyone know if there is a faster way to verify my info, as I visited the branch and all they did was fax in documents that supposedly won't be received for another 2 weeks.
Visibly Jewish

Offline lechatchileh ariber

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
Just did 2nd HUCA.  Rep insisted , like the first did,  that the system picks a report for the particular app and that can't be changed.
So if you freeze it first they'll pull from TU, or they decide what they want?
I don't sin, I give myself opportunities to repent.

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: October 21, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
So if you freeze it first they'll pull from TU, or they decide what they want?
In NY & NJ they pull from EX.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6609.0
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:38:58 PM by TimT »

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: October 21, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »

Offline upside down

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6525 on: October 21, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
I applied for the ink plus on Sunday. At the same time I submitted applications for the ink bold and united explorer. For some reason the ink bold and united applications didn't go through and they said they can't see anything. (I also got a Barclays and citi card on Sunday) is it worth a shot for me to try to apply for ink bold and united now or they are gonna decline because they will see three applications from 2 days ago?

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: October 21, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
I applied for the ink plus on Sunday. At the same time I submitted applications for the ink bold and united explorer. For some reason the ink bold and united applications didn't go through and they said they can't see anything. (I also got a Barclays and citi card on Sunday) is it worth a shot for me to try to apply for ink bold and united now or they are gonna decline because they will see three applications from 2 days ago?
They Probably will decline but if you call rec and have a good reason they may approve.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:27:34 PM by Dav »

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: October 21, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
Chase don't know what cards you got from other companies. (Until it shows on your report, which it doesn't) They do see the pulls though.
It's worth a shot, but you'll for sure need some serious recon.
Also depends how many pulls you already have and what you plan for the next few months.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »
I had an airline card application that 'got lost' for a few weeks some time ago, no record of an application, and then all of a sudden a letter in the mail stating that they needed more information!!  They do have a missing information department for incomplete applications. 

On the other hand, I know of someone who had two applications just disappear even though he received computer verification that it will take up to 30 days for an answer.

Offline DoGo

• View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: October 21, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »
(Update: approved for United , not Ink) After a bunch of HUCAs all i can get is that when the United card (16k spend) is linked it will generate, and then they can close it and approve the Ink (for 5k spend).

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: October 21, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »
Haven't been following this thread, and I'm not sure how to search for this specific question.

I applied for Ink last week, and was immediately notified by Chase to call in.
When I did, they said they need to verify that my business info is legit, and that I can do that by faxing in the appropriate documents or by visiting a branch.

Does anyone know if there is a faster way to verify my info, as I visited the branch and all they did was fax in documents that supposedly won't be received for another 2 weeks.
Yes, by the branch they can either fax it which takes a long time or they can upload it which ime took less then 2 hours

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: October 22, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
Yes, by the branch they can either fax it which takes a long time or they can upload it which ime took less then 2 hours

Thanks
Visibly Jewish

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: October 22, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »
Thanks
Any time.
It was discussed upthread.

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: October 22, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »
I have an application for the Sapphire, they said they would only approve it if I close another card.

I have the freedom with 20k of UR, but nowhere to transfer. (No other UR cards for me or spouse)
I also have the BA Visa which I just opened, completed the spend and waiting for statement to close on Nov. 3rd so the points post. But last recon on the Sapphire was on Oct. 4th, so that will be more than 30 days. Any ideas?

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: October 22, 2014, 09:51:48 AM »
I have an application for the Sapphire, they said they would only approve it if I close another card.

I have the freedom with 20k of UR, but nowhere to transfer. (No other UR cards for me or spouse)
I also have the BA Visa which I just opened, completed the spend and waiting for statement to close on Nov. 3rd so the points post. But last recon on the Sapphire was on Oct. 4th, so that will be more than 30 days. Any ideas?
Extend it by calling in again to reconsider which will prompt another denial letter which should give you another 30 days.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6535 on: October 22, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »

Did you use separate browsers, or just separate windows?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: October 22, 2014, 09:54:43 AM »
Extend it by calling in again to reconsider which will prompt another denial letter which should give you another 30 days.
They said it was already reconsidered and nothing changed. So they can't reconsider it again.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: October 22, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
They said it was already reconsidered and nothing changed. So they can't reconsider it again.
Huca, That's very easy.
Just get someone to reconsider.

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: October 22, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »
Huca, That's very easy.
Just get someone to reconsider.
Every time I call, they won't let me put a word in before they put me on hold. After that, there's usually no hope. Not to mention the embarrassment when it's the same representative and they start giving you מוסר.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: October 22, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »
Every time I call, they won't let me put a word in before they put me on hold. After that, there's usually no hope. Not to mention the embarrassment when it's the same representative and they start giving you מוסר.
But they still reconsider,  no?
Call and say hi my name is eli f, how are you doing today etc, when she/he says how can I help you you say I applied 2 weeks ago (or so) for the card & I can't see why they don't want to accept me I have good credit long history etc.
They really don't have when to cut you off