Topic Wiki

Trip Reports

Dan, AJK here and here , Chapshnell, UshDadude, sam28, YudiG, Tzfas, mochada, jagstangz, Neil, dpk4588, BKYW, tzifanya54, stever, mordechain, nafnaf12, SLMYRCB, Friars500

Flight Options (as of 04/18)

Cathay Pacific flies directly to/from JFK (777-300ER).         

Final date for this route, 02/23/20

Economy:
12.5K BA OW
17.5K AS OW
20K CX OW (30K RT)

Premium Economy:
25K BA OW
20K AS OW
24K CX OW (36K RT)

Business Class:
37.5K BA OW
25K AS OW
25K CX OW (50K RT)

First Class:
50K BA OW
35K AS OW
40K CX OW (70K RT)
Air Canada flies directly to/from EWR (787-800).
Economy:
12.5K SQ, UA, AC OW

Premium Economy:
20K AC OW

Business Class:
20K SQ OW
25K UA, AC OW

There is also a Delta flight direct to/from JFK in the summer months (prices vary as expected from Delta).   

DP01 (07/13): CX availability becomes better closer to the flight. (MEIR613)
DP02 (04/18): CX availability disappears 3-5 days out on BA and AS. (SLMYRCB)
DP03 (08/18): CX availability can only show up on BA or AS if there is more than 1 seat remaining, if it's only 1 seat, it will only be available on CX.com Use CX.com to see actual # of seats available. (@Yehuda)

Food - BC Kosher List

Cafe Forty One (dairy - cholov yisrael) formerly Shuk Eat/Play
5750 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC
V6M 2V9, Canada
Tel: 604-563-4141
Delivery Service via Skip The Dishes (Fairmont Pacific Rim is not within the deliverable area)
"Really great, everything tasty good value, best Caesar Salad ever, and order pizza in advance for good "camp" like homemade yummyness." (shiframeir)
"Nice selection of pastries in addition to their dairy menu. The pizzas and sandwiches are very good." (SLMYRCB)

Nava Creative Cusine (dairy/pareve - non cholov yisrael)
950 West 41st Avenue
Vancouver, BC
Tel: (604) 676-7579
Located at the JCC - right around corner from Cafe Forty One

Omnitsky's Kosher (meat)
5775 Oak Street,
Vancouver, BC
Tel: (604) 321-1818
Just across the street from Cafe Forty One

Sabra Bakery (meat)
3844 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC
Tel: (604) 733-4912
Two miles down Oak Street near the Sharei Tzedek Shul

Maple Grill (meat)
1967 W Broadway
Vancouver, BC
V6J 1Z3, Canada
Tel: (604) 568-4885

Mount Royal Bagels - North Vancouver
701 Queensbury Ave
North Vancouver, BC
V7L 3V9, Canada
Tel: (604) 904-1116

Real Canadian Superstore
Marine Drive
Has kosher products

Kosher Food Warehouse
612 Kingsway (rear)
Vancouver, BC
Tel: (604) 709-9889

Shabbos

Chabad Downtown - walkable from many hotels, no Eruv, Shacharis on Shabbos followed by Kiddush, Friday night Minyan last weekend each month.
TheKollel - in the community, yes Eruv, Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre only points hotel in the Eruv, Airbnb options, all Minyanim, free Shabbos meals. Some hotels downtown (outside the Eruv) are about an hour walk.
Eruv - https://goo.gl/maps/D2oLBC39GT72

Activities

Stanley park - trolley, rent bikes at Bayshore Bike/Spokes/lots of other places (Westin Bayshore provides 2 hours of free bikes), playground/water are, 9 o'clock gun
Aquarium in Stanley Park
Capilano suspension bridge - also tree walk and cliff walk
Capilano Salmon Hatchery
Lynn Canyon suspension bridge and hikes (Twin Falls, 30 Foot Pool) - free
Grouse Mountain - gondola up, can take chairlift even higher, then an elevator to top of windmill, view of Vancouver, ziplining, parasailing, lumberjack show, see grizzly bears, Grouse Grind - way to hike up the mountain instead
Granville island - market, street performers, kayaking, stand up paddleboat, false creek ferries, brewery tour, kids play area, rent a boat, can bike to here
Seaplane around Vancouver harbor or to Whistler -  http://www.harbour-air.com/index.php 
Whale watching
Victoria Island - ferry to the island/back, Butchart Gardens (expensive, underwhelming), Miniature World, Fisherman's Wharf, oldest Synagogue in Canada. Victoria seems to be very expensive, ferry $30, to bring a car $100, gardens $30.
Bowen Island
Seabus - cheap ferry across harbor and back
Deep Cove kayaking
UBC Garden - Greenheart TreeWalk (look for Groupon)
Zoo
Harbor boat tours - boatrent.ca, Harbor Cruises was terrible - dpk4588
Sea wall
Watch sea planes
Cypress Mountain
Seymour Mountain
Art Museum
Science center imax
Pacific Center Mall
See Olympic torch
"Tour Guys" free walking tour
Rivers to see salmon spawn (swim upstream)
Robson street
Denman street
Vancouver Convention Center - Olympics memorabilia
Kitsilano Beach
Kids Bowl Free
Takaya golf centre
Poets cove
Elizabeth gardens
Van dusen gardens - better than Elizabeth gardens
Canada Place - fly over canada ride experience
Brittania Mine Museum
Vancouver Lookout
Gastown - steam clock
Chinatown
Yaletown
http://scenicrush.com/ - exotic car drive up the Sea to sky highway
Dr SunYatSen Chinese Garden (Dan and a DDFer said not worth it)
Free Chinese Garden
Lighthouse park
Safari Eco Boat Tour and Seaplane flight  Sewellsmarina.com

On the way to Whistler: (see Whistler Master Thread)
Sea to sky highway
Sea to sky gondola in Squamish, can hike up and take gondola down
River rafting in Squamish
Shannon Falls
Brandywine Falls
Panorama Ridge Hike in Lake Garibaldi in between Squamish and Whistler

« Last edited by pointer on February 16, 2020, 11:32:24 PM »

Author Topic: Vancouver Master Thread  (Read 274671 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Vancouver Master Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »
What was your experience eating at the kollel meal?
It was very nice
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Moes Tavern

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
"I've done some things I'm not proud of, and the things I am proud of are pretty disgusting"

Offline mochada

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »
July 4th weekend TR:

I finally had time to write my first TR.  I hope it builds on other TRs and helps those looking to visit YVR in the future.

My wife and I decided to go on a quick get away July 4th weekend to make the most of our US Legal holidays off.  Since our son just turned 1, we were considering driving to Niagara Falls, Toronto or Montreal.  About 2 weeks prior to our trip, we decided if we could fly somewhere for cheap (which is next to impossible for July 4th weekend) or on points, we're game.  Searching different destination of our choice, YVR seemed the most feasible.  Using our BA points, we booked ourselves in J on CX from JFK to YVR after reading recommendations and TRs from many DDFers.  For the return, we couldn't find availaibility in J or F for the Sunday night flight (availability opened up while we were in YVR).  We booked our return using UA miles (25K each in J) via ORD and built in a trip to the great-grandparents.

We arrived at JFK T7, checked in and headed directly to the BA Executive Club Lounge all which took approx 10 minutes. Upon arrival in the lounge, we settled our son in the childrens' play area which was godsent.  He had numerous toys and movies to watch to keep him plenty busy(Thanks Dan for your info about this in your TR!) while my wife and I enjoyed some drinks, snacks and dinner we had brought.  At the time of boarding, we headed to gate to board our flight. We boarded the plane, watched some movies, slept for a little and enjoyed our flatbeds.  Similar to other DDFers, the food in J is not great.  Our meals arrived still frozen and was next to inedible.

At approx 1 AM, we arrived in YVR after a nice nap, we picked up our bags and hopped in a cab to the Hyatt Regency where we were spending the next 2 nights.  I had booked our 2 nights using the AAA Breakfast Rate for approx $150/night, (thanks Joeb1) and a suite upgrade on my platinum status, instead of using 15K since it wasn't a reasonable redemption.  Upon arrival, we were upgraded from a standard suite to an executive suite on the 34th floor (thanks for your help Ergel).  It was a nice sized 2 room suite with great views of the harbor.  We settled in for the night in order to prepare for the day ahead.

Thursday- Upon waking up, I called to have our breakfast delivered to the room.  They sent up enough food, catered by the JCC cafe, for about 6 people.  Luckily this fed us for both breakfast and lunch.  The hotel ordered us an assortment of bagels, cream cheese, omelletes, muffins and fruit.  We set out to pick up our rental car from the Avis around the corner (approx $110 for 3 nights) to head North to Grouse Mountain to begin our adventures in Vancouver.  We drove around Stanley Park, opting not to take the road directly through the center, to explore what we can do on the way back.  We took the sky ride up and enjoyed the beautiful views of the city.  As suggested by other DDFers, try to stand on the outside of the tram to get the best views and pictures.  Upon arrival at the top of the mountain, the lumber jack show was beginning.  At the point in the show where they ask for the youngest child, a lady in front of us pointed to our son and they called us up.  The chair is still sitting in a bag in his room.  It needs direly to be sanded down and polished.  We headed to the bird watching tour which was OK.  Unfortunately there was an overcast so we didn't spend as much time as we want and descended the mountain in the fog.  Our next stop was the Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge which is highly recommended by DDFers.  By the time we arrived, the fog had lifted.  The views of the water fall from the bridge were beautiful! There were plenty of families with children and Gan Izzy were there exploring the trails and the fun suspenion bridge. There was plenty of jumping on the ends of the bridge which caused whirlwinds of screams and people jumping, we thought it was quite fun! Definitely worth the trip there, although concierges and locals will recommend the paid Capliano Suspension bridge.  For the remainder of the day, we walked around the Sea Wall in Stanley Park.  For those with kids, on the east side of Stanley Park there is a small waterpark for children, our son loved running around there getting soaked and splashing.  As it was approaching our son's bed time, we had arranged to have a friend of the family babysit and headed over to Maple Grill for dinner. 

Maple Grill-

Soup- avocado gezpacho soup- delicous! I believe this was a special of the week.  They didn't have the Tomato soup on the menu.
Appetizers- Spring Rolls (recommended by many DDFers)- DELICIOUS, Musaka rolls (recommended by the waiters)- pretty good.
We were told the onion rings were no longer available due to low demand!!
Mains- Maple Chipolte Burger- Really Good!, Steak Sandwhich- was OK
Dessert- Tiramisu- Really Good!
Drinks- Mojitos- Pretty good

Looking for suggestions for the remainder of the night, one of the waitresses recommended we see an Improv Show on Granville Islandand she graciously arranged for our taxi and tickets.  The Improv show was OK but the Granville Island Brewery beer I ordered made it worth it.  We walked along the water which has stunning views of the Vancouver skyline.

Friday-  Breakfast was similar to that on Thurday- an insane amount of bagels, we could have fed 2-3 other couples.  As we wanted to cram in as much of the city as possible, we opted to take a hop-on-hop-off tour.  These tours are a bit expensive, some of the tour guides are better and funnier than others.  The best hop-on-hop-off tour guides we had were in San Francisco and London.  Our first stop we got off was Granville Island where had walked around the night before.  Spent some time in the Kid's market which has lots of costume, magic and toy shops. In addition, they have a small play area for kids.  I wanted to take the Granville Island Brewery tour but since our son was with us they wouldn't allow us.  Instead, we did the beer tasting.  If they sold these beers in NY, I would def buy them!  Very tasty and hit the spot at 11 AM.  Continuing on our adventure, we walked through the Market which had anything and everything from fruit to fresh poultry to coffee, etc, exiting by the water overlooking the city. As we didn't have much more time to spend there, we headed back to the bus to our next stop, the Chinese gardens.  After reading Dan's TR, we went into the free garden (not Dr Sun Yat Sen).  I wouldn't say I was too impressed but was pretty none the less.  Hopped back on the next bus and headed back to the Harbor.  Along the way, we passed through gastown and missed the Steamclock by approx 2 minutes.  Exited the bus by the Harbor, walked around enjoying our last moments in downtown Vancouver before prepping for Shabbos.  As we were hungry, we ordered from the Zaatar Humus Bar.  Ordered a falafel and the "Bomb" which consists of Chummus, Techina, Mushrooms, Falafel and added on caramelized onions- these were one of the best falafel/chummus platters we have tasted. Packed up our room, headed to Omnitskys to grab a snack and food for our flight to ORD on Sunday and headed to our shabbos hosts.

Thank you everyone on DDF for assiting me with planning this trip!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:28:01 PM by jagstangx »

Offline Neil

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:38 AM »
July 23- 30 Vancouver and Whistler TR

First off, I wanna thank everyone here on the forums for your help- Thanks to you I had an amazing trip!
A couple of points before I begin: 1) I'm no major traveler and haven't racked up plat status anywhere- I'm just a regular spg and economy class guy who likes to get out, so this TR may help those common folk like myself. 2) I went with my wife and 15 month old so activities needed to accommodate accordingly. 3) I did spend some time in Vancouver before (not on vacation) so I know some people and was able to stay by them for shabbos so I can't help with shabbos food prep etc. 4) The weather was absolutely perfect when we went- 75 and sunny pretty much everyday.

We flew on tues July 23 on CX (economy class) with ba miles from JFK to YVR. Flight was pleasant although as Dan mentioned in one of the threads cx doesn't allow you to bring any rear facing car seats on board so we had to lay our son down on pillows and blankets. Bummer. We stayed in the 4 points airport hotel- 8 minute shuttle from airport cuz we just wanted a place to crash for the night and being a cat. 2 was only 4k spg points. Nice, clean and big rooms with very nice lobby.

Wed- we rented a car from Budget downtown- w Georgia st. (down the block from westin grand) It was 251 for the week- which was about 300 dollars cheaper than renting from the airport (35-40 dollar cab ride from airport). Another really nice perk that this budget comes with is (some of the other budgets also offer this but I don't know which ones) a coupon book with about 200 dollars worth of stuff to do in Vancouver- including one free admission to the aquarium (~23 dollar value), one free admission to the zoo (~20 dollar value), and one free admission to harbour boat tours (~30 value) and other stuff too. We went out for an early lunch at Sabras- I ordered falafel and my wife had pasta. The food was really fine and the workers are super friendly. We then went to the aquarium in Stanley Park. Great activity for kids and adults! Following the aquarium we went for a stroll drove around part of the sea wall- really beautiful walk. We didn't rent bikes but it looked like a lot of fun. Another nice part of Stanley Park is that they have a really cute free water fountain kids playland along the side of the road which is great for little kids. We wanted to take it easy so ended our activities for the day. We stayed at the westin grand downtown (we chose the grand over bayshore cuz the grand is all suites). I couldn't find any overnight lot that was cheaper so I shelled out the 30 bux (in and out privs). Beautiful hotel but not huge rooms (like all downtown hotels). We had brought Dinner with us from NY for that night.

Thurs- Went to the bay and did the Harbour tours- 1 hour of stunning views of the harbour, the local mountains and downtown (side note- I bought the groupon for 2 for 30 but from budget you get one free pass so it comes out the same w or w/out the groupon). My son loved it cuz there was plenty of room to crawl around. Following the tour we walked along the bay- checked out the seaplanes, saw olympic torch (about 15-20 minute walk from the tour dock)- just a gorgeous walk with mountains in the back. Like Stanley Park, there is a really cute free water fountain playland for kids (which was even better than the one in stanley park)- it's located like 4 or 5 minute walk from the westin bayshore. We then went to Granville island. Tons of fun just to walk around and check out the shops and street performers and has some great views. Additionally- right across from the brewery there is a kids fun zone with slides and all kinds of toy stores. Great for kids (duh). Thurs night we slept by my hosts so we put our son to bed and went to Maple grill. Awesome food and great ambiance. I had the brisket and my wife had the steak sandwich. Both were delicious and quite affordable and desserts we had the hot lava cakes. Amazing.

Friday- as per everyones recommendations- we skipped capilano and went to lynn canyon- did a quick hike ( used a baby backpack so we were able to do more than just the suspension bridge) and the suspension bridge. Really nice and its free!

Shabbos- by my amazing hosts.

Sunday- we drove up to Whistler. The drive (sea to sky highway) is absolutely jaw droppingly beautiful and is an absolute must. We got to whistler like noon time. Took the gondola up to the top. We didn't bother with the stroller but you can just bring a stroller up top and walk around (I wouldn't bring a snap-n-go but any decent stroller should be fine). The view from up there is beyond incredible. (ps- bring a jacket- its chilly up there!). We then took the peak to peak to blackomb (btw- the admission you pay at the beginning-like 50 dollars- covers all gondola and lift rides for the day)- simply amazing. That sunday was the last day of the season to check out the glaciers up there- theres a shuttle from the blackomb (where the peak to peak leaves you off) to 7th heaven express and you then take  a ski lift to the top and from there you see the glaciers and snow- including skiers and riders (in late July!!). People were having snow ball fights up there! The views from 7th heaven are incredible. We took ski lifts down blackomb and then walked around the village. Stayed at the Westin whistler that night. Gorgeous hotel ( I paid 30 bux to upgrade to 1 bedroom suite) and beautiful spacious suites.

Mon- Drove back from Whistler and about 25 minutes (on the way back) is a waterfall and hike/walk called brandywine falls. I highly recommend stopping over. Its right off the highway and is totally stroller friendly and is a quite impressive waterfall with beautiful views. We drove straight to the Vancouver zoo. It's a bit far from the city- in a place called aldergrove bc.- like 45 minutes. Not a great zoo but nice place to walk around. Not worth the 20 bux admission (with budget I only paid for 1) but if youre looking for something kid friendly with a nice walk then I would consider it. We wanted to go to Falafel plus for dinner but when we were there we heard it wasn't under hashgacha.  We went to Sabra and ordered shwarma. We enjoyed it very much.

Tues- We rented a boat from granville island for an hour. It was a lot of fun- gorgeous views and a ton of fun. A little pricey- After all is said and done (insurance, gas, tax and rental) it costs about 85 bucks for the hour. The longer you go the cheaper per hr it is. We were gonna go to one of the many gardens that vancouver boasts but didn't get around to it. Tues night we flew out on United (economy class  :-[).

We had an amazing time. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »
Thanks for the 2 nice tr it sounds fun

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2013, 12:25:16 AM »
It's not just myself who loved the Fairmont Pac Rim...
http://www.usnews.com/info/blogs/press-room/2013/07/30/us-news-ranks-the-best-hotels-in-canada

#1 in the country!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »
Allright, so I'm going next week to YVR.

Read this whole thread.

Anything else I should keep in mind that's not in here.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »
Allright, so I'm going next week to YVR.

Read this whole thread.

Anything else I should keep in mind that's not in here.

Yep. CX 889 doesn't get in at 11:30 PM. It gets in 12:30 AM :)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »
Yep. CX 889 doesn't get in at 11:30 PM. It gets in 12:30 AM :)

And when i took it we got in at 3:15am. We were delayed and boarding didn't start till about 12:45.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
And now we're delayed 35 mins.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »
And now we're delayed 35 mins.

By us they blamed it all on the airport for not giving them a gate when the plane landed.

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 12, 2013, 02:25:56 AM »
12 Hours in Vancouver - any suggestions on highlights?

Will everything be closed on Thanksgiving? Or do Canadians not celebrate?
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »
12 Hours in Vancouver - any suggestions on highlights?

Will everything be closed on Thanksgiving? Or do Canadians not celebrate?
LOL, thanksgiving was in October

Stanley park. Granville island. Maybe skiing on grouse mountain?

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
LOL, thanksgiving was in October

Stanley park. Granville island. Maybe skiing on grouse mountain?

Sounds great. How would you partition the time? I have 12 hours from landing to takeoff.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2013, 11:25:01 AM »
Sounds great. How would you partition the time? I have 12 hours from landing to takeoff.
Maybe an hour-1:30 granville island. An hour at Stanley park (it's gonna be cold). Rest of time @ grouse. I assume you'll rent a car?

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »
Maybe an hour-1:30 granville island. An hour at Stanley park (it's gonna be cold). Rest of time @ grouse. I assume you'll rent a car?

Yes, with no hotel, I would need a place to keep my stuff.

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »
Sounds like there's there's so much to do and so little time to do it in!

I crammed this in on the way home from LAX to experience CX F, and hopefully there's more to do here on 11/28 than in LA.

My flight lands 9:49, and my flight out is the CX 888 9:50 PM

I'd like to get in as much of these as possible:

1) Grouse Mountain - Cable car, Zip line
2) Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
3) Granville Island
4) Maple Grill Dinner & Pickup food for flight
5) Stanley Park

How far through the list can I get? I will need to be pretty well coordinated to pull this off, so help is greatly appreciated.

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:58 PM »
Sounds like there's there's so much to do and so little time to do it in!

I crammed this in on the way home from LAX to experience CX F, and hopefully there's more to do here on 11/28 than in LA.

My flight lands 9:49, and my flight out is the CX 888 9:50 PM

I'd like to get in as much of these as possible:

1) Grouse Mountain - Cable car, Zip line
2) Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
3) Granville Island
4) Maple Grill Dinner & Pickup food for flight
5) Stanley Park

How far through the list can I get? I will need to be pretty well coordinated to pull this off, so help is greatly appreciated.
First of all Congrats, I'm doing the same thing for the way home to NYC.

Second, Sadly I don't think you are going to be able to cram that all in with such a short time span.

By the time you get off the plane, clear customs, luggage and pick up your car will probably be around an hour or so (you traveling with a kid?).

Vancouver on a regular day has tons of traffic not sure what's going to be on Thanksgiving.

I would definitely first hit up Grouse mountain (Lumber jack show is hilarious) and watch some shows or do some activities depending if you have a kid or not.

I didn't go to Granville Island, but you won't have time to do Stanley Park, Granville, and Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge.

I would stick to the Lynn Canyon Suspension Brie and if you have time on the way back you can stop by Stanley Park.

I would leave Maple Grill for the last stop and head out straight from there to the airport.

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »
First of all Congrats, I'm doing the same thing for the way home to NYC.

Second, Sadly I don't think you are going to be able to cram that all in with such a short time span.

By the time you get off the plane, clear customs, luggage and pick up your car will probably be around an hour or so (you traveling with a kid?).

Vancouver on a regular day has tons of traffic not sure what's going to be on Thanksgiving.

I would definitely first hit up Grouse mountain (Lumber jack show is hilarious) and watch some shows or do some activities depending if you have a kid or not.

I didn't go to Granville Island, but you won't have time to do Stanley Park, Granville, and Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge.

I would stick to the Lynn Canyon Suspension Brie and if you have time on the way back you can stop by Stanley Park.

I would leave Maple Grill for the last stop and head out straight from there to the airport.

Thanks. Do you think 1 hour before the flight is enough time if I'm flying F or C? What's security like at YVR?

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
Thanks. Do you think 1 hour before the flight is enough time if I'm flying F or C?
1 hour should be good.

Besides, the lounge there is nothing exciting.

Probably better of in the AC lounge via PP.