Author Topic: FBI raids jewish college  (Read 16992 times)

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: FBI raids jewish college
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2015, 02:17:17 PM »
Your point about Shulchan Aruch harav is taken and i correct it.  second your "link" is not a hyperlink.

I find it very shocking that after this forum has been witness to fabricating CC forums and other countless forms of fraud and even more so "grey" lines in regard to company policy's , MS and many more. Is now on a high horse when similar practice is under investigation .

I corrected myself... The forum does not embrace illegal practice .

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2015, 02:17:52 PM »
I corrected myself... The forum does not embrace illegal/assur practice .

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
Write your own words ... dont misuse mine!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2015, 02:23:02 PM »
Your point about Shulchan Aruch harav is taken and i correct it.  second your "link" is not a hyperlink.

I find it very shocking that after this forum has been witness to fabricating CC forums and other countless forms of fraud and even more so "grey" lines in regard to company policy's , MS and many more. Is now on a high horse when similar practice is under investigation .

That's because
People will abuse whatever they hold dear to justify whatever they do.
And people really want that first class suite.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
My bad.
http://www.chabadlibrary.org/books/default.aspx?furl=/adhaz/sh

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2015, 03:20:57 PM »
I'll just point out that even if the scenarios being discussed (providing false information to the government to receive money that - by law - you don't deserve, or to avoid paying the government money that - by law - you owe) don't fall under the category of genaiva or gezaila, they would still be assur because of dina d'malchusa dina. Sources have already been quoted in this thread to reinforce that point. Sources to the contrary have not.
please provide a source which states that lying to actively get the government to give their money to you on a false premise is equivalent to using a false premise to prevent them from taking money from you and that it is not considered stealing in halacha. Even if tax evasion is not considered stealing this is a step further.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »
please provide a source which states that lying to actively get the government to give their money to you on a false premise is equivalent to using a false premise to prevent them from taking money from you and that it is not considered stealing in halacha. Even if tax evasion is not considered stealing this is a step further.
What is the lie here? They do give courses...

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »
Lol, I literally didn't say a single one of those things. I was just pointing out that both of those scenarios (the first would be represented by the allegations in this MJI story and the second by anything you misrepresent on your tax return to pay less taxes) are against US law in one form or another. Therefore even if they aren't gezel (not saying they aren't, just avoiding that question for the moment) they'd still have to face the hurdle of dina d'malchusa dina. I actually said they'd be asur, but you may be able to find certain scenarios that are mutar according to some shitos, so I'll step backward from the generalization.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:05 PM »
Its a great thing to take that money!
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »
Lol, I literally didn't say a single one of those things. I was just pointing out that both of those scenarios (the first would be represented by the allegations in this MJI story and the second by anything you misrepresent on your tax return to pay less taxes) are against US law in one form or another. Therefore even if they aren't gezel (not saying they aren't, just avoiding that question for the moment) they'd still have to face the hurdle of dina d'malchusa dina. I actually said they'd be asur, but you may be able to find certain scenarios that are mutar according to some shitos, so I'll step backward from the generalization.
You are right. Sorry. I saw them as equivalent in other posts and I quoted the wrong one.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2015, 03:51:52 PM »
טו וכל זה שהמוכס הוא גזלן במוכס נכריקצג או אפילו ישראל אלא שעמד מאליוקצד שלא מחמת המלךקצה או אפילו מחמת המלך אלא שאין לו קצבהקצו שלוקח מה שירצה הואקצז.

אבל מכס שפסק אותו המלך ליטול דבר קצוב והעמיד מוכס ישראל לגבותו למלך ונודע שאדם זה נאמן ואינו מוסיף כלום על מה שגזר המלך אינו בחזקת גזלןקצח לפי שדין המלכות דיןקצט מפני שכל הארץ למלך הואר ובידו לגזור שלא יהנה אדם מארצו אלא מדעתו שיתן קצבתורא וכן השר בעיירות שלורב (או של המלך ונתנן לו במתנהרג). לפיכך המבריח ממכס זה עובר על לא תגזולרד מפני שהוא גוזל את המלך בין שהוא מלך ישראל בין מלך נכרירה.

(שאף שמותר להפקיע חובו שחייב לנכרי מכבררו זה אינו כמפקיע חובו אלא גוזל ממש שנהנה מארצו שלא מדעתו (י) ומחסרו ממוןרז שהרי היה יכול למכור הנאה זו של משא ומתן בארצו לאיש אחר. ועוד שהמלך מוחזק הוא במה שמגיע לו מעבדיורח הואיל והסכימו עליו בני אותה הארץ וסמכה דעתם שהוא אדוניהם והם עבדים לורט וכל אשר להם משועבד לעבודתו לפיכך כל הסחורה שמגיע ממנה המכס משועבדת למלך ליטול הימנה מכס וכאילו היא ברשותו ממשרי כיון שהוא בארצו ואצל עבדו והמבריחה גוזל מנת המלך שבה מרשות המלך).

ויש חולקין על זהריא ומתירים להבריח המכס אף על פי שממונה עליו ישראל נאמן כיון שגובה למלך נכרי. ואם הממונה יודע בהברחתו אינו רשאי לכופו ליתן המכס הואיל ומן הדין יכול הוא להפקיע חוב הנכריריב. ואם יש בזה משום יראת המלך יכול לכופוריג.

וירא שמים יחמיר לעצמו כסברא הראשונה שלא לעבור על לא תעשה שבתורה.

ואם ישראל קנה המכס לעצמו מן המלךריד לדברי הכל אסור להבריח מן התורה שהרי גוזל את הישראל. אבל אם קנאו נכרי מותר לדברי הכל אפילו ידוע שאינו מוסיף כלום על קצבת המלך שהרי אינו גוזל את המלך אלא מפקיע חובו שחייב להנכרירטו (לפי שאין המלך יכול למכור לו חזקתו שהוא מוחזק במכס זהרטז כי חזקתו היא מחמת גופו שהוא מלך וכל הארץ שלו ועבדיו וכל אשר להם משועבדים לוריז דבר זה אינו יכול למכור כי רק אותו לבדו קבלו למלך עליהם ואינו יכול למכור רק הדין ממון שיש לו עליהם וממון זה שם חוב עליו בלבד):

טז וכשקנאו ישראל אפילו נודע שלוקח יותר מקצבת המלך והרי הוא גזלן אסור להבריח ממנו מה שמגיע לו על פי קצבת המלךריח אלא המותר כגון אם נוטל שליש יותר על קצבת המלך לא יבריח ממנו אלא שליש הסחורהריט שאסור לגזול מן הגזלןרכ וכשמבריח קצבת המלך גזל גמור הוא.

אבל (יא) אם לא קנאו מן המלך אלא שהוא ממונה למלך לגבות ונודע שמוסיף על קצבתו לעצמורכא וכן ממונה מוכס נכרי שסתמו הוא מוסיף לעצמורכב מותר להבריח ממנו כל המכס שכולו גזלרכג שהרי המכס אינו חוב כלל אלא מחמת דין המלכות וכיון שמכס זה נגבה למלך שלא בדין המלכות שהרי נוטל יותר מקצבת המלכות הרי כל גבייה זו גזל גמור הוא הואיל ונגבית על ידי שליח המלך שלא בדין המלכות ששליח המלך כמלךרכד והמלך שנוטל שלא כדין המלכות כגון שהעמיד מכס שאין לו קצבהרכה הרי זה גזל כמו שנתבאר למעלהרכו ואף זה שנוטל יותר מקצבת המלכות הרי זה כמכס שאין לו קצבהרכז.

מה שאין כן ישראל שקנה המכס וגובהו לעצמו ואינו שליח המלך כלל אין הוספתו שהוא מוסיף לגזול מגרעת חלק המלך כלל אלא חלק המלך מגיע למלך והמלך מכרו לישראל זה ואין חלק המלך נגרע מחמת ישראל זה שגובה יותר מחלקו שקצב לו המלך הואיל ואין למלך בגבייה זו כלום כי כבר נסתלק כשמכר קצבתו הראויה לו בדין המלכות לישראל זה והרי היתה מכירה נקיה שאין בה גזל וישראל הלוקח זכה במקחו בדין המלכות לגבות לו חוב המכס שחייבים בני המדינה ונעשה כבעל חוב אחר שנעשה גזלן וגובה יותר מחובו שאין רשאים לגזול ממנו חוב שחייבים לו

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to review... whats market in bold will help you see the defanition of Dina demalchusa Dina

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »
Was just posting the link.
http://www.chabadlibrary.org/books/default.aspx?furl=/adhaz/sh/sh6/9/1/15
Falls woefully short of what you've implied. If I have time later I'll write it up.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »
You are right. Sorry. I saw them as equivalent in other posts and I quoted the wrong one.
Happens to be that their are possible shitos in each sugya that would make the fraud to avoid paying more likely to be asur than the fraud to gain money.

Also, as far as the question of whether it's actual gneiva/gzeila or some other issur, the Shulchan Aruch Harav quoted above says it's actual gezel (ADG's pathetic attempt at being midayek in his lashon notwithstanding).

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2015, 04:04:44 PM »
Happens to be that their are possible shitos in each sugya that would make the fraud to avoid paying more likely to be asur than the fraud to gain money.

Also, as far as the question of whether it's actual gneiva/gzeila or some other issur, the Shulchan Aruch Harav quoted above says it's actual gezel (ADG's pathetic attempt at being midayek in his lashon notwithstanding).

It is clearly stating the definition of a king and the qualification of when DDD is applied. absolutely no diukim ... Just BTW you can come to my house and take my Dayanus certification off the wall after you go to the 2 mara deasras of huge cites (who gave it to me ) and take theirs off too... but first you should go to the person who taught you how to read and understand and verify his credentials

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »

Just BTW you can come to my house and take my Dayanus certification off the wall
My pleasure. PM me your address

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »
Just BTW you can come to my house and take my Dayanus certification off the wall
POIDH

Offline dealfinder85

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »

Offline Aaaron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »
It is clearly stating the definition of a king and the qualification of when DDD is applied. absolutely no diukim ... Just BTW you can come to my house and take my Dayanus certification off the wall after you go to the 2 mara deasras of huge cites (who gave it to me ) and take theirs off too... but first you should go to the person who taught you how to read and understand and verify his credentials

Just to clarify your opinion, Rabbi, it is completely halachically permissible to cheat on your taxes and/or commit fraud to cheat the gov't?  Do I have that right?