Author Topic: Survey earns brownie points?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Survey earns brownie points?
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »
I recently got an email from a credit card company with a survey link asking me to provide feedback about a recent contact I had with them.
To say the truth, I was extremely pleased with their recent response to my issue, so I took the survey and answered excellent for all their (3) questions.
Does anyone think that this information is somewhere stored, possible placing the customer in a better position in the eyes of the credit card company, benefiting the customer in future instances?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Survey earns brownie points?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
I recently got an email from a credit card company with a survey link asking me to provide feedback about a recent contact I had with them.
To say the truth, I was extremely pleased with their recent response to my issue, so I took the survey and answered excellent for all their (3) questions.
Does anyone think that this information is somewhere stored, possible placing the customer in a better position in the eyes of the credit card company, benefiting the customer in future instances?

Doubtful. If anything they look for unhappy customers to try and resolve their issues.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
Many times these surveys say that they wont include any personal info etc.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
Also, does anyone think you can get treated better during a phonecall with customer service if you choose the option to "complete a brief survey after the call"?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »
Also, does anyone think you can get treated better during a phonecall with customer service if you choose the option to "complete a brief survey after the call"?

Perhaps, hard to know if they can tell what you chose. Probably varies by company.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »
Would be very surprised if the CSR knows that info . It would defeat the perpose as you very well pointed out.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
Would be very surprised if the CSR knows that info . It would defeat the perpose as you very well pointed out.
Not necessarily, I didn't mean it as defeating the purpose. In my opinion, "the purpose" is that the customer should ultimately get treated well, so if that will make the CSR behave during the phonecall, then great.

Offline Driven

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »

Doubt the rep would know what you selected, but more importantly do they even go through and analyze all those surveys, or are they there for a customer to vent after getting bad service and not clogging up their lines after a bad experience?