Author Topic: SPAM Calls - Any solutions?  (Read 254 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
SPAM Calls - Any solutions?
« on: June 02, 2024, 03:02:35 AM »
For months, I have been receiving spam calls about loan applications every day. Every call is from another number, so it does not help to block individual callers. I have the free version of Call Filter and recently increased the setting to "all risk level." I know that this can block even legit calls—I already missed an important call that was not in my contacts—but this is soooo annoying! I need some relief from this.

A couple of days ago, I changed the setting on the app to disallow potential SPAM from leaving voicemails, but this feature is not working. Despite labeling these calls as SPAM or potential SPAM, it is not blocking them from leaving voicemails. Every day, I have to delete 3/4 voicemails from the same spammer.

Anyone have a similar experience? Are there any solutions out there? Does the paid version of Call Fiter do a better job?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 03:18:28 AM by Thingywingy »
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Online lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM Calls - Any solutions?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 09:16:03 AM »
I don't know if you are ready to change phones, but pixel call screener does the job well for me.
It asks the caller what they want, and only rings you if it thinks it's legit, and you can see the transcript before you answer.

Offline madhocker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 09:21:13 AM »
Register with the the Do Not Call list. It will mitigate the problem considerably for a few months. After that, you will have to register again...

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2024, 09:38:59 AM »
America 2024 - never woulve thought i'd be harrassed by chinese callers every day or 2

Offline HudZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2024, 09:40:13 AM »
You can try calling your service provider. Sometimes they can put some sort of scam protection on the phone number. Not sure how effective it is, but it's worth a try.
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2024, 01:10:07 PM »
I don't know if you are ready to change phones, but pixel call screener does the job well for me.
It asks the caller what they want, and only rings you if it thinks it's legit, and you can see the transcript before you answer.
I already have all unknown callers silenced. The problem is that they don't stop leaving voicemails.
Register with the the Do Not Call list. It will mitigate the problem considerably for a few months. After that, you will have to register again...
Did that many months ago. Not stopping these calls. Thanks.
You can try calling your service provider. Sometimes they can put some sort of scam protection on the phone number. Not sure how effective it is, but it's worth a try.
Have you (or anyone else) had this added by Verizon? What specifically should I be asking for?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Online lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2024, 01:37:21 PM »

I already have all unknown callers silenced. The problem is that they don't stop leaving voicemails.

It doesn't let them leave a voicemail, just asks them if they want to leave anything in the transcript of the call

Offline HudZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2024, 03:40:12 PM »
Have you (or anyone else) had this added by Verizon? What specifically should I be asking for?
It was a brother of mine who was having the issue. He has T-Mobile, not Verizon. He asked them if they can put on some sort of spam call protection on his phone number, as he was getting a lot of bogus calls... And T-Mobile said they had something they were able to put on... And after that, it got a lot better. It can't hurt to try asking Verizon.
אין עוד מלבדו