Author Topic: Elections 2012  (Read 151461 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Elections 2012
« Reply #760 on: November 07, 2012, 02:38:04 AM »
Um yes. You hear about two hit pot? Some even claim there was one hit pot but never seen it in my lifetime unless it was Thai stick.
Sorry you lost me. Must be using old man lingo again :P

Either way, what is your opinion on it being legal?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #761 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:51 AM »
I firmly believe Obama is better for Israel.
+1
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 07, 2012, 02:41:06 AM »

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 07, 2012, 02:42:17 AM »
Either way, what is your opinion on it being legal?
I have no problem with it being legal but they have to regulate the potency of it. Coming from someone who abused alcohol and pot in my younger days I would have to say pot is the lesser of the two evils.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Cbs

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #764 on: November 07, 2012, 02:47:56 AM »
ETA- personally I never touched the stuff, just think it's silly its illegal.
+1

Um no. When I used to live in Cali. I was friends with a guy who owned a weed shop, he slow cooked the weed to make the most potent brownies. See here http://www.rollitup.org/cooking-cannabis/108609-crock-pot-way-go.html So cholent would be the same idea...
Yoo hook it up! ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #765 on: November 07, 2012, 02:48:52 AM »
Wow, the NBC guys on TV are all planning a "DO" in CO this weekend :D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #766 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:17 AM »
I have no problem with it being legal but they have to regulate the potency of it. Coming from someone who abused alcohol and pot in my younger days I would have to say pot is the lesser of the two evils.
Agreed. They especially have to be even stricter with underage use. The studies I've read with adults over 21 smoking weed and kids under 18 smoking up is not even comparable to the permanent damage it does to an undeveloped brain. I just hope kids can be smart and adults smarter to regulate and watch out for kids. I think weed could be worse for kids that alcohol, because a 14 year old would smoke weed every day before getting drunk every day IME...
Wow, the NBC guys on TV are all planning a "DO" in CO this weekend :D
LOL!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 07, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »
Was there even a single poll in the past 2 months that predicted Obama winning by less than 90 electoral votes?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:07 AM »
Was there even a single poll in the past 2 months that predicted Obama winning by less more than 90 electoral votes?
ftfy

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 07, 2012, 04:24:14 AM »
ftfy
ok, example? All the polls I saw even the ones in the jewish papers showed Obama by 100 or so. So which ones predicted less? Fox News, CNN, AP all showed more.

Comments like urs prove how lacking our education system is. Obamas slogan this term should be: "Better education - ppl thought Romney had a shot"

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »
ok, example? All the polls I saw even the ones in the jewish papers showed Obama by 100 or so. So which ones predicted less? Fox News, CNN, AP all showed more.

Comments like urs prove how lacking our education system is. Obamas slogan this term should be: "Better education - ppl thought Romney had a shot"

68 electoral votes that went to Obama were decided by a margin within the sampling error of the typical polls. All the polls that I've seen had plenty of swing states within the sampling error (and therefore efectively a dead heat). Does that mean that Romney was likely to win all of the tight races? Of course not. But to say he didn't stand a chance based on the polls is patently untrue. This does not even take into account the fact that people are more lilely to say the more politically correct thing on the phone and vote their gut in the booth.

Obviously none of this matters any more...Hello Canada!

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #771 on: November 07, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »
...and as my favorite webcomic put it:

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #772 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:39 AM »
Here is Donald Duck Trump's take on the matter (He deleted it but thankfully someone saved it for posterity)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #773 on: November 07, 2012, 08:24:46 AM »
@PlatinumGuy
I know you already went to work, but....

What was Osama Bin Laden if not a millionaire? And with all his wealth he was still a extremist and murder.
Well, I know he didn't blew himself up, but the money he had didn't cool down his extremism, he used that very money to finance terrorism.
Its not the bad economy that is the cause of Muslim extremism, its the Muslim extremism that causes a bad economy.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:55 AM »
for those from LA - and those who voted from abroad....your vote at least helped push this candidate through...

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/state-assembly/district/50/

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 07, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
I am a leftist.

Unless you want to throw 100 muslims into the ocean you're gonna have to find a way to coexist peacefully. No millionaire blew himself up in a terrorist attack. Stick people with 60% unemployment and you're asking for problems.

The PlatinumGuy solution to the mideast problems is sustained economic development. All this aid goes straight down the toilet. Give 'em jobs and soon enough you'll see border towns (like HK) develop to faciliate Israel-Palestine business. Prosperity is multiplied by sharing.

I think it is pretty much universally agreed that US-Israel security cooperation is tighter than ever before. Obama is crushing Iran. 60% inflation speaks a lot more than blown up nuclear plants, and definitely more than shattered Israeli planes (God forbid).

Under Obama the Arabs have more hope. Despair is the primary drive of terror.

I didn't mean to reply but got carried away. Gonna have to leave it here because I have work to do.

wow.. this thought process has somw merit but is incorrect.

Firstly, Lets say that the arab-israeli conflict is just about the economy as you say, meaning if both countries were prosperous, they can live together, and by crippling the economy (or the Iranian) we are hurting them more, rather than striking them. By striking them, you say that we are in actuality causing ourselves more harm, as we are fueling extremism.

But I agrue:
1. If we dont strike them, and the Iranians push forward and do come out with nuclear power, we lost everything that we are trying to accomplish. If we attack them and show them that they are not invinsible, then we cant talk with them afterwards. As everyone knows, the Iranians are soooo stubborn, that few believe they will ever back donw. Just like you see, their currency is 60% less, and still they press on

2. It's not an issue of 2 nations, it's actually arabs that are fueled by idealism and religion, and when you are dealing with religion, all common sense/interlect etc. is gone.

3. You can see from all the arabs, that they never talk about living in prosperity side by side, and looking for a bright future for themselves, it's all about taking back israel, to the last bit.

For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Sowhat

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 07, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
I am genuinely concerned about Obama's win.  As Obama's ego grows he will impliment more and more social and taxing policies.  He will make zero effort at true compromise. In his last two years he will be even more inflexible.  He truly thinks he is smarter than everyone else and listens to no one that disagrees with him.  I also believe that Rev Wright's teachings are not so far off his radar.  America is more than ever each for himself, with no regard for the outcome.

Please.  Someone disagree with me.  Maybe I will start a wind farm and get some of those millions in tax dollars.

Offline Sowhat

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 07, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »
And I also think  a big part of Obama's win lies at the feet of the tea party.  What have the accomplished over the last two years, as of today?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #778 on: November 07, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »
Odds that the SCOTUS won't shoot it down?

On what grounds??

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:07 AM »
The system we have is no where near perfect. If it was as bad as everyone says it is you would see many leaving this country. That isn’t going to happen.

what is the meaning of this comment?

It's a horrible happening, but there are no better places.

it's 2 separate things.
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com