Author Topic: US Covid Border Rules  (Read 806 times)

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
US Covid Border Rules
« on: October 25, 2021, 06:06:47 PM »
Does anyone know if a foreign/European covid passport will be acceptable proof for entry into the US according to the new rules?

Specifically, many countries only give ONE Pfizer/Moderna shot to people with prior infection/antibodies. Will that be good?

[I did not find another thread to post this. if there's one already, please move it there]

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Covid Border Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 08:54:24 PM »
Does anyone know if a foreign/European covid passport will be acceptable proof for entry into the US according to the new rules?

Specifically, many countries only give ONE Pfizer/Moderna shot to people with prior infection/antibodies. Will that be good?

[I did not find another thread to post this. if there's one already, please move it there]
If your coming over the southern border, than you shouldn't have a problem

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 08:37:51 AM »

According to the dry reading of the Order, you have to have the full dosage for the given vaccine https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order-safe-travel.html.

Since this will be left up to enforcement by the airlines, I'm sure there will be all sorts of stories of denied boarding, approved boarding that should have been denied, etc etc etc.

Keeping in mind that the US (as a government policy thing) doesn't have the concept of "recovered from covid".

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2101

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 02:39:04 PM »
https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/10/28/new-regulations-testing-requirements-concerning-upcoming-u-s-air-travel-from-november-8-2021/

I found this post to summarize very well the new rules going in effect November 8th.

The one thing that caught my attention, that  unvaccinated US citizens will be required a negative test within 24 hours, instead of 72 hours, as it was till now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 03:46:43 PM by ah giten »