Author Topic: Recall on Gold Medal Flour purchased from Amazon  (Read 890 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Recall on Gold Medal Flour purchased from Amazon
« on: April 28, 2023, 04:55:16 PM »
I just got an email from Amazon indicating "a potential safety issue regarding certain product(s)" and noting the gold Medal Bleached All Purpose Flour.

No specific information in the email about the safety issue, and no indication as to whether Amazon refunded the purchase price (which was all of $2.00, IIRC).

This deal was posted on DD a few times in the past few weeks.

For more details on what you should do, please contact General Mills at 1 800 230 8103.

Why should I be the one to have to pick up the phone??? Has anyone called yet?

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Recall on Gold Medal Flour purchased from Amazon
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 04:58:38 PM »
I just got an email from Amazon indicating "a potential safety issue regarding certain product(s)" and noting the gold Medal Bleached All Purpose Flour.

No specific information in the email about the safety issue, and no indication as to whether Amazon refunded the purchase price (which was all of $2.00, IIRC).

This deal was posted on DD a few times in the past few weeks.

For more details on what you should do, please contact General Mills at 1 800 230 8103.

Why should I be the one to have to pick up the phone??? Has anyone called yet?
when you do call, please post so the rest of us know. Thanks!

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Re: Recall on Gold Medal Flour purchased from Amazon
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 09:12:42 PM »
https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/general-mills-recalls-four-gold-medal-unbleached-and-bleached-all-purpose-flour-varieties-dated

"General Mills today announced a voluntary national recall of two-, five- and 10-pound bags of its Gold Medal Unbleached and Bleached All Purpose Flour with a “better if used by” date of March 27, 2024, and March 28, 2024. The recall is being issued for the potential presence of Salmonella Infantis,which was discovered during sampling of the five-pound bag product."