Author Topic: CitiBank 20,000 AA Checking Offer  (Read 74128 times)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: CitiBank 20,000 AA Checking Offer
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
I see now you wrote 4 times. I guess that might do it.

Once a month over 4 months.

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
I see the "EZ checking" needs a $1500 min balance, but the terms seem to indicate you need a "Citibank regular checking account" which i thought needed a minimum of $6k. Dan mentioned above that the minimum was $1500 to avoid fees. Is that no longer the case?

OK, I finally got the answer to my question- 8 months later! The Citi ez-checking account does qualify for this offer. I just got my first posting of 10k miles. So you only need 1.5k and not 6k to avoid fees and get this offer.

The sick thing is that in my case (and from what I read on FT) almost everyone else- you need to fight citi to get the points. Meaning they almost never post like they should. If this is intentional by citi it's pretty bad business.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 12:18:38 AM »
OK, I finally got the answer to my question- 8 months later! The Citi ez-checking account does qualify for this offer. I just got my first posting of 10k miles. So you only need 1.5k and not 6k to avoid fees and get this offer.

The sick thing is that in my case (and from what I read on FT) almost everyone else- you need to fight citi to get the points. Meaning they almost never post like they should. If this is intentional by citi it's pretty bad business.

Interesting. I was told explicitly and multiple times that it does not qualify. maybe this particular promo is different than the one i did.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 11:55:06 AM »
Can anyone confirm about how long it realistically takes for Citibank to post the AA miles after completing these kinds of offers.

its been about 60 days since i completed the requirements for and the T&C seem to say within 90 days.
I though i did the requirements correctly but after looking back, i saw something that they may decide to interpret a different way. Im wondering if im going to have to put up a fight

Offline ygift

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
im not understanding this deal. can I fund a check acct with a credit card and get the points as a regular charge and not as a cash advance?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »
im not understanding this deal. can I fund a check acct with a credit card and get the points as a regular charge and not as a cash advance?

YMMV. You're definitely taking a risk. If you don't want to risk getting charged a cash advance fee then you can fund more than your cash advance limit (if it goes through as a CA it will fail, since it's over the limit), though you are risking CC account closure. Do a search on this site for more details.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
Can anyone confirm about how long it realistically takes for Citibank to post the AA miles after completing these kinds of offers.

Oh! I can!

I opened it on Sept 12th. Completed all requirements by my statement that closed around Oct 18th. Miles posted today!

Does anyone know if i need to keep the account open for any more time or if i can close it now that the miles posted?

Offline Devorah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »
Oh! I can!

I opened it on Sept 12th. Completed all requirements by my statement that closed around Oct 18th. Miles posted today!

Does anyone know if i need to keep the account open for any more time or if i can close it now that the miles posted?

Did you open up the regular of e-z checkign?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »
Did you open up the regular of e-z checkign?
Regular. I did the offer i attached in this post: http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=1622.0;message=37587

Offline ?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »
i saw this offer on ft can anyone confirm that i am reading it correctly and that if i open a citibank checking account using the promo

Upto 30,000 AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account
Summary:

- Open a new Citigold account, get 30k AA miles ($500 minimum opening deposit)

OR

- Open a new The Citibank account, get 25k AA miles

Then complete certain qualifying activities: Within 60 days of account opening, you must begin performing at least one (1) direct deposit to, or at least two (2) electronic bill payments from the checking account or five (5) or more debit card purchases from, the checking account each month for two (2) consecutive months.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To sign up, go to offer.citibank.com and enter offer code: C25A

Offer expires 2/28/11.

Offline netzih

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »
Does it have to be the gold or the citi checking or can it be the basic checking?

Offline mordylich

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »
There are restrictions- see the Promotion Disclosures link on the left side of the page.  It includes the following:

This offer is available to CitiŽ/AAdvantageŽ cardmembers who receive this communication. Offer is not valid for existing Citibank checking customers. One offer per customer only.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
Is this deal still alive? I'm looking for a new bank because i'm done with chase

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »
just got the answer to my own question
offer is still available but requires a minimum $6000 balance to avoid fees
wayyy too much of a pain... oh well

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
Is this deal still alive? I'm looking for a new bank because i'm done with chase

I don't think you'll be happier with Chase. While a smaller bank will have less branches, they'll give you more personal attention as a customer.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
I don't think you'll be happier with Chase. While a smaller bank will have less branches, they'll give you more personal attention as a customer.
Truth is, I dont really need personal attention i just simply want to open an account with a good incentive (preferably miles?)

Offline Yisrael

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 08:18:22 PM »
It's still worth opening.  They waive the fees for the first month.  I deposited $100 in the account.  Did the required transactions, i.e. made two direct payments to two of my credit cards for $1.00 each and then switched the account to a fee free one.  The fee which you would get charged for not having 6000 is $15.00 however you can ask for a second month free which they gave me.  All in all worth it for 20,000 aa miles even if it does cost $15.00

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
It's still worth opening.  They waive the fees for the first month.  I deposited $100 in the account.  Did the required transactions, i.e. made two direct payments to two of my credit cards for $1.00 each and then switched the account to a fee free one.  The fee which you would get charged for not having 6000 is $15.00 however you can ask for a second month free which they gave me.  All in all worth it for 20,000 aa miles even if it does cost $15.00
So i am still eligible for the miles if i downgrade to a fee free account???
did you get your miles yet?

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2011, 01:17:40 AM »
So i am still eligible for the miles if i downgrade to a fee free account???
did you get your miles yet?
Citi is known for their procrastination when it comes to the miles for checking accounts.

If you can't keep the minimum balance it may cost you with the fees. If you downgrade there is a big chance you wont get the miles, especially if they don't post automatically and you have to call and need to fight.