Author Topic: FYI - Hertz plain Gold, terminal drop off @ EWR upgrade to Volvo S80 @ YVR  (Read 2471 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Two incidents that happened to me last week -

Was at YVR, walked into Avis, saw a Chairman getting a Lincoln SUV. My Hertz #1 club Gold reservation was automatically upgraded to a Volvo S80.

Dropped off a Mercedes at EWR, guy recognized me from an earlier rental. Had a lot of luggage and was immediately offered someone to drive me to the airport. After the guy drove me I inquired and was told they do it whenever a customer is in a rush to the terminal. (I'm not responsible for the CH if they notice you're actually departing in 3 hours)

Now to help me, anyone have experience claiming USAA insurance on a Hertz Rental? Do NY rentals come with minimum insurance?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:18:19 PM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline moish

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
where did you get the mercedes?

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Two incidents that happened to me last week -

Was at YVR, walked into Avis, saw a Chairman getting a Lincoln SUV. My Hertz #1 club Gold reservation was automatically upgraded to a Volvo S80.

I'm confused.  What does your hertz status and Hertz reservation have anything to do with the avis chairman renting an SUV??

Offline SGF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
I'm confused.  What does your hertz status and Hertz reservation have anything to do with the avis chairman renting an SUV??
+1

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
where did you get the mercedes?
I payed $30 for an upgrade at LGA. It was on top of a $100 rental. I know all the sA tricks etc but nothing worked.
Pointing out hertz was better than Avis in YVR, for future reference.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lou Bob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I payed $30 for an upgrade at LGA. It was on top of a $100 rental. I know all the sA tricks etc but nothing worked.Pointing out hertz was better than Avis in YVR, for future reference.
I got the same offer to upgrade there. I used a free day rental and they offered me the Camaro or the Mercedes each for $30. Supposedly it was a special for that day but I guess not...(SUV they offered for $65-75)
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
Pointing out hertz was better than Avis in YVR, for future reference.
what makes it better. maybe the guy likes the licoln suv. and it doesnt even make sense that they gave u an s80. thats not a normal upgrade

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
It was a mercedes SUV. I bargained the UG down from 70 IIRC.

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
Dropped off a Mercedes at EWR, guy recognized me from an earlier rental. Had a lot of luggage and was immediately offered someone to drive me to the airport. After the guy drove me I inquired and was told they do it whenever a customer is in a rush to the terminal. (I'm not responsible for the CH if they notice you're actually departing in 3 hours)
they charged me 25 for that in mia. im gonna call and get my money back bec when i asked they told me 25 so i said forget it. the guy hesitated and said ok and told someone to drive me