Author Topic: British Airways 100,000 bonus coming back  (Read 110901 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: British Airways 100,000 bonus coming back
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »
Did anyone here get the card yet? Ive been pushing off large purchases so i can put them on my card and wondering how soon i can expect it
If you're approved just call to have it expedited.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »
If you're approved just call to have it expedited.
Probably should have done that last week...got approved on the 6th...there are some purchases i need to make by tomorrow and i keep pushing them off. I really hope the card comes tomorrow

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2011, 01:23:21 AM »
They shut down existing accounts due to inquires? :O
YEAH!! It was so crazy, one day all of the sudden all of my CC accounts were shut down. It was a huge hassle to get them up and running again, and it was imperative to me because they were my oldest accounts so i needed them for CC history etc. Finally i found out that they randomly checked my CR (hard pull?!) and they shut me down for too many inquiries and i was a "credit risk" (even though i always pay on time and never have big balances etc....)
So now im dying to get in on 100k this offer but im freaked out about my past experiences with chase...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2011, 03:07:48 AM »
YEAH!! It was so crazy, one day all of the sudden all of my CC accounts were shut down. It was a huge hassle to get them up and running again, and it was imperative to me because they were my oldest accounts so i needed them for CC history etc. Finally i found out that they randomly checked my CR (hard pull?!) and they shut me down for too many inquiries and i was a "credit risk" (even though i always pay on time and never have big balances etc....)
So now im dying to get in on 100k this offer but im freaked out about my past experiences with chase...

Hard pulls are only when a creditor considers you're applying for (additional) credit, such as a new card or credit line increase. If you currently have credit with a card issuer, they periodically pull your credit for precisely this reason. It doesn't count as a hard pull. During the recent credit crisis there banks were doing something called 'universal default' where if you had late payments with another card issuer they would raise your interest rates claiming you're a higher risk (even if you never paid late with them). They were able to check this by periodically reviewing account-holders' credit reports.

DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
Probably should have done that last week...got approved on the 6th...there are some purchases i need to make by tomorrow and i keep pushing them off. I really hope the card comes tomorrow
I called to get it expedited , and they told me since I wasnt approved right away and they had to move around some stuff it didnt clear the system. I was hoping to have it before I leave for Y"T to start spending . Could I get them to send it to a different address.

Offline Cholentfresser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
I think your first card needs to be sent to your primary address. replacement cards can be sent elsewhere.
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
I think your first card needs to be sent to your primary address. replacement cards can be sent elsewhere.
I figured , actually got on the phone and called instead of being lazy and they said it could only be sent to your verified address

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2011, 02:29:31 PM »

I figured , actually got on the phone and called instead of being lazy and they said it could only be sent to your verified address

Six years ago Amex helped me get around it. The CS lady herself told me that if I claim I received the cards and lost them, then cards can be expedited to any address.

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
Applied and got the "we will let you know answer" so I called and they said that it has passed underwriting but when they have a partner card it needs some further processing and was sent along --they wouldn't tell me what that was for. The only thing I can think of is that they need an account opened since we didn't have a BA account and left that part of the application blank.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »
Applied and got the nullwe will let you know answernull so I called and they said that it has passed underwriting but when they have a partner card it needs some further processing and was sent along --they wouldn't tell me what that was for. The only thing I can think of is that they need an account opened since we didn't have a BA account and left that part of the application blank.

Yup, they just told me the same thing regarding my Hyatt/United applications.

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »
Yup, they just told me the same thing regarding my Hyatt/United applications.

Sounds like you didn't get instant approval and yet applied for two?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »
Sounds like you didn't get instant approval and yet applied for two?

See my recent posts in the CO 50k thread. I did a triple app (three browser trick) and by some miracle (and lots of persistence), got two approved.

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »
See my recent posts in the CO 50k thread. I did a triple app (three browser trick) and by some miracle (and lots of persistence), got two approved.
I'm having issues now with this card and another I applied for... Do you have any advise, like what to say? Or how often to call and wait between calling?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »
I'm having issues now with this card and another I applied for... Do you have any advise, like what to say? Or how often to call and wait between calling?

What credit bureau did Chase pull from? How many inquiries do you have with them? When did those inquiries happen? Which two cards did you apply for? What other cards/lines of credit do you currently have open with Chase?

Offline elig770

• View Profile
Re: Re: British Airways 100,000 bonus coming back
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
What credit bureau did Chase pull from? How many inquiries do you have with them? When did those inquiries happen? Which two cards did you apply for? What other cards/lines of credit do you currently have open with Chase?
They pulled from Experian, I had 6 in the past 12 months only on Experian and 11 in the past 2 years. I applied for the BA 100K and United 50K (I got in the mail), and I currently have the Onepass card with Chase opened in Feb. with a $12,000 credit line.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »
They pulled from Experian, I had 6 in the past 12 months only on Experian and 11 in the past 2 years. I applied for the BA 100K and United 50K (I got in the mail), and I currently have the Onepass card with Chase opened in Feb. with a $12,000 credit line.

Try calling both numbers, I don't think the wait is important. Mention that you're willing to split the $12k credit line of the CO to get those other cards approved, and that you don't plan on changing your spending habits out your credit, you just signed up for the bonus promotions. Since they're all airline cards, you might have a harder time getting them both approved.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
I called to get it expedited , and they told me since I wasnt approved right away and they had to move around some stuff it didnt clear the system. I was hoping to have it before I leave for Y"T to start spending . Could I get them to send it to a different address.
u can i just called and complained cause they told me the cards would be sent out friday and they only sent them out yesterday. so they closed the account opened a new one and r sending the cards to where i will be for pesach

Offline elig770

• View Profile
Re: Re: British Airways 100,000 bonus coming back
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2011, 07:45:50 PM »
Try calling both numbers, I don't think the wait is important. Mention that you're willing to split the $12k credit line of the CO to get those other cards approved, and that you don't plan on changing your spending habits out your credit, you just signed up for the bonus promotions. Since they're all airline cards, you might have a harder time getting them both approved.
I'll try that... I called 3 times yesterday and didn't get anywhere, I called both numbers too. The 3rd call they told me you already called a few times and they can't help me...

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2011, 07:47:33 PM »
u can i just called and complained cause they told me the cards would be sent out friday and they only sent them out yesterday. so they closed the account opened a new one and r sending the cards to where i will be for pesach
Thanks will try

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »
with amex they expedited the cards and about a week later i got the originals.Maybe once they issue the original you can have the replacement sent out even before you get them