Author Topic: AMEX changing policy?  (Read 21940 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
AMEX changing policy?
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »
In July I applied for Plat and Business Rewards Gold.

Applied 5748 to Plat and 6608 to BRG a few days later in July.

Successfully got the 100k for the plat.

Called two days ago to have the 100k applied for the BRG and was told they'd post it in 48 hours.

Called back again today after it wasnt posted, and an MR supervisor said, "As of yesterday the policy has changed. MR can no longer post the points for matched or better offers. It has to be done through the 'correspondence department.'" (I think she means SM.)

I hemmed and hawwed to no avail. I mean, I tried everything and she stubbornly refused to apply the 100k points to my account saying they no longer had that discretion.

I just fired off an SM with my fingers crossed. (Ha, that sounds funny.)

I mean, I get the policy changed yesterday, but shouldn't I be grandfathered in? Unreal.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX changing policy?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:46:38 PM »
Unreal.

Why is this Unreal? These are targeted offers. Anything you get beyond the original offer is a gift from AMEX and completely undeserved.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
In July I applied for Plat and Business Rewards Gold.

Applied 5748 to Plat and 6608 to BRG a few days later in July.

Successfully got the 100k for the plat.

Called two days ago to have the 100k applied for the BRG and was told they'd post it in 48 hours.

Called back again today after it wasnt posted, and an MR supervisor said, "As of yesterday the policy has changed. MR can no longer post the points for matched or better offers. It has to be done through the 'correspondence department.'" (I think she means SM.)

I hemmed and hawwed to no avail. I mean, I tried everything and she stubbornly refused to apply the 100k points to my account saying they no longer had that discretion.

I just fired off an SM with my fingers crossed. (Ha, that sounds funny.)

I mean, I get the policy changed yesterday, but shouldn't I be grandfathered in? Unreal.
that's funny, i just messaged the online department and they said they no longer are allowed to give bonus offers and it has to be done through the mr phone department.          lol, great new way of avoiding giving out miles.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
Why is this Unreal? These are targeted offers. Anything you get beyond the original offer is a gift from AMEX and completely undeserved.

Ok Mr. Holier Than Thou, I asked for, and was promised, the bonus two months ago. If they had said then that I am not eligible blah blah blah, you'd be right. But once AMEX promises, they should deliver. Period.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »
I sent an SM about mine 24 hours ago, still no response, they are supposed to respond within 10 hours :(

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »
I sent an SM about mine 24 hours ago, still no response, they are supposed to respond within 10 hours :(
wouldn't worry about that, they take longer all the time.          but i'm hitting all kinds of brick walls trying to get bonus points posted today, if anyone's had any luck please speak up...

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
wouldn't worry about that, they take longer all the time.          but i'm hitting all kinds of brick walls trying to get bonus points posted today, if anyone's had any luck please speak up...
Got the same answer today from the MR department, and a very similar one from the SM department, telling me that they would love to help me but they lost access to the bonus ID's. very strange.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
Wow... could it finally be over? (Definitely contributed to, and exacerbated by, those shmucks that made this into a business.)

Also had brick walls today the likes of which I havent ever seen before from AMEX.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
So what should we do? I'd like to get my 100k Business Gold bonus since I waited the 2 months that they asked, and was promised by 3 different reps and team manager that I would get my bonus.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
Chase sucks hugely compared to Amex.
Amex is 100x better and more accommodating.

changing your opinion yet?   ;)

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
Well, if this is indeed true, I must say that this was inevitable, but it could have lasted a lot longer had it not been exploited by every blog on the net.

One thing I would recommend is to have an "exclusive" section on this forum, where people have to sign up and sign an agreement not to leak these kinds of deals. Deals that are in this forum would stay in the forum.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Wow... could it finally be over? (Definitely contributed to, and exacerbated by, those shmucks that made this into a business.)
those "shmucks"  are all over this forum, lol.                and slickdeals didn't help matters.   but the truth is, it's been all over for a long time now, and it's surprising it lasted as long as it did... could probably squeeze out a bit more at this point but it definitely seems to be coming to an end.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »
those "shmucks"  are all over this forum, lol.

So what makes someone a "shmuck" exactly according to you?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »
I just called MR and spoke to a supervisor and she told me no way even though a team manager said I was getting the bonus.

Any ideas?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »
AJK I think me and you are screwed buddy when it comes to promo 6608. They are saying it was for first time customers only.

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »
where have you been till now ?

i mean didnt you know the DAY will come.  like evrething there is a final here too !!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 06:26:47 PM »
where have you been till now ?

i mean didnt you know the DAY will come.  like evrething there is a final here too !!

Uhm, where have I been? I have been watching dozens of people get matched to better offers. Where have you been?

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
This has been going on for me for over 2 weeks already where they are refusing through a multitude of excuses to honor the match that they promised om prg.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline kishmich

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Priority Club + Hyatt - Platinum / Best Western - Diamond / HHonors + SPG - Gold
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
I got the runaround from them over the last 2 days, as well. MR via phone said to Secure Message, who told me to call MR direct. Just sent a shocked/appalled/dismayed message via SM. Will update with any results.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
Has anyone tried Social Media? They used to be pretty good resolving issues.