AJK's (very long) TR:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1573.msg150317#msg150317

Tzfas's TR:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1573.msg271358#msg271358

Yehoshua's TR:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=53999.msg1209038#msg1209038

Other TRs:
Yitzy93,
Moishy36, deals, chuchem, milechazzer, LAXtraveler, fdg9, ChAiM'l, rots5, Ergel, steve L, sy guy, waterpri, MC dvol
CGR

Map of Jewish Paris
Kosher Paris Map
Kosher List-July 2015 or Here.

RESTAURANTS (the best of)

There are hundreds of kosher restaurants in Paris.  The locals generally don't eat the meat under Beis Din as they don't require Glatt meat.  But they will eat everything else under Beis din.

Search for restaurants by cuisine and hashgocha here.

NameLocationMetroTypeHechsherNotes
Darjeeling17thArgentine-1MeatRottenberg
Sar Eden19thOurcq-5BakeryRottenbergOrganic bakery
Charles Traiteur19thOurcq-5BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur20thSaint-Mandé-1BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur11thRue-Des-Boulets-9BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur16thVictor-Hugo-2BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur17thWagram-3BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur Halavi17thWagram-3BakeryBeth-Din Chalavi
Korcarz4thSaint-paul-1BakeryBeth-DinIn the Marais
Ardely’s19thOurcq-5Milk ChocolateKatz
Damyel19thOurcq-5Parve ChocolateRottenberg
L’As Du Fallafel4thSaint-paul-1FallafelBeth-Dinin the Marais
L’Inte Cafe12thMiromesnil-9,13DairyBeth-Din15 minute walk from the Park Hyatt
Kosher pizza4thSaint-paul-1PizzaRottenberg
Le Shine17thPorte Maillot-1ChineseLubavitchnear the Arc
Soumsoum11thVoltaire- 9MeatLubavitchGreat Israeli restaurent, there is a second one in the 8th
Doron ba Laïla19thGare Saint-Lazare 3-12-13-14MeatRottenbergNice meat restaurant
Tibs19thOurcq-5DairyKatz
Thai One2ndSentier-3MeatRottenberg
Le XXV16thTrocadéro-9-6BakeryRottenberg Chalavi
Le XXV8thTernes-2BakeryRottenberg Chalavi

Activities:
-Segway Tour. Please do not PM Ergel with requests for coupon codes. The codes are long dead
-Seine River Tour
-Eiffel Tour (Metro: Trocadero -6,9)
-Versailles Palace and Gardens. Never wait on line to buy tickets. 1. Use museum pass 2. Buy in advance 3. There are vending machines near the bathrooms (you have to poke around to find them) without lines. (if you go during a really busy time and the line seems endlessly long, go to the gardens first and return to the palace in the afternoon when lines are shorter). To get an audio guide, you usually proceed across the Royal Courtyard after passing security. If the lines for the audio guides are long, turn left in the Courtyard, to the Apartments of the daughter's of Louis XV’s. There you'll find another counter where you can get audio guides, with no lines at all. You can then exit the apartments and continue along the tour, bypassing the longer line.
-Louvre Art Museum (Closed Tuesday) (Metro: Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre -1,7) Shushan/Purim artifacts that can be seen at the Louvre, per the book Purim and the Persian Empire.
-D'Orsay Art Museum (Closed Monday) (Metro: Solférino -12)
-Musée de l'Orangerie des Tuileries (closed Tuesday) small museum featuring Monet's lilies (Metro Concorde: -1,8,12)
-Centre Georges Pompidou modern art museum open 11-9. closed tuedays (Metro: Rambuteau -11)
-Tuileries Gardens. (Metro: Tuileries -1)
-Paris sewer museum Smells really bad but an interesting look at the sewer system
-Champs Elysees shopping (Metro: Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau -1,13)
-Arc de Triomphe (Metro: Charles de Gaulle - Étoile -1,2,6)
-Operan National De Paris opera house. tours daily 11:30 and 2:30. Admission included in Museum Pass, tour extra
-Montmartre (Great neighborhood to walk around with boutiques, artists, and great views, and a funicular that kids will love) (Metro: abbesses -12, Anvers -2)
-The Great Synagogue (La Victoria) is beautiful but the main shul is only open on Shabbos mornings for Shacharis, but definitely worthwhile if you're there over Shabbos (Metro: Notre-Dame-de-Lorette -12)

Hotels:
-Park Hyatt Paris (Hyatt cat 7) is an outstanding value for your points. They used to give a phenomenal kosher breakfast but now it's barely even worth requesting.  Still rooms are a decent size for Paris, the Spa facilities are very nice, and the intoxicating smell used throughout the hotel for forever be linked with the romance of Paris. Ideally located between the Opera and Tuileries metro stations.
The Park Hyatt has free parking, though driving and parking elsewhere in Paris is very difficult.
The Park Hyatt has also complimentary bikes for guests.
There is a backdoor for entry on shabbos.

-The InterContinental Paris - Le Grand is not far from the Park Hyatt. It cost 70k IHG points per night or you can use IHG free nights. It is a good alternitive if the PH is not available or if you don't have/don't want to spend 30k Hyatt points per night.

-The Westin (SPG cat 6) is not as luxurious at the Park Hyatt but is located nearby and does the trick if you only have Starpoints and not Chase or Hyatt points.

Shabbos meals:
-Chabad of Champs Elysees has great shabbos meals and you're sure to bump into other tourists there as well to share tips.
It is a 30 minute walk to the Park Hyatt, but the walk is quite lovely via the Tuileries Gardens and the Champs Elysees.
Reservations are required: http://www.chabadchampselysees.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/888847/jewish/Shabbat-at-Chabad-Champs-Elyses.htm
-if you don't/can't eat at Chabad, they suggest getting takeout from Ben & Cook located in the 8th. Hashgacha: rabbinate Lubavitch De France 33 1 45 61 03 95. 35 Euro for 2 challas, 2 dips, meatballs with noodles or veggies for 2. they close at 3pm on Fridays (in the summer). call for more info
- Friday night meals at Grand Synagogue http://www.tiny.cc/chabbat

There is no eruv in Paris. Consider taking the metro to shul with your talis bag along with return tickets for motzei shabbos.

Transport from CDG:
-If you are going to the Opera area you can take the RoissyBus (pronounced Wahsee-Boos as you will get blank stares if you ask for the Royzee-Bus) which goes there nonstop. You can pay by credit card in the RoissyBus waiting station or on the bus.  The cost is €10.  It is a 5 minute walk to the Park Hyatt.

-There are also train options from CDG: the subway is located in terminal 2E/2F, to get to paris its ligne B (Blue) it should take approximately 30minutes to get to Gare Du Nord
it cost 9€10 each way per person

- Mendy Taxi: 0(1133) 6 50 99 82 93 http://mendystransport.com/en/
- Shimon taxi: 0(1133)6 98 27 16 08  Tamidshuttle@gmail.com

- Uber, Bolt are the best option to get to paris cheapest and fastest

Metro:
The subway is fast, efficient, and cheap. A book of 10 tickets is 13,30€ for adults and 6,65€ for kids.
The subway closes between 12:30 and 2am.

Map:
Streetwise Paris cannot emphasize enough, this is really a must. Of course, if you have GMaps and data you don't need this map unless you really like paper.

Guidebooks
Rick Steves' Paris 2013
Fodor's Paris 2013 (Full-color Travel Guide)

Other Tips
-If you plan on visiting several of the items covered by the Museum Pass - make sure to check it out and price out your options.  Many times it is worth it to get a one-day or multi-day Museum Pass to save some money and more importantly, time (see link for more details: http://en.parismuseumpass.com/)
-Double check days when museums/sites are closed as many do close on different days of the week.
« Last edited by yitzy93 on November 27, 2023, 04:50:39 PM »

Author Topic: Paris Master Thread  (Read 944151 times)

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Paris Master Thread
« on: January 12, 2010, 07:08:18 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm planning a trip to Paris for the end of March and I need suggestions. I'm planning to get there Wednesday morning and leave Thursday evening and would prefer to stay in District 4 (Rue des Rosiers). I need advice on the following:
1. Decent hotel in that vicinity
2. Minyanim
3. Good breakfast
4. Restaurant for dinner
5. "Must visit" patisseries chocolatiers etc.
6. Tourist attractions (remember, I'm being there for less than two days)
7. Getting around
8. Any other useful information......

Thanks in advance!!!!! :)

Offline momo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Paris Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 07:49:19 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm planning a trip to Paris for the end of March and I need suggestions. I'm planning to get there Wednesday morning and leave Thursday evening and would prefer to stay in District 4 (Rue des Rosiers). I need advice on the following:
1. Decent hotel in that vicinity
2. Minyanim
3. Good breakfast
4. Restaurant for dinner
5. "Must visit" patisseries chocolatiers etc.
6. Tourist attractions (remember, I'm being there for less than two days)
7. Getting around
8. Any other useful information......

Thanks in advance!!!!! :)
Ok. I don't know what your standards are so for a decent hotel you may have to stay outside of the 4th. As for getting around the train system is great! It is very easy to figure out and user friendly You can buy a full day pass i do not remember how much it cost but it was not expensive. Option 2 would be to rent a bike. They are rented all around the city. Option 3 would be to walk around as much as you can because it is really beautiful. As for things to do you are only there 2 days so Versailles is out. The lourve is amazing but i don't know if you want to spend 1 of your days there. You should definitely see the eiffel towers(i think it is nicer at night) arc de triumph, notre dame,walk down ave champs-elysees(really fancy shopping). Ihope this helped. Have a great time!

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:38:06 AM »
be aware that bes din is not galtt. the only glatt hashgacha is rottenberg

Offline deals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »

im in with you

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »
Ok. I don't know what your standards are so for a decent hotel you may have to stay outside of the 4th. As for getting around the train system is great! It is very easy to figure out and user friendly You can buy a full day pass i do not remember how much it cost but it was not expensive. Option 2 would be to rent a bike. They are rented all around the city. Option 3 would be to walk around as much as you can because it is really beautiful. As for things to do you are only there 2 days so Versailles is out. The lourve is amazing but i don't know if you want to spend 1 of your days there. You should definitely see the eiffel towers(i think it is nicer at night) arc de triumph, notre dame,walk down ave champs-elysees(really fancy shopping). Ihope this helped. Have a great time!

i have been to paris allot of times momo really said nearly everthing
i would defently not skip the pizza on rue des rosier (the whole neigberhoodis called pletsel by olden jews))
its a tiny store its one lubavitsher guy making his own pizza but its the best pizza i ever tasted
for sure dont forget to buy the french baquet just eat it with butter
the vacuum packed lax fish is delicious and cheap
on pave street its off rue des rosier you have the big old shul (rav rottenberg)still in use
i would also go to the old opera and the big store next to it gallery the la fajet
next to the eifel tower (as he said by night)i would also go on to the big wheel
by the eifel tower remember to go passed the  founta inand take steps up so you can have the view from across i think its even nicer than the eifel tower itself (you get the full view) they will alll jump on you to sell you souveniers so remember to bargain
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:39:42 AM by deals »

Offline MOSES

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
I just found this cool website online http://www.kosherinfrance.com/
the 19th district is a very jewish area and has a lot of resturants... though there is another kosher restaurant every corner that you turn (literally.. there are tons)
you can take a train from the airport if you want to save money. public transportation is phenomenal!!
i have been to paris allot of times momo really said nearly everthing
i would defently not skip the pizza on rue des rosier (the whole neigberhoodis called pletsel by olden jews))
its a tiny store its one lubavitsher guy making his own pizza but its the best pizza i ever tasted
for sure dont forget to buy the french baquet just eat it with butter
the vacuum packed lax fish is delicious and cheap
on pave street its off rue des rosier you have the big old shul (rav rottenberg)still in use
i would also go to the old opera and the big store next to it gallery the la fajet
next to the eifel tower (as he said by night)i would also go on to the big wheel
by the eifel tower remember to go passed the  founta inand take steps up so you can have the view from across i think its even nicer than the eifel tower itself (you get the full view) they will alll jump on you to sell you souveniers so remember to bargain
I would not go so far to call Engelbergs pizz "the best I have ever tasted"...
In my opinion you defiantly don't need a hotel near the pletzel... paris is sooo easily accesable by train that I would go for any hotel you can get a good rate on that is in a descent area.
If you are going to be there for only 2 days, just do the basics.... eifel tower, arch, lourve, etc. just walking around the place is fun.
there is also "beis did de lubavitch" that is glatt

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
remember on and around the trains you have tons of pick pocketing

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 04:54:50 PM »
remember on and around the trains you have tons of pick pocketing

If I were you, I wouldn't be afraid

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 07:58:29 PM »
If I were you, I wouldn't be afraid
me neither. It is like anywhere else in europe or NYC, just use your head...

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »
me neither. It is like anywhere else in europe or NYC, just use your head...

no no in paris they are really prof. they usually do it when you walk up/down steps

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 09:21:55 PM »
no no in paris they are really prof. they usually do it when you walk up/down steps
they are pro everywhere. keep your stuff in sealed pockets and put your hands on them when you are going through heavy crouuds

Offline momo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 05:50:56 AM »
I got pickpocketed 2 times in Italy. 1time on the bus in Naples i felt some one putting his hand in my pocket and i slapped his hand away but apparently he got 50 euro( the whole bus started screaming at him in italian) The second time was in rome on a bus again when i felt a guy taking my wallet it was as the bus stopped by a bus stop the doors opened and FOUR people jumped off i of couse jumped off as well but they ran in four different direcyions. Needless to say bye bye wallet, with all credit cards cash atm  drivers license. Bh i was with my wife who had a cc. I had to find a phone and quickly call up to cancel my cc atm etc. They actually tried to use my atm card right away, but bh it was canceled. mMoral of the story be careful and try to stay away from really crowded trains and buses. Also do not wear clothing that screams TOURIST.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »
just keep your wallet in a deep pocket that has a button or zipper that closes it.

Offline youG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
planing a trip to Paris beginning of march for 2.5 days any advice on what to do or where to stay?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
eiffel tower

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »

Offline GABE

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Pointbreakers has a crowne plaza (i think) or a holiday inn for 5000 points/ $30 but I think it's a little out of the city center. But it might be worth it considering the prices for a nice hotel in town. But if you have or know someone with extra hyatt certificates there is a Hyatt Park. 

Offline youG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 07:50:58 AM »
the park hyatt or hyatt regency does not have availability the days i need. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »
the park hyatt or hyatt regency does not have availability the days i need. 
Well they do, but just 1 day each.  ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 07:56:15 AM »
I get the impression that the main sightseeing attraction is an award-availability in a good hotel.

Based on that, they might have a great hotel in Novosibirsk...   ;D