Author Topic: BIG and TALL suits  (Read 280 times)

Offline Yudis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
BIG and TALL suits
« on: May 26, 2024, 09:48:48 PM »
Looking for a place that sells big and tall suits off the rack. Jos A Bank used to have for great pricing but last 2 years or so they have not had extra long sizes. I've bought custom due to lack of options but it is pricey. Any recommendations for a place that sells big and tall suits? It's the tall part I'm having a particular hard time with.

Offline Yudis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
BIG and TALL suits
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 09:50:40 PM »
Would also love to know why they have disappeared. It's just a matter of making the same exact suit with a drop more material. What is the problem here?

Online HudZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
Re: BIG and TALL suits
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 10:58:22 PM »
Looking for a place that sells big and tall suits off the rack. Jos A Bank used to have for great pricing but last 2 years or so they have not had extra long sizes. I've bought custom due to lack of options but it is pricey. Any recommendations for a place that sells big and tall suits? It's the tall part I'm having a particular hard time with.
Have you tried Macys? I believe they do very well with larger sizes. Perhaps with long sizes as well.
אין עוד מלבדו

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 10:58:44 PM »
Would also love to know why they have disappeared. It's just a matter of making the same exact suit with a drop more material. What is the problem here?
I don't know the reason. But it isn't necessarily about adding the little more material. If there isn't a large demand, they may have discontinued it because of that. (Charles Tyrwhitt stopped making super slim sizes, simply because there was low demand for it)
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 11:10:10 PM »
Looking for a place that sells big and tall suits off the rack... It's the tall part I'm having a particular hard time with.

Maybe ping @Something Fishy

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2024, 11:11:14 PM »
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 10:20:27 AM »
I don't know the reason. But it isn't necessarily about adding the little more material. If there isn't a large demand, they may have discontinued it because of that. (Charles Tyrwhitt stopped making super slim sizes, simply because there was low demand for it)

Low demand makes sense. For illustration, imagine they have 100 styles in 30 sizes, if they need to add 10 long sizes for half the styles, that’s another 500 style/size combinations to stock, the less demand there are for those sizes, the less viable it is.

There might be other manufacturing considerations as well, e.g. longer sizes being less efficient because they result in more scrap.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 08:08:01 PM »
Have you tried Macys? I believe they do very well with larger sizes. Perhaps with long sizes as well.
I meant to write Marcys.

Idk what Macy's has, perhaps they have what you're looking for. All mistakes are for a reason. ;)
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2024, 03:50:52 PM »
A I stone has sales all the time.
 They're suits when on sale range from $65- $180 when on sale.
 They have tall, short and ect.
 Modern, traditional, regular, slim, extra slim, tall ,short, regular. And multiple of each size and color.

Though may be full price now.

I'm happy with those suits. So usually buy a few jackets and some suits to have.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501