Author Topic: Seeking Witnesses: Discrimination and Public Humiliation Incident with Delta  (Read 12737 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Yes, I tried to provide the most back round info I could about the story. For some reason people decided that I felt in the beginning entitled to a window seat. Only after it was promised as compensation, did it add insult to injury that they didn't come through.
This is not the first time I was treaded rudely bye a stewardess, but this time I felt it was overboard.

I think people here are so immune to rude and power hungry airline workers that they couldn't comprehend asking compensation over that. They are probably right. I doubt anyone but the highest elites would have a rudeness complaint even heard by anyone.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I think people here are so immune to rude and power hungry airline workers that they couldn't comprehend asking compensation over that. They are probably right. I doubt anyone but the highest elites would have a rudeness complaint even heard by anyone.
pretty much anyone who travels regularly has experienced worse

Offline lansky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Yet there have been a number of cases where this forum was on the forefront of anti-semitism claims.
when there's unquestionable evidence other then that no every forum has the same response of doubt when it comes up and it's more about the people responding not the owner that have the issue

Offline lansky

• View Profile
The claim was the FA didn't like TLV flights, not that they don't like certain groups of people.

FAs told my parents they don't like flights to India because of the large number of passengers requiring wheelchairs and special assistance. FAs have told me they don't like the JNB-JFK route because of the mess, and I once heard a FA mutter about being annoyed at the number of KSMLs on the flight from JFK to JNB, not because the meals are more annoying to prep, which they are, but because of the amounts of Appletiser that would be requested. That wasn't antisemitic, it was hilarious.

You can argue that it's in bad taste for FAs to express such thoughts as they can be misconstrued as being bigoted, though they are clearly not.

This forum and site has long proven that if you have an actual claim of bias, it might be the best place to get advice. We all know there are antisemitic people in airports and on planes because we encounter antisemitic people in every place.
so if the guy is not recording means it didn't happen, that's why I said he's wasting his time because no one here believes something happened , for some reason people think everything against us is made up unless there's evidence which is just bizzare and  ignorant

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Yup, we're conditioned to put up with all but the most egregious treatment from airline employees. There's no other industry that gets away with that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chbochur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
For your info, I did not get breakfeast on that flight. The stewardess gave it to someone else because I was sleeping when they served it. I had left the meal tray open. But I didn't make a fuss about it or mention it, because it's irrelevant, and not anti-sematic.
But public shaming is unacceptable, sorry.
I find it hard to believe you were able to sleep after such a traumatic horrifying scene occurred just a few short hours prior

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
so if the guy is not recording means it didn't happen, that's why I said he's wasting his time because no one here believes something happened , for some reason people think everything against us is made up unless there's evidence which is just bizzare and  ignorant

Even in his own telling of the story there is no antisemitic behavior. You would be hard pressed to find someone on this forum outside of Dan who has tried to publicize concerns of antisemitism than me. If op was mistreated because of his dress, he needs to express how he knows that. Short of that it's a story about bad customer service. If he was berated in public, that's awful and embarrassing, and he should be compensated. What he shouldn't do is go on an antisemitism grievance tour and complain when people push back on his narrative

Offline Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
OP literally experienced emotional homicide. I don't understand why people here are so brutal.

The Mishna says he's owed at least 1,234,567 dollars since all based on the one who humiliated and the one who was humiliated. We're talking about a prestigious Delta stewardess in Red vs Harav 613
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
I'm on AA104 now JFK - LHR. Gate agent was extremely rude and decided not to let me take on my carry on luggage, even though it clearly fit into the box where they check to see if it fits. I have pictures how it fits and videos as well. On the video you see clearly where she sees how it fits and is just throwing a fit that she doesn't care and is not allowing me to take it onto the plane.

Any witnesses? Is this antisemitic?  Anyone wanna join with a class action lawsuit?..
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
Unfortunately these things happen and will continue to happen and it will be my choice next time if I wanna spend my money with United etc instead.. (no was not a milage tkt :).)

But just so she can rot in the hall of shame here is a snapshot of her standing next to my luggage where it clearly fits and her tantruming (literally) that I still can't take it. And that she's the supervisor.

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Unfortunately these things happen and will continue to happen and it will be my choice next time if I wanna spend my money with United etc instead.. (no was not a milage tkt :) .)

But just so she can rot in the hall of shame here is a snapshot of her standing next to my luggage where it clearly fits and her tantruming (literally) that I still can't take it. And that she's the supervisor.

Write to AA, and save another yid from getting this treatment.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
I'm on AA104 now JFK - LHR. Gate agent was extremely rude and decided not to let me take on my carry on luggage, even though it clearly fit into the box where they check to see if it fits. I have pictures how it fits and videos as well. On the video you see clearly where she sees how it fits and is just throwing a fit that she doesn't care and is not allowing me to take it onto the plane.

Any witnesses? Is this antisemitic?  Anyone wanna join with a class action lawsuit?..
Did she say the overheads were already full?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
Did she say the overheads were already full?
No. I travel a lot and I'm aware of that. That would be a different story. Here she just said that it doesn't fit. Because she decided so. She even said so before I had a chance to place it in the measurement bin. AND, not to mention, that I'm traveling business class where they never make you check your luggage because of no space.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
Write to AA, and save another yid from getting this treatment.
Im not wasting my time going to AA.com to get a  generic response / apology and $100 future travel voucher.

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
No. I travel a lot and I'm aware of that. That would be a different story. Here she just said that it doesn't fit. Because she decided so. She even said so before I had a chance to place it in the measurement bin. AND, not to mention, that I'm traveling business class where they never make you check your luggage because of no space.
If you were traveling business, you should Definitely complain.
You can PM me your details and I'll gladly keep the compensation if its something your not after.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
If you were traveling business, you should Definitely complain.
You can PM me your details and I'll gladly keep the compensation if its something your not after.
Just to be clear.. I love compensation but to go to AA and do a whole write up is not the best use of my time given that this supervisor will actually never hear back or be disciplined.

Offline monsey yid

• View Profile
Just to be clear.. I love compensation but to go to AA and do a whole write up is not the best use of my time given that this supervisor will actually never hear back or be disciplined.

Chat gpt will gladly write it up for you
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I've had the same in economy class on Swiss 5 years ago. Unfortunately there's always going to be an agent on a power trip and their unions will shield them from any consequences.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I can't even begin to tell you how many gate agents claim overhead bins are full and steal my luggage, only for me to get on the plane and find empty space.

Once I even had a massive empty overhead bin right over my seat was mad AF

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
I can't even begin to tell you how many gate agents claim overhead bins are full and steal my luggage, only for me to get on the plane and find empty space.

Once I even had a massive empty overhead bin right over my seat was mad AF
AA is the worst for this. Just AAwful.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.