Author Topic: 2024 Israeli Municipal Elections  (Read 3788 times)

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 Israeli Municipal Elections
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2024, 02:54:10 PM »

He only got involved in BS because Gafni reneged on the Elad agreement. Now that he got Elad he said he's backing Greenburg.

Gafni??
Rav Dov Landau is now the rav of degel, was against the elad agreement from the start (when R Chaim and R Gershon were running Degel), and said to break the deal AFAIK against the advice of Gafni

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2024, 03:28:34 PM »
I'm waiting to get out all of my saved Gimmel/Shas signs which say, "We need a Rosh Ha'ir Chareidi" and stick it into their faces
We really do . Too bad the only charedi running was Abutbull and he lost. Many people would rather someone not charedi than somebody who the only thing charedi about him is his yarmulka

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2024, 03:30:39 PM »
Gafni??
Rav Dov Landau is now the rav of degel, was against the elad agreement from the start (when R Chaim and R Gershon were running Degel), and said to break the deal AFAIK against the advice of Gafni

Of course Gafni would rather break deals under "Daas Torah" than under his own name. Politics at its best.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2024, 03:32:54 PM »
Of course Gafni would rather break deals under "Daas Torah" than under his own name. Politics at its best.
I too always love to blame Gafni, but Rav Dov gave a 12 minute speech in Elad explaining his stance.

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2024, 05:15:11 PM »
Many people would rather someone not charedi than somebody who the only thing charedi about him is his yarmulka

:o care to explain this?
Is a non-Chareidi more likely to be considerate to Charedi issues than a "pretend-Chareidi"? Or are you coming from a emes vs sheker approach? If #2 is correct, it's time to get real.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2024, 06:02:04 PM »
Deri & Gafni are both extremely experienced politicians (in the worst sense of the word), though I think Deri has more finesse. I recall in his early days as a politician his nickname was לייבעלע דרייער.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:53:43 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2024, 12:55:31 AM »
:o care to explain this?
Is a non-Chareidi more likely to be considerate to Charedi issues than a "pretend-Chareidi"? Or are you coming from a emes vs sheker approach? If #2 is correct, it's time to get real.
Sometimes having someone who claims to represent you has much more ability to do damage and create chilul hashem if he doesn't have a charedi hashkafa or charedi plans.

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2024, 01:04:19 AM »
Sometimes having someone who claims to represent you has much more ability to do damage and create chilul hashem if he doesn't have a charedi hashkafa or charedi plans.

Just a reminder, five years ago Abutbul was the SOLE Chareidi candidate against Bloch and still lost, largely because a sizeable amount of Chareidim were fed up with him. That was quite the chilul Hashem IMO.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2024, 03:28:51 AM »
You are 100% correct. In general.

(I don't know the other Chareidi parties, but) Degel HaTorah is an exception to the rule where the Rabbanim who call the shots will easily dump someone if they overstep too much.

Greenberg knows that the only way he ran was because the Rabbanim chose him and if he doesn't toe the line then his career is over.

That much experience he does have.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2024, 09:36:08 AM »

Shmuel Greenberg –
A Dedicated Vision for Beit Shemesh

Hello, I’m Shmuel Greenberg, and for over twenty years, I’ve proudly called Beit Shemesh my home. My journey has been one of service, learning, and a commitment to making our town a better place for everyone.

My Background
I am 48 years old and a proud veteran, having served in Unit 995 and in reserve duty at Jalama and Pylon bases. My academic path led me to the Hebrew University, where I earned degrees in Law and Public Policy. Beyond this, I’ve been fortunate to grow through programs like the Mandel School for Educational Leadership and the Maoz Network, enriching my approach to leadership and community service.

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2024, 09:59:32 AM »
Shmuel Greenberg –
A Dedicated Vision for Beit Shemesh

Hello, I’m Shmuel Greenberg, and for over twenty years, I’ve proudly called Beit Shemesh my home. My journey has been one of service, learning, and a commitment to making our town a better place for everyone.

My Background
I am 48 years old and a proud veteran, having served in Unit 995 and in reserve duty at Jalama and Pylon bases. My academic path led me to the Hebrew University, where I earned degrees in Law and Public Policy. Beyond this, I’ve been fortunate to grow through programs like the Mandel School for Educational Leadership and the Maoz Network, enriching my approach to leadership and community service.

Is this bad?
Would you prefer a heimishe wheeler-dealer to run a city of 150,000+ people?
I went to all of the standard yeshivos and still think that just because someone is "unzere" doesn't make him the best man for the job.
Do you have any reason to think that Greenberg will try to actively work against chareidi interests because of his non-mainstream background? Or do you just have the Israeli knee-jerk reaction that anyone who dares go out of the box is a dangerous threat?

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2024, 12:57:43 PM »
Is this bad?
Would you prefer a heimishe wheeler-dealer to run a city of 150,000+ people?
I went to all of the standard yeshivos and still think that just because someone is "unzere" doesn't make him the best man for the job.
Do you have any reason to think that Greenberg will try to actively work against chareidi interests because of his non-mainstream background? Or do you just have the Israeli knee-jerk reaction that anyone who dares go out of the box is a dangerous threat?
research Mandel School for Educational Leadership. There was a reason that Yated  published a letter from the Moetzes a few years ago that they won't take their grads for any public positions .The whole point of the place is to "actively work against chareidi interests" i didnt say he is bad person  just that he isn't charedi. His plans for the city that he published ,would make me not want to live here. If you want an American version of "frum" than Aliza Bloch is also.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2024, 02:30:36 PM »
research Mandel School for Educational Leadership. There was a reason that Yated  published a letter from the Moetzes a few years ago that they won't take their grads for any public positions .The whole point of the place is to "actively work against chareidi interests" i didnt say he is bad person  just that he isn't charedi. His plans for the city that he published ,would make me not want to live here. If you want an American version of "frum" than Aliza Bloch is also.
Well said.
But that's why we have Rabbanim. To help us make these tough decisions.

Regarding this past election i spoke to my Rav who let me know that his choice was not the mainstream Litvish Gadol's choice and i did like my Rav.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2024, 02:55:51 PM »
Well said.
But that's why we have Rabbanim. To help us make these tough decisions.

Regarding this past election i spoke to my Rav who let me know that his choice was not the mainstream Litvish Gadol's choice and i did like my Rav.
All of the problems start when local Rabbonim are ignored and decisions  are made in the name of gedolim.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2024, 02:59:36 PM »
All of the problems start when local Rabbonim are ignored and decisions  are made in the name of gedolim.
Buddy, i couldn't agree more with you  :-[

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2024, 03:01:40 PM »
Regarding the machon mendle thing, greenberg went to it before the rabbanim assured it so he gets off on a technicality but still...

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2024, 03:27:36 PM »
Its not about punishing those who went there. Its about realising that they are people with an agenda to change the charedi world. The fact that he advertises it (only in English ) is all the more bothersome.אודותיי
אני בן 48, יליד רכסים ובוגר ישיבת כפר חסידים. שירתתי ביחידה 995 ובמילואים בבסיסי ג’למה ופילון. למדתי תואר ראשון במשפטים ותואר שני במדיניות ציבורית באוניברסיטה העברית.  מעבר לכך, הוכשרתי בתכניות ניהול ומנהיגות יוקרתיות בנושאי שירות הקהילה, בנייה וביצוע של תוכניות עבודה מקצועיות, וניהול מערכות גדולות.
My Background

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2024, 02:46:59 AM »
So Shas just made a deal with Degel that they will support Greenberg. In exchange, next election, Degel will support the Shas candidate. I wonder what insurance policy Shas took out to make sure that whoever is the Degel Gadol in five years time doesn't decide that he doesn't like the deal, after all.