Author Topic: Does info on Mileage account need to match Credit Card info?  (Read 2519 times)

Online zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, and if it was, please point out where I can find it.

The question is as follows:

In general, with cards such as MP Explorer, Delta, USair etc... Does the NAME on the mileage account have to match the NAME on the credit card, or do the credit card issuers only look at the number?

For example, I want to sign my wife up for a MP Explorer, but I want to use a mileage number that has my name on it, will that work?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Does info on Mileage account need to match Credit Card info?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
In general, with cards such as MP Explorer, Delta, USair etc... Does the NAME on the mileage account have to match the NAME on the credit card, or do the credit card issuers only look at the number?

For example, I want to sign my wife up for a MP Explorer, but I want to use a mileage number that has my name on it, will that work?

Might work if your wife has the same lastname, worth a shot, worst case (if they notice the mismatch) they'll create a new FFN for the applicant.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:53:14 PM »
Might work if your wife has the same lastname, worth a shot, worst case (if they notice the mismatch) they'll create a new FFN for the applicant.

If it works, there is tremendous value in this.

Suppose I want to make a round-trip international ticket, if I get the cards for my wife and myself, both under my own name, then I can merge the two mileage accounts together.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
If it works, there is tremendous value in this.

Suppose I want to make a round-trip international ticket, if I get the cards for my wife and myself, both under my own name, then I can merge the two mileage accounts together.

Something like that.

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
after opening a cc that is linked to a hotel/airline it goes throught a verifing stage. What it is, is that chase (or whatever bank u are using) checks that the names match.
However in my experience this is not true. I opened up an UE card for my wife under her maiden name, and sent the miles to her married name. The card was issued no problems. I got a letter in the mail 3 months after it was opened that the accounts dont match....and they wont post the miles accordingly. I had chase change the name the account was under i.e. maiden to married, (no marriage license needed)

so will it work, maybe is it a long term plan - no.

Offline PETERP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 05:28:56 AM »
after opening a cc that is linked to a hotel/airline it goes throught a verifing stage. What it is, is that chase (or whatever bank u are using) checks that the names match.
However in my experience this is not true. I opened up an UE card for my wife under her maiden name, and sent the miles to her married name. The card was issued no problems. I got a letter in the mail 3 months after it was opened that the accounts dont match....and they wont post the miles accordingly. I had chase change the name the account was under i.e. maiden to married, (no marriage license needed)

so will it work, maybe is it a long term plan - no.

FYI   BA has a pretty strict enforcement policy. Took 2 days for verification and they have been known to close out accounts due to hanky panky  ;D

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:44:40 PM »
FYI   BA has a pretty strict enforcement policy. Took 2 days for verification and they have been known to close out accounts due to hanky panky  ;D

You mean A/A, or just denial of the app?

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 01:14:02 AM »
hyatt verification by me is already 4 days!

lets recap:
Hyatt - No
BA - No
UA - Not really

what else