Author Topic: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
I'm selling a $500 Lowe's gc for $450.

I can either mail you the gc, or send you the numbers to use online.

Please pm me.
Thanx

Offline yitzyul

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 2169
  • Total likes: 34
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 47
    • View Profile
  • Location: Monsey
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
Just go to the postoffice and P/U a moving kit and it comes with a 10% off coupon.

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »
Just go to the postoffice and P/U a moving kit and it comes with a 10% off coupon.

Correct.  If you use the coupon with this gc - on a $500 purchase - you'll end up having spent $400  (20% savings!!).

Offline bubbles

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 5047
  • Total likes: 10
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »

Your numbers are off but still a good deal :)

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
Your numbers are off but still a good deal :)

How so?

If you pay me $450 and you go to lowes and purchase a $500 item and present the coupon they the total bill will be $450, thereby saving you 10%. (You will have $50 remaining on the gc).

Offline bubbles

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 5047
  • Total likes: 10
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:43 PM »
How so?

If you pay me $450 and you go to lowes and purchase a $500 item and present the coupon they the total bill will be $450, thereby saving you 10%. (You will have $50 remaining on the gc).

The correct way to do the math would be paying you $450 and going to lowes and buying a $555.55 item for $500 with the coupon and gc which comes out to a savings of $105.55 on a $555.55 product or a 19% savings. No?

Offline Ergel

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2010
  • Posts: 11385
  • Total likes: 76
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »
The correct way to do the math would be paying you $450 and going to lowes and buying a $555.55 item for $500 with the coupon and gc which comes out to a savings of $105.55 on a $555.55 product or a 19% savings. No?
Correct
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »
Correct.  If you use the coupon with this gc - on a $500 purchase - you'll end up having spent $400  (20% savings!!).

Correction,  savings will be 19%. Not 20%.

HT: Mathematician bubbles  ;) :P

Offline smurf

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Sep 2010
  • Posts: 4394
  • Total likes: 1
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Location: NJ
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:20:49 AM »
when dealing with consecutive percentage discounts the easiest way to calculate the total discount would be to add the second discount amount  less the amount of the first. like in this case
10% off plus (10%-10%)=9% for a total of 19%

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »
when dealing with consecutive percentage discounts the easiest way to calculate the total discount would be to add the second discount amount  less the amount of the first. like in this case
10% off plus (10%-10%)=9% for a total of 19%

I wouldn't consider this scenario as "consecutive percentage discounts". The discounts aren't happening in the same transaction.

And btw, one gc sold, two more still available.

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »
I'm selling a $500 Lowe's gc for $450.

I can either mail you the gc, or send you the numbers to use online.

Please pm me.
Thanx
Bump

(You can use a lowes 10% off coupon with the gc for additional savings.)

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »
I'm selling a $500 Lowe's gc for $450.

I can either mail you the gc, or send you the numbers to use online.

Please pm me.
Thanx

Bump. (3) Still available.

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 01:48:02 AM »

Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 01:43:42 AM »
Now selling $500 gc for $430. Only until tonight, after that they will be taken off the market.


Offline Saver2000

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 7501
  • Total likes: 9
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lowe's gift card for sale @ 10% off
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »
All sold out for the time being. Thanx to all my customers  :)