Author Topic: Update: Now Resolved! (Delta Ripoff, PLEASE HELP!)  (Read 20363 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Ripoff, PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »
They will not see by another airlines frequent flyer your flying activity. If the same alliance, they might see your status, upgrades available, but not how much you fly. That's why I advised writhing flying blue plat.

Ad kaan leshoini

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 08:59:20 AM »
They will not see by another airlines frequent flyer your flying activity. If the same alliance, they might see your status, upgrades available, but not how much you fly. That's why I advised writhing flying blue plat.

Ad kaan leshoini

Got ya now, so basically claim your loyal to DL only that you credit the miles elsewhere, pretty smart

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 10:29:14 AM »
but with the attitude of the check in agent for the first class (!) it would not have helped anyways...
Now that I think about it, it's possible that the 1st class agent saw that you didn't belong in 1st and decided to make you miss the flight as a lesson...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
Now that I think about it, it's possible that the 1st class agent saw that you didn't belong in 1st and decided to make you miss the flight as a lesson...

another Delta Agent sent me there, but yes she was nasty about that as well....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:22:46 AM by Mendel »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »
another Delta Agent sent me there, but yes she was nasty about that as well....
That may be worth including in the letter...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »
That may be worth including in the letter...

too late I already sent it, but I will include it if I need to do a reply/follow up (or if they call me)

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 02:17:06 PM »
thank you everyone for you help, I will IY"H update you on what happens.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
thank you everyone for you help, I will IY"H update you on what happens.

Thanks

Good Luck to You and I hope they make you whole

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »
Didn't you mention in the "mehadure rishoino" that a dl employee advised you to stand in the line of first?

Offline destinationMIA

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
If this doesn't pan out you can always try small claims court, many times the airline will not even bother going and they offer you some sort of settlement.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »
If you really wana go for it. You come with a mic and a "skynews" sticker on it (or so). Get someone with a professional camera, and another guy holding the stick which records.
You go to the ticketing, and inquire about this case.

Believe me, its going to have very fast results.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
If you really wana go for it. You come with a mic and a "skynews" sticker on it (or so). Get someone with a professional camera, and another guy holding the stick which records.
You go to the ticketing, and inquire about this case.

Believe me, its going to have very fast results.

lol...

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Delta Response
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
From: IT Kana Support [mailto:KanaSupport.Delta@delta.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Complaint - Delta Airlines NYC-Miami (KMM24681I15977L0KM)

April 15, 2010 REF #8479238

Dear ...

Thank you for your correspondence to our CEO, Mr. Richard Anderson, along with the other top executives, describing your recent experience with Delta; they have asked me to respond on their behalves. I apologize for the unknown check-in policy for New York.

I am truly sorry for your disappointment with our check-in guidelines. If a passenger has not checked in and boarded the aircraft within our guidelines, they risk having their reservation cancelled. In those cases, our team members should assist them in rescheduling their travel on the next available flight. The notes in your record stat that you did not meet the New York check-in policy. I apologize, but we must respectfully decline your request for a refund or compensation. Be assured I will be sharing your comments with our Airport Customer Service leadership team for internal follow up.

I hope I have been able to resolve the concerns you have about our service. Again, I am sorry for the challenges your family faced and thank you for writing. Your business is important to us and given the opportunity of serving you in the future, I am confident Delta will not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,

Tyler Adams
Coordinator, Customer Care

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
We all told you 90 minutes would be their "out"

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 01:33:30 PM »
https://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/itineraries_checkin/requirements/

They write:

The recommended arrival time at the airport prior to departure is 75 minutes for travel within the U.S.

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Draft of my response:
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
I am completely confused by your reply.  I am familiar with your check in guidelines as they are currently posted online and I have adhered to all of them, even allowing more than the recommended time.

At this point, I will not reiterate the nightmarish elements of my experience (I am a frequent traveler and have never experienced such a lack of basic courtesy and customer service) but focus on the facts.

Your site recommends check in with luggage at JFK to take place 60 minutes prior to the flight and recommends arrival at the airport 75 minutes prior to the flight.  I arrived at JFK approximately 100 minutes before departure and was already on the baggage drop off line 90 minutes before scheduled departure.  Also, I was already checked-in (online) and simply needed to drop off my luggage. 

The reason I (as well as many other fellow passengers) did not get on the flight was due to a malfunction of the luggage conveyor which was completely insufficient to handle the traffic and totally backed up with luggage slowing down the luggage drop off.  Seeing that Delta was experiencing unusual challenges at the particular time, I asked the on-site Delta personnel for instructions on how to ensure that I will make my flight and followed their recommendations exactly.

In light of the above, I have no idea what you mean by “The notes in your record stat that you did not meet the New York check-in policy.”

I am confident in Delta resolve this in a way will not only meet but exceed my expectations, so I can consider you in the future.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »
https://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/itineraries_checkin/requirements/

They write:

The recommended arrival time at the airport prior to departure is 75 minutes for travel within the U.S.
That's not for JFK, which is listed as an exception airport.
If other airports are 75 minutes for a 30 minute cut-off it would reason that JFK would need at least 105 minutes for the 60 minute cut-off.

I'm not defending Delta here, I'm sure most other airlines would have worked with you to get you on your flight (I know Continental has for me many times without such issues).

But by your own admission you said 90 minutes which gives them an out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:43:06 PM by Dan »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »
From: IT Kana Support [mailto:KanaSupport.Delta@delta.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Complaint - Delta Airlines NYC-Miami (KMM24681I15977L0KM)

April 15, 2010 REF #8479238

Dear ...

Thank you for your correspondence to our CEO, Mr. Richard Anderson, along with the other top executives, describing your recent experience with Delta; they have asked me to respond on their behalves. I apologize for the unknown check-in policy for New York.

I am truly sorry for your disappointment with our check-in guidelines. If a passenger has not checked in and boarded the aircraft within our guidelines, they risk having their reservation cancelled. In those cases, our team members should assist them in rescheduling their travel on the next available flight. The notes in your record stat that you did not meet the New York check-in policy. I apologize, but we must respectfully decline your request for a refund or compensation. Be assured I will be sharing your comments with our Airport Customer Service leadership team for internal follow up.

I hope I have been able to resolve the concerns you have about our service. Again, I am sorry for the challenges your family faced and thank you for writing. Your business is important to us and given the opportunity of serving you in the future, I am confident Delta will not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,

Tyler Adams
Coordinator, Customer Care

Pretty much exactly what I posted youd hear back, only they did it in a nicer way

Unless you have Absolute Proof that it was done cause you were Jewish I wouldnt take it any further,Your CC and the GA office will side with DL 1000%. and Hear Say wont help youd need Witnesses and even something say on tape or other DL employees to be your witnesses. w/o that you dont have a leg to stand on

I know how you feel Ive been there myself but was able to get a later flight that same day w/o having to pay an extra $$$$ Yes it STINKS but thats the Airline biz today Unfortunately sometimes even having Top or Middle Status doesnt help any. I had LifeTime Plat with AA when I gave her my bags 2 mins after the cutoff even thou I had been on the Biz line for well over 30 mins , and all I got was a 6 hr wait till the next flight.

Its hard to do but you need to Move On and next time no matter who you fly on get there 2 hrs before hand Especially Erev Hag in NY when everyone else is doing what you are
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:44:41 PM by steve2 »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »
I am completely confused by your reply.  I am familiar with your check in guidelines as they are currently posted online and I have adhered to all of them, even allowing more than the recommended time.

At this point, I will not reiterate the nightmarish elements of my experience (I am a frequent traveler and have never experienced such a lack of basic courtesy and customer service) but focus on the facts.

Your site recommends check in with luggage at JFK to take place 60 minutes prior to the flight and recommends arrival at the airport 75 minutes prior to the flight.  I arrived at JFK approximately 100 minutes before departure and was already on the baggage drop off line 90 minutes before scheduled departure.  Also, I was already checked-in (online) and simply needed to drop off my luggage. 

The reason I (as well as many other fellow passengers) did not get on the flight was due to a malfunction of the luggage conveyor which was completely insufficient to handle the traffic and totally backed up with luggage slowing down the luggage drop off.  Seeing that Delta was experiencing unusual challenges at the particular time, I asked the on-site Delta personnel for instructions on how to ensure that I will make my flight and followed their recommendations exactly.

In light of the above, I have no idea what you mean by “The notes in your record stat that you did not meet the New York check-in policy.”

I am confident in Delta resolve this in a way will not only meet but exceed my expectations, so I can consider you in the future.

you were checked in but your bags must be accounted for by 60 mins before flight time. If the luggage tags arent printed 60 mins before (at times it can be a few mins before that) you Missed the cutoff time for bag check and thusly you wont be allowed to fly if you are checking bags.Had you been going with only carry-ons it wouldnt have been a problem.

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Another Draft:
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
I am completely confused by your reply. Perhaps I was not clear in my letter. I am not disappointed with Delta’s check-in guidelines. In fact, my respect for Delta’s policies is the reason that I actually arrived even earlier than recommended. My disappointment is with Delta’s failure to adequately respond to systemic failures.

Your site recommends check in with luggage at JFK to take place 60 minutes prior to the flight and recommends arrival at the airport 75 minutes prior to the flight. I arrived at JFK approximately 100 minutes before departure and was already on the baggage drop off line 90 minutes before scheduled departure. Also, I was already checked-in (online) and simply needed to drop off my luggage.

The reason I (as well as many other fellow passengers) did not get on the flight was due to a malfunction of the luggage conveyor which was completely insufficient to handle the traffic and totally backed up with luggage slowing down the luggage drop off. Seeing that Delta was experiencing unusual challenges at the particular time, I asked the on-site Delta personnel for instructions on how to ensure that I will make my flight and followed their recommendations exactly.

In light of the above, I have no idea what you mean by “The notes in your record stat that you did not meet the New York check-in policy.” The staff clearly ignored the problems that the system was having. Instead of accommodating passengers and looking for ways to assist them, the staff at JFK simply placed the blame on the passengers. They should have acknowledged that there was trouble processing everyone on line. But they decided to blame the delay on passengers not arriving on time. That is why they wrote that I did not meet the check-in policy.

I am surprised that you doubt my account of what happened. You can easily verify the circumstances on that day with the local staff. And I am sure that you received other, similar complaints. I am confident that Delta can resolve this in a way that will not only meet but exceed my expectations, so we can consider you in the future.