Topic Wiki

yuneeq, ChaimMoskowitz, and sometimes a couple other members talk about some Canadian game.
« Last edited by jj1000 on May 17, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Author Topic: NHL Master Thread  (Read 447200 times)

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: nhl
« Reply #1520 on: May 30, 2015, 10:54:55 PM »
I love all you guys voting for lightning vs Hawks after its already set :)

I was just about to vote and its locked :(

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 30, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »
I was just about to vote and its locked :(

I had to lock it to block abusers like you.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 30, 2015, 10:58:40 PM »
New poll!
Visibly Jewish

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • CardCenter - Discounted gift cards
« Reply #1523 on: May 31, 2015, 12:50:21 AM »
Oh the pain !!!!! Every year, I invest so much energy into the Rangers... All the close games, all the overtime games, all the do or die games. And ever year it's just one type of heartbreak after another....
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 31, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »
Oh the pain !!!!! Every year, I invest so much energy into the Rangers... All the close games, all the overtime games, all the do or die games. And ever year it's just one type of heartbreak after another....

So sad, too bad.
They were lucky to get past Washington being down 3-1.
Can't keep on playing from behind

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 31, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
No hate against the Bolts but I hope Bishop gets shelled vs Ana/ Chi... I am sick of reading on how he is better then Lundqvist.. the lightning could have put a High School goalie in net and won game 7
If the game was played on paper you would be right. Some day many here might learn what stats are about.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
No hate against the Bolts but I hope Bishop gets shelled vs Ana/ Chi... I am sick of reading on how he is better then Lundqvist.. the lightning could have put a High School goalie in net and won game 7
If the game was played on paper you would be right. Some day many here might learn what stats are about.

Anyone who thinks Bishop is better than the Queen is crazy.

Although the queen let in 2 softies to seal the fate of her team, I think its more that the team let the queen down than the Queen letting the team down.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 31, 2015, 11:41:26 PM »

Although the queen let in 2 softies to seal the fate of her team, I think its more that the team let the queen down than the Queen letting the team down.

2 softies?
Just one unless that wide open laser beam is called a softie nowadays.
Either way, Lundqvist didn't lose game 7 for the Rangers, but with his salary he should've won game 3, and for that I won't forgive him.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 01, 2015, 12:17:35 AM »
2 softies?
Just one unless that wide open laser beam is called a softie nowadays.
Either way, Lundqvist didn't lose game 7 for the Rangers, but with his salary he should've won game 3, and for that I won't forgive him.

That 5 hole was a softie, reminiscent of the last day of the season vs. philly, losing in the shootout, and getting knocked out from being in the playoffs.

He usually has one bad game a playoff series. This year, he had no bad games the first 2 rounds.
You can't cut him some slack???? Puh-lease.

I agree with you that he didn't lose game 7. The team lost it.
No matter which way you slice it, this team that was being touted as Stanley cup champions from the time that the playoffs started, choked.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 01, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »
That 5 hole was a softie, reminiscent of the last day of the season vs. philly, losing in the shootout, and getting knocked out from being in the playoffs.

He usually has one bad game a playoff series. This year, he had no bad games the first 2 rounds.
You can't cut him some slack???? Puh-lease.

I agree with you that he didn't lose game 7. The team lost it.
No matter which way you slice it, this team that was being touted as Stanley cup champions from the time that the playoffs started, choked.

I agree the first was a softie but not the second goal.
I don't think it was a choke but I'm disappointed that they didn't get to the final.
I didn't pay attention to the "Stanley cup favorites" because I thought it was a very close year.
I actually picked the lightning in 6, I think they're the only team I would've picked against the Rangers this year.
In fact, any of the final four could've won it all and it wouldn't have surprised anyone.
Visibly Jewish

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 01, 2015, 07:54:47 AM »

All I heard about was game seven stats. The most important game seven and he did not deliver, Bishop did. His positioning and down low he is one of the best just like Price and some others. His glove side is weak at best. The amount of rebounds he gives up is nothing to sneeze at either.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 01, 2015, 08:20:31 AM »
All I heard about was game seven stats. The most important game seven and he did not deliver, Bishop did. His positioning and down low he is one of the best just like Price and some others. His glove side is weak at best. The amount of rebounds he gives up is nothing to sneeze at either.

A goalie is there to give his team a chance to win and he did that.
The stats are there to show he is very good at giving his team a chance to win game 7s.
When you score exactly 0 goals your goalie will not win you anything.

Re: his glove side, "weak at best" is false IMO. It is his weakest point, but I would say he's average.
He makes some great glove saves, and gives up some weak goals from there, but glove side is usually a vulnerable spot for most goalies.

Re: rebounds, can you remember how many rebound goals he gave up this playoffs?
Very few actually, I'm having a hard time recalling rebound goals. In fact, out of 21 goals Tampa scored, only 1 was a rebound, the 6th goal in a 6-2 game.

Same goes for caps and pens series. Don't know what you're talking about.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 01, 2015, 08:25:04 AM »

You can tell by my posts that I am no rag fan and relish at the chance to defame the queen.
But to blame this game 7 on Henrietta, when the rest of the team lays a big goose egg on the scoreboard, is not being fair, to say the least.

I don't think that anyone is saying Bishop is not a good goalie, but he isn't in the same league as the queen.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 01, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
Time to make your predictions!
Who will win and why?

I pick lightning in 6, not because they just beat the Rangers, but for a few reasons.

Lightning have an explosive offense. They led the league in scoring this year and they scored in bunches all playoffs long. Blackhawks also have great scoring, but I give Tampa the edge.

Defensively the Blackhawks are only playing 4 real defenseman, that will hurt big time against an explosive team. Look what they did to the Rangers defense that has been considered top 2 all year. Tampa defense is nothing special either, though they can clamp down and play a boring clogged up game and give up no goals.

Goaltending is a coin toss. I don't think any goalie will win or lose the series for their team, unless one of them suddenly gets hot or cold.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »
Time to make your predictions!
Who will win and why?

I pick lightning in 6, not because they just beat the Rangers, but for a few reasons.

Lightning have an explosive offense. They led the league in scoring this year and they scored in bunches all playoffs long. Blackhawks also have great scoring, but I give Tampa the edge.

Defensively the Blackhawks are only playing 4 real defenseman, that will hurt big time against an explosive team. Look what they did to the Rangers defense that has been considered top 2 all year.[/u] Tampa defense is nothing special either, though they can clamp down and play a boring clogged up game and give up no goals.

Goaltending is a coin toss. I don't think any goalie will win or lose the series for their team, unless one of them suddenly gets hot or cold.

And what stats do you have to back up that statement????
Even before McDonough broke his foot, he was being exposed and giving up key goals in games.
Let alone Girardi and Staal are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:49 AM »
And what stats do you have to back up that statement????
Even before McDonough broke his foot, he was being exposed and giving up key goals in games.
Let alone Girardi and Staal are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

What stats?
It's the universal opinion of dozens of people that I've read.
Nashville and NYR are considered 1 and 2 on most people's lists.
They are both loaded with talented defenseman.
Not being biased at all, but tell me who has a better defense.

Mcdonagh, Girardi and Staal are all excellent defenseman, top 2-3 on any other team.
So mcdonagh had some tough games, it happens to anyone and it also happens when you're playing teams loaded with talent, they tend to make you look foolish. Think about all these players historically vqs the top players in the league. No one defends Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin better than the 3 mentioned here.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 01, 2015, 12:57:46 PM »
What stats?
It's the universal opinion of dozens of people that I've read.
Nashville and NYR are considered 1 and 2 on most people's lists.
They are both loaded with talented defenseman.
Not being biased at all, but tell me who has a better defense.

Mcdonagh, Girardi and Staal are all excellent defenseman, top 2-3 on any other team.
So mcdonagh had some tough games, it happens to anyone and it also happens when you're playing teams loaded with talent, they tend to make you look foolish. Think about all these players historically vqs the top players in the league. No one defends Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin better than the 3 mentioned here.

Nashville, Chicago, Boston, Tampa Bay and New York Islanders come to mind.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 01, 2015, 01:23:14 PM »
Nashville, Chicago, Boston, Tampa Bay and New York Islanders come to mind.

Well I disagree.
None of those teams have the depth the Rangers have. 
The islanders barely play D. They have a few dmen that can score but do not play well defensively. Similar with Tampa. Boston didn't even make the playoffs.
Hawks have great D but I still think predators and rangers have better D. But it's debatable.

And btw, this explains a bit:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NYRangers/status/605414058553176065

Eta: How many of those teams would have Boyle, Yandle or Klien on the 3rd pairing?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:48:17 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline Malachi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 01, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
Chicago in 6. They seem to have guys who get it done. I would take Patrick Kane over Sidney Crosby any day of the week. Please don't give me generation talent @yuneeq, what has Crosby done in the last 5 years in the playoffs? Nothing.
Denny Crane

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 01, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »
You can tell by my posts that I am no rag fan and relish at the chance to defame the queen.
But to blame this game 7 on Henrietta, when the rest of the team lays a big goose egg on the scoreboard, is not being fair, to say the least.

I don't think that anyone is saying Bishop is not a good goalie, but he isn't in the same league as the queen.
I am not blaming him for game seven but he did give up soft goals. If he is the goalie everyone says he is then the rangers should have won in 6. My point from the beginning has been to much is put on the goalies.

Michal Rozsival is not even one of the Hawks top defensemen but his injury meant a ton to the Hawks. A lot more than the excellent play of Crawford.