Topic Wiki

IT'S IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND HOW REWARD BOOKINGS WORK BEFORE YOU TRANSACT.

1.   Marriott certificates can be used for any reservation that can be booked with points. To search for reward availability simply go to marriott.com and check the box to search "using points".
Marriott hotels are divided into categories. (Cheapest being category one)

What room types can you book?
You can book any STANDARD room that's available at marriott.com using reward points with no cap on the number of points. (standard room means it not an upgraded room. Every hotel lists their rooms differently, In some hotels, the standard room may even include suites)
To check, go to marriott.com and search for rooms. Make sure to check the option "Use Points/Certificates".

If it says:
Redemption - You can book that room no matter how many points it is
Redemption with Cash Upgrade - You can book however, the cert will cover the basic portion you will need to pay the additional cash upgrade fee.
Redemption with Points Upgrade - You cannot book using a certificate

2.   There are a few different types of certificates. Seven/five night certificates are the hotel portion of "Marriott travel packages" that the owner does not want or need anymore (google Marriott packages to learn more about them). Individuals many times buy these packages just to receive the airline miles and don’t end up using the hotel portion of the package. There are also single night certs given to account holders for holding a Marriott brand credit card

3.   A 7/5night-night certificate must be used for 7 consecutive nights. The reservation cannot be split up.

4.   In order to hold the room, you need a credit card. Your card will be kept for incidentals and you won't be charged for the room.

5.   MUST be booked BOOK 30 Days in Advance. THIS IS A TECHNICAL GLITCH WHICH MARRIOTT CLAIMS TO BE FIXING, HOWEVER, ITS MORE THAN A YEAR THAT THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE. In order to book with a certificate, reps must create the reservation as a points advance and then attach the cert. Marriott recently made a new rule that reservations made within 30 days aren’t eligible for points advance. If the account, you are booking with has enough points to cover the reservation you can book it as regular points and have the rep detach the points and attach the certificate.

6.   Travel package certs must be booked over the phone. Single night certs can be booked online

7.   The certificate sits on the account holders account and the elite night credits are officially credited to them. There is no way to transfer those stays to your account.

8.   If you are the traveler do not call Marriott reservations. This reservation is in someone else's account and calling may result in his/her account getting audited and the reservation canceled.

9.   The certificate covers the cost of the reservation including tax but does NOT include any resort fees, parking, and incidentals (for example food charged to the room)

10.   It's not possible to entirely remove the certificate owner from the reservation but your name is added as a secondary guest and a special code is added (M8 code) to inform the hotel that this reservation is in fact gifted to you. The hotels are very much aware of this.

You should be able to check-in as you would to a regular reservation with your own ID. You will need to provide a credit card to cover any incidentals, resort fees, and parking fees if there are any.

11.   You cannot add your Marriott account number to the reservation and generally, the hotel will go by the status on our account (which may be silver or gold at the time of check-in) however, it depends very much on the front desk rep at the time of check-in

12. Certs cannot be combined - e.g. you can't combine two 35k certificates to book a 60k room.

13. The "free fifth night" only applies to points bookings, not certificates.

See post #5805 for a history of bid/ask on these 1/5/7 night certificates of different levels
« Last edited by David61 on November 16, 2022, 12:09:46 PM »

Author Topic: Marriott Certs Sale  (Read 1769991 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Marriott Certs Sale
« Reply #8340 on: January 18, 2022, 06:15:50 PM »
Selling 35k certificates gold elite - $130 each
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline vgtest1980

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: January 19, 2022, 09:25:44 AM »
Selling 1 x 35k cert @$130. DM me if interested
Traded with @simplicity

Offline simplicity

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #8342 on: January 19, 2022, 10:45:13 AM »
Buying 4x25k/35k certs $400 obo plz pm

Online steve_z

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Air Plat, Marriott Titanium, Ritz Carlton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, MLife Gold, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, American Express Platinum
« Reply #8343 on: January 19, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »
Marriott Statement (This sucks) :

"The popularity of Travel Packages has been steadily decreasing. With the introduction of flexible point redemption rates sometime in March and the elimination of hotel categories, we can no longer offer Travel Packages.

For members who have a current Travel Package certificate attached to a reservation, they can rest assured their package will be honored, and no additional action is required. However, if they need to make any modifications after March 2, 2022, they will need to contact Member Support and an associate will refund the total hotel portion in points.*

Members who have purchased a Travel Package but have not yet attached their Travel Package Certificate to a reservation, must contact Member Support by February 28, 2022. for assistance in attaching their certificate. If a member does not attach their Travel Package Certificate to a reservation by that date, the certificate will be cancelled, and the total hotel portion will be refunded to your account as points.*"

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?
If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:  If you desire to make any changes to your Reservation after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which, you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award.

If you have a Travel Package Award that isn’t attached to a Reservation yet, you should contact Member Support by February 28, 2022 to attach your award to a Reservation. If your Travel Package Award remains unattached after February 28, 2022, the Hotel portion of your Travel Package Award will be automatically canceled and refunded in full to your Marriott Bonvoy® Account in Points on March 1, 2022.

Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalty-customer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Please Note: The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation between January 19, 2022 and February 28, 2022?
You may modify or cancel a Travel Package Award redemption Reservation up until February 28, 2022 by contacting Member Support.

Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalty-customer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

After February 28, 2022, if a Travel Package Award is not attached to a Reservation, the Travel Package Award will be automatically converted to Marriott Bonvoy® Points on March 1, 2022 which will be deposited into the Member’s Marriott Bonvoy® Account.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?
If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalty-customer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?
Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:24:58 AM by steve_z »

Offline josepexx BH

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Platinum, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold.
« Reply #8344 on: January 19, 2022, 02:00:42 PM »
Update

Account 1:
selling 1x 35k certificates gold elite - $120 each.

Account 2:
selling 1x 35k certificates gold elite - $120 each
    +    3x 50k certificates gold elite - $240 each

50k certificates still available ?

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: January 19, 2022, 03:14:09 PM »
50k certificates still available ?

Yup, that's all I have left, 50k x 2

Offline RichardA323

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite
« Reply #8346 on: January 19, 2022, 03:55:25 PM »
Looking for one 30x night certificate for 1/29 San Diego
Please send me offers looking to buy today

Offline bw1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
« Reply #8347 on: January 19, 2022, 04:41:13 PM »
Selling 2 x 35k certs - $125 ea

Offline Mordeyj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: January 19, 2022, 07:40:27 PM »
Buying 1 35k certificates for tonight

Offline Shneur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: January 19, 2022, 07:59:09 PM »
Looking to buy four 35k nights. Pm me.

Offline pchung6

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: January 19, 2022, 09:43:42 PM »
1 Cat 8 85k Cert available for $425 (Gold Account)

1 7 Nights Cat 5 Cert available for $930 (Titanium Account) (No Longer Available)

2 Cat 5 35k Cert included Suite Night Upgrade $160 Each or $310 Both (Titanium Account)

3 Free Suite Night Upgrade Cert available

Offline josepexx BH

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Platinum, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold.
« Reply #8351 on: January 19, 2022, 10:16:32 PM »
Looking to buy
7 nights Cat 5 offering $950 OBO
7 nights Cat 6 offering $1750 OBO
If you have nightly certificates of 35k/50K for more than 4 nights same account I will be interested as well
PM me

Offline Stallion114

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Choice Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #8352 on: January 20, 2022, 08:19:56 AM »
Cat 5 7 night cert from titanium 1100

Offline ShlomoM

• View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: January 20, 2022, 11:56:48 AM »
Looking to buy cat5+ for 5 nights.

Offline Stallion114

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Choice Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #8354 on: January 20, 2022, 01:15:47 PM »
Cat 5 7 night cert from titanium 1100

SOLD

Offline David61

• View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: January 20, 2022, 03:20:01 PM »
If room is showing up as available for cash but not available for certificates, will a 7-night certificate work?

Offline crownsbroyal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: January 20, 2022, 03:22:29 PM »
If room is showing up as available for cash but not available for certificates, will a 7-night certificate work?
nope. It needs to be available with points.

Offline yissie

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: January 20, 2022, 06:47:35 PM »
Selling 35k certificates Platinum elite - $130 each
KTH

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: January 20, 2022, 11:44:38 PM »
looking for 35kcertificate for tonight in the next 20 minutes paying 130 obo

Offline greatdeals

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: January 21, 2022, 08:51:40 AM »
just beware when purchasing you may have issues
I was told i was added on as a guest I arrived at 3am and was told I
was not on reservation so can't check in I had to end up paying over $400 for a room last night
I am trying to get a hold of the person i bought it from on Dannseals to add me on for the next 2 nights of my reservation
I have to officially check out soon I don't know what I am going to do for shabbos now I can't afford to pay another 800 for the next 2 nights
please be aware of issues