Author Topic: ALASKA is shutting down your accounts and taking away points!  (Read 174135 times)

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: ALASKA is shutting down your accounts and taking away points!
« Reply #560 on: August 19, 2015, 01:44:23 AM »
Take them to small claims court.

haskama

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 19, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »

Even if the Court disallowed certain things not in the terms, the fact is BoA approved each and every card a person gets. How's that deceptive?
+1
They were practically throwing cards at us when we called to get them approved. They can't exactly claim any kind of deception when people were getting 4 cards manually approved!

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 19, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
+1
They were practically throwing cards at us when we called to get them approved. They can't exactly claim any kind of deception when people were getting 4 cards manually approved!

Hm. While they did approve many cards that were called in for, consumers did come up with the most obscure of reasons for needing them. I doubt any of these reasons were "I want the miles and will then cancel the card". So the premise under which they were willing to approve the CL was different then what the actual use was. That is what I figure they concluded when they saw people cancelling them within 60 days and not paying the AF. I would think that (to them) that seems like deception. Now whether the non existent T&C will/would hold up in court is something I do not know enough about.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 19, 2015, 09:45:44 AM »
If anyone is contemplating filling a lawsuit (not SCC) I would advise you not to talk about it with anyone except your lawyer.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 19, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
Hm. While they did approve many cards that were called in for, consumers did come up with the most obscure of reasons for needing them. I doubt any of these reasons were "I want the miles and will then cancel the card". So the premise under which they were willing to approve the CL was different then what the actual use was. That is what I figure they concluded when they saw people cancelling them within 60 days and not paying the AF. I would think that (to them) that seems like deception. Now whether the non existent T&C will/would hold up in court is something I do not know enough about.
The fact still remains that they were willing to approve many cards, without any real reasons as to why you need more cards. I've had them approve 2 at a time without asking any questions. It would be very difficult for them to claim deception then.

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 19, 2015, 02:20:55 PM »
Alaska is engaging in dishonest deceptive  and  a scam. It pretends to be  the card issuer when its not. They are shutting down accounts, taking away points  not cos we did anything  that violates any T&C but simply because  they don't want to pay for the miles we earned and redeemed for flights. They would do nothing for yrs ,would let you use the cards for your purchases  to earn miles and  when it's time to book an award, then they suddenly look at the cost and  would shut you down. They would tell you series of different lies  about T&C that never existed. For them to demand cash that is doubled the regular cost of any airfare for your award is a scam!

First it was violation of the BOA Alaska card T&C, then when they can't prove you, they would say Alaska's T&C and they still can't show where  it is and then they would lastly change their  lies to " well we can do anything we want with  the miles.

First, it was  for not paying AF, than it was for closing the card, than it is for product change. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:24:26 PM by peace123 »

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 22, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »
update:

My account shows restored with 58k miles but the 90K miles  is missing and am on phone. Alaska canceled my flight for which I used 90K miles. Remmeber they demanded me $4400 cash and I said NO.

I emailed them with legal action if they don't reopen my account.
 They have yet to receive my CFPB complaint.

I will take action until they reopen my account with all the miles I had and send me a letter or confirmation stating they wouldn't  shut down, cancel  any future awards.
UPDATE:

Spoke to a supervisor and she says she can just research later.

Lets see
I once again threatened legal action and told her this  would be my last option if my miles is not returned & account fully restored
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:57:19 PM by peace123 »

Offline MosheD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 22, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
The irony of your username. Even peaxe123 has to fight a little sometimes...

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 23, 2015, 01:12:47 AM »
The irony of your username. Even peaxe123 has to fight a little sometimes...
its more like fighting for peace, and that's the story of the world ;)
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 23, 2015, 01:15:22 AM »
In short "Peace Through Strength"

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 23, 2015, 01:37:35 AM »
Honestly I am fighting back for many of you and not just for myself. I have zero doubt  they would do to at least some of you what they did to me and few others.

Their only defense at this time for shut down, award cancelations and  auditing accounts is" we cando what we want with your miles and when we want with your miles". Their reason for shut downs, award cancelations and account auditing used to be  some  " violation of T&C"   of the BOA issued Alaska card and  than Alaska airline's mileage plan T&C.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:42:02 AM by peace123 »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 23, 2015, 01:47:06 AM »
Honestly I am fighting back for many of you and not just for myself. I have zero doubt  they would do to at least some of you what they did to me and few others.

Their only defense at this time for shut down, award cancelations and  auditing accounts is" we cando what we want with your miles and when we want with your miles". Their reason for shut downs, award cancelations and account auditing used to be  some  " violation of T&C"   of the BOA issued Alaska card and  than Alaska airline's mileage plan T&C.
We appreciate the fight you are putting up but lets not get carried away here. They are doing this now because they feel they were scammed. You can agree or disagree but lets get real here.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 23, 2015, 01:53:20 AM »
We appreciate the fight you are putting up but lets not get carried away here. They are doing this now because they feel they were scammed. You can agree or disagree but lets get real here.
------

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 23, 2015, 01:53:52 AM »

No where in T&C of the  BOA issued Alaska card or Alaska's mileage plan account , does it say what I did was a scam. It is not even close.

If it is, they should have included that in T&C.   You can't scam me just cos you didn't want to honor the award flights I booked.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 23, 2015, 01:56:34 AM »
No where in T&C of the  BOA issued Alaska card or Alaska's mileage plan account , does it say what I did was a scam. It is not even close.
I did not say it did nor did I say you scammed them.

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 23, 2015, 07:45:02 AM »

If it is, they should have included that in T&C.   You can't scam me just cos you didn't want to honor the award flights I booked.

Wouldn't be surprised in this being in it going forward...
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Siliconvalley

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 23, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
If Alaska does not like what people are doing , They can tell BOA to change the T&C that can prevent people applying many cards or getting many times bonuses like the other banks have done . It is very simple . If you are playing the game and flowing the bank rules , you are ok .

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • CardCenter - Discounted gift cards
ALASKA is shutting down your accounts and taking away points!
« Reply #577 on: August 24, 2015, 09:23:02 PM »
I've opened up many AS cards for myself, and my wife, and downgraded all of them. I probably going to be booking 2 EK F award with AS. Now I just got to pray, and hope for the best.
My question is if, if they make issues, will the tickets go back into inventory, so I can then try to book the award with my spouses account ?
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 24, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »
I've opened up many AS cards for myself, and my wife, and downgraded all of them. I probably going to be booking 2 EK F award with AS. Now I just got to pray, and hope for the best.
My question is if, if they make issues, will the tickets go back into inventory, so I can then try to book the award with my spouses account ?
After I refused to pay  $4400 for the 90K AS miles i used for flight, they  canceled the flight and took away 90K AS miles . I earned those miles in 2013 and paid the fee and kept the card open for more than a year and downgraded one.

They will  scam you but if you fight back , you will be fine in the end. The reason they get away with shut down and award cancelations is because  some let them do what they want.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:08:44 PM by peace123 »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #579 on: August 24, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
After I refused to pay  $4400 for the 90K AS miles i used for flight, they  canceled the flight and took away 90K AS miles . I earned those miles in 2013 and paid the fee and kept the card open for more than a year and downgraded one.

They will  scam you but if you fight back , you will be fine in the end. The reason they get away with shut down and award cancelations is because  some let them do what they want.

...something to report?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper