Author Topic: Application denied due to 'Identity reasons'  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Application denied due to 'Identity reasons'
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »
To make a long story short, I applied (on my wife's behalf) for a Sapphire Reserve CC. I followed up the next day and they told me to send a bill or government ID showing name, DOB, and address. Since my wife's name on her license is still her maiden name, I also sent in a copy of our marriage certificate (since I filled out the application with her married name).
I followed up with them several times. One time they said that a supervisor will have to call me back within an hour. Nobody called me. The next day I called and they said that the application was denied for identity problems. I asked what that means. She said she can't give me any more info and just recommends I reapply. I asked to speak to a supervisor so I could find out what 'identity problems' mean. She said ok and put me on hold but then the line went dead. I then applied again for the card in my wife's maiden name.
I called yesterday afternoon Chase reconsideration department. They looked at the app and said it was denied by the fraud department (not credit department) and I have to speak to them. He transferred me. I explained the situation and I got the same response (that it was denied for identity problems). She transferred me to a supervisor who listened me out and then said that she's going to put me on hold for a minute or two while she checks to see if she could approve the application (she asked me several security questions). I'm on hold for about 15 minutes and then at exactly 8pm (when the fraud department closes), I get  disconnected again.
Anybody else have a similar experience?
What's the best way to proceed? Is there an email address I could complain to and/or to get the app approved? Is there an USA based fraud department or just the oversea people I keep speaking to (even the supervisor was foreign)? And if yes, will it help if I speak to them instead?
Is my wife going to have 2 credit pulls?

TIA

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Application denied due to 'Identity reasons'
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
Yes there will be two credit pulls, try calling again by day, give it another chance.

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 12:19:03 PM »
Yes there will be two credit pulls, try calling again by day, give it another chance.
+1

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 12:27:16 PM »
I'm not sure why you stopped calling.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
I'm not sure why you stopped calling.
Because I need TIME. It also complicates it because I use an app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telestar.voicechangeip&hl=en to call so that I could sound somewhat like a woman and I need to keep buying minutes for that.
But if people think that if I keep calling it might help, I will keep calling. Thanks all for your help.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Application denied due to 'Identity reasons'
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
Because I need TIME. It also complicates it because I use an app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telestar.voicechangeip&hl=en to call so that I could sound somewhat like a woman and I need to keep buying minutes for that.
That's a bad idea. And yes, of course calling again will help.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »
But if people think that if I keep calling it might help, I will keep calling. Thanks all for your help.
I think the person on the other side can see it's a machine talking and not a real person... they are trained for this

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
I think the person on the other side can see it's a machine talking and not a real person... they are trained for this
You think so? So I'm just wasting my $$?

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 01:02:18 PM »
So I'm just wasting my $$?
Yes, have your wife authorise you to talk to them in her behalf.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »
Having a banker that knows you call to verify the identity and veracity of the applicant can be helpful IME, if applicable.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ