Author Topic: Tucker/Putin Interview  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Tucker/Putin Interview
« on: February 09, 2024, 04:27:31 PM »
I think it deserves its own thread.

For those that watched the full interview, Did your mind change or shift even a little in any way?

For me I still think Putin is evil and KGB like. Yet I do think that we are being pushed a narrative that fits the U.S.' and there is a lot more that they don't want us to know or believe
#TYH

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Tucker/Putin Interview
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 04:57:53 PM »
I didn't find it all that compelling. Tucker totally lost control of the interview.
Putin gave a rambling screed/manifesto worthy of a dictator. I gained some perspective into his warped mindset, but he mostly griped about past slights and evaded giving real answers.

At least Tucker asked about Gershkovich, but you can tell from that answer just how disingenuous Putin is.

I wish Tucker would have pushed Putin to answer why he doesn't stick up for Israel's historical homeland, given his thousands of years old history of looking at land ownership.

The right is gobbling the interview up because they can pin this war on Biden. Had it happened during the Trump admin, they would be all for the war.

But the fact that bad actors like Jackson Hinkle are loving it, tells you all you need to know.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:36:20 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 02:23:30 PM »
I wish Tucker would have pushed Putin to answer why he doesn't stick up for Israel's historical homeland, given his thousands of years old history of looking at land ownership.

I used to be a massive fan of tucker ever since OCT 7 i realized how much he hates jews

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 03:01:36 PM »
I used to be a massive fan of tucker ever since OCT 7 i realized how much he hates jews
???
What made you think that (disclaimer, i never listened to anything of his in my life...)?

I know that many people, especially MAGA people, have this "america first" attitude that makes them want america stay away from foreign affairs. It's not anti-semetic, just anti everything. Does tucker have this attitude?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 09:50:11 PM »
???
What made you think that (disclaimer, i never listened to anything of his in my life...)?

I know that many people, especially MAGA people, have this "america first" attitude that makes them want america stay away from foreign affairs. It's not anti-semetic, just anti everything. Does tucker have this attitude?
He’s a (recently less) closeted anti-Semite. Similar to Candace Owens, Glenn Greenwald, etc.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 09:55:17 PM »
I didn't find it all that compelling. Tucker totally lost control of the interview.
Putin gave a rambling screed/manifesto worthy of a dictator. I gained some perspective into his warped mindset, but he mostly griped about past slights and evaded giving real answers.

At least Tucker asked about Gershkovich, but you can tell from that answer just how disingenuous Putin is.

The right is gobbling the interview up because they can pin this war on Biden. Had it happened during the Trump admin, they would be all for the war.

But the fact that bad actors like Jackson Hinkle are loving it, tells you all you need to know.
Regarding Israel I was wondering the same.  Based off Putins logic the whole time he should be 100% pro Israel

#TYH

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 10:00:02 PM »
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 10:14:18 PM »
Regarding Israel I was wondering the same.  Based off Putins logic the whole time he should be 100% pro Israel
Which sums up all you need to know about his deeply intelligent philosophy that's being praised by MAGA on X.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 10:21:42 PM »
deeply intelligent philosophy that's being praised by MAGA on X.
the real connoisseurs.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 11:03:28 PM »
I saw Chris Wallace point out that he did not ask any of the tough questions
Why did he invade a Sovereign country?
Why is he committing war crimes?
Why is he targeting civilians?
Why all his opponents end up dead?
Why there is no fair elections...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 11:08:52 PM »
I saw Chris Wallace point out that he did not ask any of the tough questions
Why did he invade a Sovereign country?
Why is he committing war crimes?
Why is he targeting civilians?
Why all his opponents end up dead?
Why there is no fair elections...

Correct. His only "tough" question was about Gershkovich, which Putin brushed away.

Offline can

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA GOLD. AC 25K. Hertz PC. National EE.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2024, 11:41:54 PM »
if anyone wants to download the audio here is the link
traffic.megaphone.fm/RSV8547928842.mp3

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 12:12:30 AM »

"France has no friends, only interests"

“We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow.”

Putin gets this, as does Netanyahu. I'm not sure the DNC or RNC get this.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 06:01:18 PM »
???

Can we agree that this about US support for Israel goes far beyond "wanting America to stay away from foreign affairs?

If you see a nation with awesome power abetting war for its own sake, you have a leadership that has no moral authority, that is illegitimate

Link - https://jewishinsider.com/2024/02/asked-why-u-s-continues-to-back-israel-tucker-carlson-says-u-s-spreading-destruction-for-its-own-sake/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 09:02:59 AM »
Alexei Navalny
Tucker Carlson will gladly accept Putin's explanation that he died of natural causes. Just like Prigozhin.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 10:00:12 AM »
I did not watch the interview, and I can't imagine anything would compell me to. I did see a clip of Tucker in a Russian grocery store being amazed at the idea of paying a deposit to use a shopping cart which gets returned when you return the cart. Like furreal, his whole appeal is being a populist man of the people sort, not conservative, liberal, etc. How has he never been to a store or airport that has that?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 10:23:04 AM »
I did not watch the interview, and I can't imagine anything would compell me to. I did see a clip of Tucker in a Russian grocery store being amazed at the idea of paying a deposit to use a shopping cart which gets returned when you return the cart. Like furreal, his whole appeal is being a populist man of the people sort, not conservative, liberal, etc. How has he never been to a store or airport that has that?
He was also shocked that $400 of groceries in the US cost $100 in Russia, and how mad we should be at our leaders for allowing that to happen.

But he ignored the fact that Russians spend 40% of their income on food while US citizens spend 11%.

So dumb, trying to, like you said, be a man of the people while ignoring reality.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline DaasTora

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2024, 10:42:22 AM »
He was also shocked that $400 of groceries in the US cost $100 in Russia, and how mad we should be at our leaders for allowing that to happen.

But he ignored the fact that Russians spend 40% of their income on food while US citizens spend 11%.

So dumb, trying to, like you said, be a man of the people while ignoring reality.
And that’s besides the fact that there’s way less groceries to spend money on in Russia. I recall seeing pictures of empty shelves in grocery stores there.
It’s sad that Putin got to give a one sided rant to the world. I spoke to people that were enamored with his claims but had no idea what percentage of Russia has no running water and electricity. Propaganda at its best!

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2024, 11:04:58 AM »
I recall seeing pictures of empty shelves in grocery stores there.

Recently?

Also, you may have noticed the US experiencing that pretty recently.

I spoke to people that were enamored with his claims but had no idea what percentage of Russia has no running water and electricity. Propaganda at its best!

How is this relevant to anything in the interview? Putin gave his perspective on the history that led to the current war.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 11:10:11 AM by zh cohen »