Author Topic: Which Flight Should I Take?  (Read 94757 times)

Offline sruly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Which Flight Should I Take?
« Reply #460 on: January 16, 2024, 12:54:44 PM »
JFK-DOH 8:20pm - 4:45pm (Qsuite)
DOH-ALA 7:05pm - 2:30am (not lie flat).
70k AA +$44

Or

JFK-FRA Singapore 815pm - 9:50am.
FRA-ALA Lufthansa 12:00pm - 12:15am.
Arrives 2 hours earlier and both flights lie flat
90k AC + $100

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:01:19 PM by sruly »

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 16, 2024, 01:01:36 PM »
Option B with both lie flat -tough after long trip switching to regular seat (even for short flight) esp. late night.
also this is personal but Id pay extra not to fly Qatar in this climate.

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #462 on: March 29, 2024, 05:19:12 AM »
According to TT, list of airports to possibly leave extra layover time:
ATL, DFW, ORD, DEN, LAX, NYC (JFK, LGA, EWR), IAD.
Internationally: BKK, FRA, IST, LHR ("Might be the worst airport to transit through, period"), MAD, CDG
https://thriftytraveler.com/guides/travel/airport-connection-times/
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Shmelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: Yesterday at 03:30:30 PM »
About to book a ~$1200 Delta flight for a JFK-LAS round trip. Which is the better value for me?

A: Use 106k Delta Skymiles (15% off the full miles price due to having the Delta Amex), and not accrue any more miles
B: Use 92k Chase Ultimate Rewards (25% off the full UR price due to booking through Chase), and therefore accrue miles and enough MQDs to get me to Silver Medallion
C: Other (I also have Cap1 and Amex)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: Yesterday at 03:55:48 PM »
About to book a ~$1200 Delta flight for a JFK-LAS round trip. Which is the better value for me?

A: Use 106k Delta Skymiles (15% off the full miles price due to having the Delta Amex), and not accrue any more miles
B: Use 92k Chase Ultimate Rewards (25% off the full UR price due to booking through Chase), and therefore accrue miles and enough MQDs to get me to Silver Medallion
C: Other (I also have Cap1 and Amex)
20% off. unless this really just your only UR Redemption for the next yr or so or you don’t have more UR, you may want to get a CSR. Even if it is, I personally would do it. Even if you don’t want to downgrade right after redeeming. It’s effectively 155 assuming you currently have a sapphire preferred (unless your bonus 25% is from an ink preferred). 550-300 towards travel and 95 you anyway pay for on a preferred.you be saving slightly just on this redemption alone.(That’s besides $15 monthly towards Instacart if you use that or any other benefits)

For delta points, it’s not the worst redemption but you can do a bit better unless you barely ever fly Delta, I’d try for a bit of a better rate. Assuming you do, if you value medallion. You earn MQD on delta points btw.

Don’t use cap1 for this.

What Amex? If Business Plat and airline set to Delta or if it’s a business seat, regardless of airline selection, and the price matches up, then use the Plat for 35% back.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:10:54 PM by baron »