Author Topic: Ask a Lubavitcher Anything  (Read 297729 times)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: Ask a Lubavitcher Anything
« Reply #2180 on: December 30, 2022, 09:53:48 AM »
Question:

Why is Lubavitch the only chassidus still wearing a chip on their shoulders with regards to the old machlokes with the litvaks centuries ago?

I mean, we all come from chassidesen where some were affected by the fight more than others and it's a long forgotten subject that is never even mentioned.

This question isn't lekanter.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #2181 on: December 30, 2022, 09:58:43 AM »
Question:

Why is Lubavitch the only chassidus still wearing a chip on their shoulders with regards to the old machlokes with the litvaks centuries ago?

I mean, we all come from chassidesen where some were affected by the fight more than others and it's a long forgotten subject that is never even mentioned.

Did you stop beating your wife?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2182 on: December 30, 2022, 10:12:09 AM »
Question:

Do lubavitchers have the chip, or do some like to keep the fight against lubavitch going through the ages?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #2183 on: December 30, 2022, 10:17:26 AM »
Do lubavitchers have the chip, or do some like to keep the fight against lubavitch going through the ages?

Can you expand on this?

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #2184 on: December 30, 2022, 10:29:19 AM »
Can you expand on this?

Why is it on Dan to expand on a premise you posited?

Offline Pony

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 30, 2022, 10:31:43 AM »

I grew up and lived my whole life in Lakewood. This has not been a thing since back to the last years of the rebbes life. Honestly, nobody cares about having "the fight against Lubavitch". It's a non issue and has been so for the last 25 years or so.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2186 on: December 30, 2022, 10:36:58 AM »
Can you expand on this?
I went to a litvak school where I saw rabbeim openly mocking the passing of the Rebbe on gimmel tamuz.
The jokes about Chabad being the closest religion to Judaism were endless and became more brutal as the years went on.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 30, 2022, 10:38:44 AM »
I grew up and lived my whole life in Lakewood. This has not been a thing since back to the last years of the rebbes life. Honestly, nobody cares about having "the fight against Lubavitch". It's a non issue and has been so for the last 25 years or so.
This is like when secular Jews say they have never experience anti-semitism, so it must be exaggerated.

At PTC, Rafi had a rebbe that told my wife and I that he would put a picture of the Rebbe up with the other gedolim on the wall, but he didn't want to offend anyone. ::)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2188 on: December 30, 2022, 10:41:10 AM »
My first time ever in Lakewood, I was in BMG as a visiting 8th grader and someone said let's beat up the lubabitcher and took some weak swing at me. But I do agree it's getting better BH.

DDF is a great sign of Jews getting along fwiw, and I love it.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Pony

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 30, 2022, 10:41:44 AM »
I went to a litvak school where I saw rabbeim openly mocking the passing of the Rebbe on gimmel tamuz.
The jokes about Chabad being the closest religion to Judaism were endless and became more brutal as the years went on.

Sorry about your experience. My current experience is that my son has Lubavitcher boys in his class (Lakewood yeshiva) who he is friendly with. Also buddies with a Lubavitcher kid in shul. Maybe my timeline was off but today, nobody cares to harp on the past machlokes.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2190 on: December 30, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »
Sorry about your experience. My current experience is that my son has Lubavitcher boys in his class (Lakewood yeshiva) who he is friendly with. Also buddies with a Lubavitcher kid in shul. Maybe my timeline was off but today, nobody cares to harp on the past machlokes.
BH!

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #2191 on: December 30, 2022, 10:47:37 AM »

Thank G-d that's your experience. I can tell you it's not my experience in the slightest, and I'm not going to list the things I've seen/heard because there is no point in rehashing, especially as it really is improving tremendously.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: December 30, 2022, 10:48:13 AM »
I live in a city where the local vaad will allow any meat to be used in restaurants, except for CH"K certified meat.
You also would never find CH"K meat in a Lakewood restaurant either, from what I understand it's not allowed there either.

Please don't lecture me on sinas lubavitch being a thing that only existed in the olden days.
Yes, it's improving. Yes, my son doesn't get harassed like I did. That's great. But it exists bigly.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2193 on: December 30, 2022, 10:49:09 AM »
This is like when secular Jews say they have never experience anti-semitism, so it must be exaggerated.

At PTC, Rafi had a rebbe that told my wife and I that he would put a picture of the Rebbe up with the other gedolim on the wall, but he didn't want to offend anyone. ::)

I live in a city where the local vaad will allow any meat, except for CH"K certified meat.
You also would never find CH"K meat in a Lakewood restaurant either, from what I understand it's not allowed there either.

Please don't lecture me on sinas lubavitch being a thing that only existed in the olden days.

Where is that pros and cons of where you live thread?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: December 30, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
especially as it really is improving tremendously.
Agreed. The new generation is certainly more open minded. Especially if they travel and rely on Chabad Houses, though I've heard disgusting things said in those Chabad Houses that they're relying on which boggles my mind.

Offline Pony

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: December 30, 2022, 10:52:30 AM »
I live in a city where the local vaad will allow any meat, except for CH"K certified meat.

Again, I can only speak of my own experience. I attended an out of town yeshiva led by one of the most prominent talmidim of Reb Ahron. They served David Elliot meat with CHK hechsher. Agav, there was also a talmid of the yeshiva who lives locally and is a staunch Lubavitcher chasid who wouldn't miss a single one of the Rosh Yeshivsa shalosh seudas drashos, but I digress...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: December 30, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »

LOL

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: December 30, 2022, 10:53:10 AM »
Again, I can only speak of my own experience. I attended an out of town yeshiva led by one of the most prominent talmidim of Reb Ahron. They served David Elliot meat with CHK hechsher. Agav, there was also a talmid of the yeshiva who lives locally and is a staunch Lubavitcher chasid who wouldn't miss a single one of the Rosh Yeshivsa shalosh seudas drashos, but I digress...
David Elliot is chicken, not meat.
I'm talking about Shor Habor meat, etc. You won't find that in a CLE or Lakewood restaurant or take out counter.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: December 30, 2022, 10:53:57 AM »
#ChabadLivesMatter is now trending on DDF.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #2199 on: December 30, 2022, 10:57:20 AM »

Touche, though it would be funnier if the list of other cities where the same or worse happens wasn't so long.