Topic Wiki

*Hint* It's most likely not a deal.
« Last edited by username on July 14, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »

Author Topic: Scam or Deal  (Read 58768 times)

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Scam or Deal
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2024, 12:00:36 PM »
Apparently a scam, they just charged my card again, and still no sign of the merchandise.
::) ::) ::)
it could be such a good deal that they want you to get it many times!
don't challenge the charges until they charge it at least 5 times and you still didnt recieve the goods...

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2024, 02:58:54 AM »
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
IRS Information Center
Internal Revenue Service Headquarters Building.
1111 Constitution Ave. NW Washington, DC 20224,
United States.
https://www.irs.gov

Attention Funds Beneficiary/ Email Owner,

No Advance Fee. Receive Your Funds Freely.

Please be advised that The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs) informed us that your two boxes shipment which includes an International ATM Gold Card had been intercepted at JFK Airport, New York. The boxes were scanned and they contained large sums of money ($15 Million USD), also with some backup documents that bear your name as the Beneficiary / Receiver.After a thorough investigation, the diplomat who brought the boxes into the United States claimed he was supposed to deliver the money to your home as an unpaid fund from a foreign country.

The law in the United States mandates that any cash exceeding $10,000 should be reported to U.S. Customs and Border Protection upon arrival using Form 6059B and FinCEN 105. Nevertheless, the diplomat disregarded the Cash Boxes, by doing so, he broke the United States Cash Currency law, and if you don't comply with our instructions, your Cash Boxes and the International ATM Gold Card might be seized.
INSTRUCTIONS:
In order for you to get your $15 Million USD freely without paying any advance fee to anyone. You are instructed to visit our official website https://www.irs.gov and create an account with ID.me and verify it via text to Self-Service.

DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO CREATE  ID.ME ACCOUNT.
Visit government website:  https://www.irs.gov
Click:Sign in to your account
Click the: Individual(Sign in to Online Account)
Then Click:Create An Accountwith ID.me and Verify it via text to Self-Service.
If you have an account already. Then Sign in with an existing account of ID.me and Verify it via text to Self-Service

Upon completion of the  ID.me  account creation and verification process. Please send the  ID.me Username Email and Password  to (Mr.Frank Gregory Clark), he will fund your  ID.me  account with $15 million USD, and he will email you the instructions on how to transfer the $15 million USD from  ID.me wallet addres

Send your ID.me Username Email and Password to the processing Officer below, for him to Load your ($15,000,000.00) Dollars.

Contact Email: frankgregoryclark@gmail.com
Phone Number: +1 (614) 391-0457
WhatsApp Number: +1 (804) 534-7182

I am awaiting your response.

Yours In Service,
Dr. Steve Paul
IRS Information Center
Washington, DC.

Offline Kmusic22

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Bmg
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2024, 03:04:50 AM »
If you want to know if you should give your id.me password, DO NOT.
Not sure what this email is in regards to, but we were always told to never give out our passwords.
We’re you/them expecting to receive this $15,000,000?

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2024, 03:09:34 AM »
If you want to know if you should give your id.me password, DO NOT.
Not sure what this email is in regards to, but we were always told to never give out our passwords.
We’re you/them expecting to receive this $15,000,000?
I received this email in spam but hey, who knows, maybe its real!

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2024, 03:31:12 AM »

Seems perfectly legit to me, you can't spoof the IRS.gov website.

I'm just curious why they'd have a Dr doing the emailing, not some underpaid secretary. Maybe he's Nigerian.

Offline Kmusic22

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Bmg
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2024, 03:50:49 AM »
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
IRS Information Center
United States.

Please be advised that The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs) informed us that your two boxes shipment” (seems like wrong grammar) which includes an International ATM Gold Card had been intercepted at JFK Airport, New York. The boxes were scanned and they contained large sums of money ($15 Million USD), also with some backup documents that bear your name as the Beneficiary / Receiver.After a thorough investigation, the diplomat who brought the boxes into the United States claimed he was supposed to deliver the money to your home as an unpaid fund from a foreign country.

Yours In Service,
Dr. Steve Paul
IRS Information Center
Washington, DC.
Besides what I highlighted in the supposed email, they didn’t spoof the irs, rather told you to go to the irs website, open an id.me account, and let this random “ Mr.Frank Gregory Clark” know your password.

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2024, 09:48:41 PM »
So help me out here.
A friend shared this deal from one of these amazon affiliate whatsapp status deal people
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9QFRBXP Microsoft Surface Pro 9 for under $700. As far as I know, that's a great deal, some further checking shows that the price beats the previous Amazon low by like $350.
I'm always wary of 3rd party sellers on amazon for brand name expensive electronics, so I take a look, and it's sold by SGD Electronics Store ( https://www.amazon.com/sp?ie=UTF8&seller=A24GC2LYXAAG22 ) and the amazon seller link shows they're from China. They have 90 reviews in the last year, 88% positive, which is less and lower than I'd like.

I read through the reviews, and most are for a blanket. I don't see any for laptops, though I didn't read all of them.
Next we head over to their storefront https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A24GC2LYXAAG22&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER and find that they have 7 products for sale: a blanket, four articles of clothing, and two high-value popular brand-name electronics.

So, if I'm guessing this scam correctly, they sell a bunch of cheap items to establish their seller profile, then they offer a few high dollar items, eventually get shut down, and then restart the process with a different name.

My questions are:
1) Do I have the mechanics correct, and is this a scam?
2) How do they pull it off if it's fulfilled by amazon? what object is actually being shipped out?
3) How much blame does this amazon affiliate WhatsApp status "deals" guy get, and should I call him out publicly?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 07:32:33 AM by jj1000 »

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2024, 01:35:10 AM »
So help me out here.

3) How much blame does this amazon affiliate WhatsApp status "deals" guy get, and should I call him out publicly?
Definitely bring it to his attention.
If he doesn't delete the deal from his list, call him out publicly.
He's leading people into a scam.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2024, 03:30:37 AM »
So help me out here.
A friend shared this deal from one of these amazon affiliate whatsapp status deal people (a la pz tjb etc)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9QFRBXP Microsoft Surface Pro 9 for under $700. As far as I know, that's a great deal, some further checking shows that the price beats the previous Amazon low by like $350.
I'm always wary of 3rd party sellers on amazon for brand name expensive electronics, so I take a look, and it's sold by SGD Electronics Store ( https://www.amazon.com/sp?ie=UTF8&seller=A24GC2LYXAAG22 ) and the amazon seller link shows they're from China. They have 90 reviews in the last year, 88% positive, which is less and lower than I'd like.

I read through the reviews, and most are for a blanket. I don't see any for laptops, though I didn't read all of them.
Next we head over to their storefront https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A24GC2LYXAAG22&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER and find that they have 7 products for sale: a blanket, four articles of clothing, and two high-value popular brand-name electronics.

So, if I'm guessing this scam correctly, they sell a bunch of cheap items to establish their seller profile, then they offer a few high dollar items, eventually get shut down, and then restart the process with a different name.

My questions are:
1) Do I have the mechanics correct, and is this a scam?
2) How do they pull it off if it's fulfilled by amazon? what object is actually being shipped out?
I am not so sure this is a scam. The popular items they sell are blankets dos not mean they don’t have pc’s as well. Fba would shut this down pretty quick if this was a scam.

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2024, 10:49:10 AM »
I am not so sure this is a scam. The popular items they sell are blankets dos not mean they don’t have pc’s as well. Fba would shut this down pretty quick if this was a scam.
It is and they did. The newest reviews answer my question as to what item gets shipped out "Seller is committing fraud. Ordered a Meta Quest 3 512GB and was sent some shrink-wrapped fabric in a box with a "Lithium-ion battery" label. Should've known the price was too good to be true." "SCAM SELLER!!! Ordered a Microsoft Surface Pro and received a blanket!!! Stay away from this seller."

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2024, 10:52:22 AM »
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
IRS Information Center
United States.

Please be advised that The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs) informed us that your two boxes shipment which includes an International ATM Gold Card had been intercepted at JFK Airport, New York. The boxes were scanned and they contained large sums of money ($15 Million USD), also with some backup documents that bear your name as the Beneficiary / Receiver.After a thorough investigation, the diplomat who brought the boxes into the United States claimed he was supposed to deliver the money to your home as an unpaid fund from a foreign country.

The law in the United States mandates that any cash exceeding $10,000 should be reported to U.S. Customs and Border Protection upon arrival using Form 6059B and FinCEN 105. Nevertheless, the diplomat disregarded the Cash Boxes, by doing so, he broke the United States Cash Currency law, and if you don't comply with our instructions, your Cash Boxes and the International ATM Gold Card might be seized.
INSTRUCTIONS:
In order for you to get your $15 Million USD freely without paying any advance fee to anyone. You are instructed to visit our official website https://www.irs.gov and create an account with ID.me and verify it via text to Self-Service.

DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO CREATE  ID.ME ACCOUNT.
Visit government website:  https://www.irs.gov
Click:Sign in to your account
Click the: Individual(Sign in to Online Account)
Then Click:Create An Accountwith ID.me and Verify it via text to Self-Service.
If you have an account already. Then Sign in with an existing account of ID.me and Verify it via text to Self-Service

Upon completion of the  ID.me  account creation and verification process. Please send the  ID.me Username Email and Password  to (Mr.Frank Gregory Clark), he will fund your  ID.me  account with $15 million USD, and he will email you the instructions on how to transfer the $15 million USD from  ID.me wallet addres

Send your ID.me Username Email and Password to the processing Officer below, for him to Load your ($15,000,000.00) Dollars.

Yours In Service,
Dr. Steve Paul
IRS Information Center
Washington, DC.
Deal

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2024, 07:09:02 PM »
Deal
there should really be a sarcasm font
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2024, 09:00:36 AM »
there should really be a sarcasm font
It is a deal for the scammer. One man's scam is another man's deal.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2024, 03:00:07 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/microsoft-remains-far-most-impersonated-brand-email-scams

"...
According to Proofpoint's 2024 State of the Phish report, Microsoft was the most abused brand in 2023, appearing in 68 million malicious messages, with Office 365 alone appearing in 20 million malicious mails. Other often exploited brands include Adobe, DHL and Google, albeit none of them comes close to the volume of fraudulent messages sent in the name of Microsoft."

What the article fails to point out is that Microsoft are the biggest scammers out there...

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2024, 09:24:28 PM »
School Pictures...

$20 for just a digital class picture, crazy...
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline gmd

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2024, 03:20:10 PM »
got this email today, that I did not request

when i click on the link it takes me to this site https://security.dell.com/reportsuspiciousactivity/

Is it legit?

Dell One-time Passcode
Inbox

dell_automated_email@dell.com
9:36 AM (5 hours ago)
to me

Hi,

Your one-time secure Dell passcode is

This passcode can only be used once and will expire in 5 minutes.

If you have not requested this passcode, please report here.

Thanks,
Dell Technologies

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2024, 12:43:08 AM »
got this email today, that I did not request

when i click on the link it takes me to this site https://security.dell.com/reportsuspiciousactivity/

Is it legit?

Dell One-time Passcode
Inbox

dell_automated_email@dell.com
9:36 AM (5 hours ago)
to me

Hi,

Your one-time secure Dell passcode is

This passcode can only be used once and will expire in 5 minutes.

If you have not requested this passcode, please report here.

Thanks,
Dell Technologies
That does look legit. So if it is not, Dell will want to know about it. I typed in the address in manually and it doesn't exist. Browse around on Dell's website or contact them through your account and report this.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2024, 04:35:41 AM »
That does look legit. So if it is not, Dell will want to know about it. I typed in the address in manually and it doesn't exist. Browse around on Dell's website or contact them through your account and report this.
weird, it only works with the forward slash added at the end.
googling it, it seems browsers and servers have figured out how to redirect a link without a slash to one with a slash around 15 years ago. Doesn't mean it's a scam, but curious.
How would a scammer be able to set a site attached to dell.com?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 04:39:09 AM by Chuchum Ainer »