Author Topic: Bingo 5towns  (Read 21131 times)

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bingo 5towns
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2024, 11:30:43 PM »
Everything is possible but I find that hard to believe. You literally joined the forums a few weeks before Bingo opened, and barely posted a single post besides for about bingo and bashing GG. That's besides for the fact that you've been posting lots of "inside information" which you wouldn't know if you're not affiliated... (And you were posting updates about when they'll open, and "today was inspection" etc.)
It's pretty clear at this point... Just unfortunate you feel the need to go so low to be able to able to promote your store...
I do not work for Bingo, but if you can get me an  employee discount, that would be great!!

I happen to know a vendor who I get some information from.

I also have been shlepping to their Brooklyn store since they opened. Not very often. But especially Yom Tov/ Purim time, and to stock up when I run out of beef/poultry.

As I stated, I would be happy if Moishe's opened here too. Although I actually enjoy the Bingo shopping experience at our location. It's much more pleasant than their Brooklyn store.

I would also be very happy if they would open up a Gourmet Glatt LAKEWOOD here in the Five Towns. I wish they would close down Kol Save, merge the stores, and reopen as a GG Lakewood. That would be nice; to have a Bingo and GG Lakewood in town!

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2024, 07:10:11 AM »
I wish they would close down Kol Save, merge the stores, and reopen as a GG Lakewood.
Happens to be kolsave is cheaper than GG Lakewood in most things. Especially the meat department...

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2024, 07:25:22 AM »
Happens to be kolsave is cheaper than GG Lakewood in most things. Especially the meat department...
The meat department in KS is a different meat. On the rest of the store, they are only cheaper on off-brands. Not on the Jewish brands. KS and GG local also have a much smaller selection on heimeshe products. Their Lakewood store is a very nice store.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2024, 07:33:47 AM »
The meat department in KS is a different meat. On the rest of the store, they are only cheaper on off-brands. Not on the Jewish brands. KS and GG local also have a much smaller selection on heimeshe products. Their Lakewood store is a very nice store.
I don't think that's true, but regardless the kemach flour for $5 at bingo doesn't taste any better than the bowl and basket for $2.49...
(Btw where do you think the Jewish private labels are made? Mostly the same place as the non-Jewish ones...) Libers chips are made by wise, etc.

Kolsave meat is mostly from Canada (mahadrin) as posted previously on this thread, and is considered from the top in north America...
Just cuz bingo adds the world "premium" to it, doesn't make it better.
Bingo is actually made fun of in the food industry (ask any professional chef that "understands"  meat) for misusing the term "premium" etc

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2024, 07:54:36 AM »

Libers chips are made by wise, etc.

After they drop the oil, kasher the equipment, and ensure bishul Yisroel

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2024, 08:01:43 AM »
After they drop the oil, kasher the equipment, and ensure bishul Yisroel
Bishul Yisroel -yes. Same oil, no Kashering.
But thanks for picking up on the example, you're missing the point. Most of the items are the exact same things with a different label
(Fun fact, no Heimishe Hechsherim have oil production / refineries from the far east. They rely on the national Hechsherim for that...)

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2024, 08:20:06 AM »
But thanks for picking up on the example, you're missing the point. Most of the items are the exact same things with a different label
(Fun fact, no Heimishe Hechsherim have oil production / refineries from the far east. They rely on the national Hechsherim for that...)
You're missing the point. Some people want heimish hechsherim whether you agree or not and were very limited when in the 5 towns. (I for one am very happy that when I visit my parents I will be able to by many gefen(volova) or eida products that I used to have to go to brooklyn for.)

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2024, 08:50:12 AM »
I don't think that's true, but regardless the kemach flour for $5 at bingo doesn't taste any better than the bowl and basket for $2.49...
(Btw where do you think the Jewish private labels are made? Mostly the same place as the non-Jewish ones...) Libers chips are made by wise, etc.

Kolsave meat is mostly from Canada (mahadrin) as posted previously on this thread, and is considered from the top in north America...
Just cuz bingo adds the world "premium" to it, doesn't make it better.
Bingo is actually made fun of in the food industry (ask any professional chef that "understands"  meat) for misusing the term "premium" etc
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Kemach flour is Yoshon. Bowl and Basket is not.

Liebrs will never use the same ingredients and sources as some OU products. The Volover is more makpid, especially Pesach where a requires temidi on every ingredient. Tarnipol will not use an OU product without tracing every ingredient to its source. There are different standards for kasherung a non kosher plant before doing a run. There are different standards for what makes something bishul or pas Yisroel.

KS meat is mostly imported and not mostly Mehadrin. Mehadrin is not the top in quality or hidur. Seasons would not touch it. Nother would most eateries. It doesn't come close to Solomons or MM. GG only uses it as a back up. But KS meat is usually imported from other places anyways.

Birdsboro beef and Mesirah poultry top of the line in Hidur. To some, that is what is most important. Premium is fed differently. And I don't think anybody makes fun of item their poultry is the same as Seasons and sam as GG uses as one of their suppliers.

But you are missing the point. You have the KS/GG mentality that everyone he's to choose to buy and eat what you precieve as best. People like to have choices. You prefer things which I don't. There are thousands of people with different preferences. We have not had a store here which gives us options.

GG Lakewood is a great store with more options than Bingo, albeit for slightly higher prices in general. I would be very happy if GG would reopen following their Lakewood model.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2024, 09:42:53 AM »
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Kemach flour is Yoshon. Bowl and Basket is not.

Liebrs will never use the same ingredients and sources as some OU products. The Volover is more makpid, especially Pesach where a requires temidi on every ingredient. Tarnipol will not use an OU product without tracing every ingredient to its source. There are different standards for kasherung a non kosher plant before doing a run. There are different standards for what makes something bishul or pas Yisroel.

KS meat is mostly imported and not mostly Mehadrin. Mehadrin is not the top in quality or hidur. Seasons would not touch it. Nother would most eateries. It doesn't come close to Solomons or MM. GG only uses it as a back up. But KS meat is usually imported from other places anyways.

Birdsboro beef and Mesirah poultry top of the line in Hidur. To some, that is what is most important. Premium is fed differently. And I don't think anybody makes fun of item their poultry is the same as Seasons and sam as GG uses as one of their suppliers.

But you are missing the point. You have the KS/GG mentality that everyone he's to choose to buy and eat what you precieve as best. People like to have choices. You prefer things which I don't. There are thousands of people with different preferences. We have not had a store here which gives us options.

GG Lakewood is a great store with more options than Bingo, albeit for slightly higher prices in general. I would be very happy if GG would reopen following their Lakewood model.

Regarding Yoshon - of course. (although that's only relevant for half the year - till around August) and if you were stocking up on your meat from bingo BP because you claim to be saving a bit, then you could also grab a few bags of flour and put them in your freezer too to last you till pesach (and save 50%). The vast majority of Liebers products are simple and exactly the same. (and btw, most decent agencies don't accept any other agency ACCROSS THE BOARD (even the Eida), so that's not a Chidush. And the Majority of the runs are not "non kosher" but rather under a non heimishe hechsher.

Regarding where KS and GG source their meat, either you're deliberately flat out lying in order to promote your store, or grossly misinformed. Whichever one, you're assertions don't make it facts. Anyone can walk into GG or KS and ask the mangers or mashgiach - it's not a secret.

In general, I'm not a fan of GG due to the prices, but there's obviously is a market for a nice store with customer service and delivery or they wouldn't be able to stay open.  I am a fan of  KS for being cheaper than most other stores, and for carrying bowl and basket -cheaper alternative in many (not all) cases exactly the same thing. I think THERE'S MORE OF A DEMAND FOR CHEAPER THAN THERE IS FOR MORE HEIMISHE BRANDS.

As to how it will compare to bingo in the long term after the dust settles - everyone will see and decide for themselves. Personally I used to be a fan of Bingo when they first opened in BP 8 years ago, until I realized that many times when comparing my weekly shopping receipts, although I saved allot on the sales, many regular priced items were MORE EXPENSIVE, and overall I didn't save. It doesn't mean no one saves, it depends what you're buying. Some stuff are cheaper and some are more. If you're an educated consumer you don't fall into the misleading marketing and you compare ALL the prices, not just a few sales you saw. But unfortunately many people don't work that way and after seeing a few examples "assume" the rest is also cheaper- which is exactly what bingo wants. (I should this to a few relatives and they were shocked and they stopped shlepping all the way there once in a while. ) Human psychology vs a budget conscious mind.

DO yourself a favor and compare ALL prices for a few weeks and you'll see...

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2024, 09:46:18 AM »
This is not what I was told by the Rav Hamachshir, but that was a while back and may have changed. There are differences between the haksharim about what they do regarding Bishul akum on potato chips

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2024, 09:50:49 AM »

GG only uses it as a back up.
What does this even mean? Besides that they mention the company in their ads too

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2024, 09:52:12 AM »

The vast majority of Liebers products are simple and exactly the same. (and btw, most decent agencies don't accept any other agency ACCROSS THE BOARD (even the Eida), so that's not a Chidush. And the Majority of the runs are not "non kosher" but rather under a non heimishe hechsher.

So much misconception here. I don't even know where to start.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2024, 10:18:41 AM »

So much misconception here. I don't even know where to start.
Sorry, maybe I exaggerated a bit, I'll explain. Obviously there's specific Chumros that the Heimishe brands sometimes add - like Bishul and Pas Yisroel, Yoshon etc. but for simpler products it's literally just a private label and often the same Mashgiach for both. I've seen that personally several times. On the contrary, some of the Heimishe hechsheirim more often have mistakes because the lack of a proper system in place. The rely more on the Mashgiach and there's more room for human error or ignorance. (A cousin of mine was a Mashgiach in a facility where a Heimishe brand was doing Pesach runs for years, and last year he discovered a certain oil ingredient was Kitniyos - he had no idea and they didn't have a proper kosher computer system that would have picked it up. (a bit like computer checking Tefillin, you hear those stories of a guy that was wearing possul tefillin for years...)

The point is, tons of ingredients (raw materials) and flavors (and even most kosher chocolate) are ONLY available with national hechsheirim AT THEIR SOURCE. They don't have a choice not to rely on them...

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2024, 10:52:30 AM »

Liebrs will never use the same ingredients and sources as some OU products. The Volover is more makpid,

Lieber's is not under the volover.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2024, 11:33:11 AM »

1. Not sure what you mean about "never use the same ingredients" if you mean that they won't use everything oU allows then I understand but otherwise not.
2. OU also requires temidi for all KFP products.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2024, 11:35:17 AM »
Sorry, maybe I exaggerated a bit, I'll explain. Obviously there's specific Chumros that the Heimishe brands sometimes add - like Bishul and Pas Yisroel, Yoshon etc. but for simpler products it's literally just a private label and often the same Mashgiach for both. I've seen that personally several times. On the contrary, some of the Heimishe hechsheirim more often have mistakes because the lack of a proper system in place. The rely more on the Mashgiach and there's more room for human error or ignorance. (A cousin of mine was a Mashgiach in a facility where a Heimishe brand was doing Pesach runs for years, and last year he discovered a certain oil ingredient was Kitniyos - he had no idea and they didn't have a proper kosher computer system that would have picked it up. (a bit like computer checking Tefillin, you hear those stories of a guy that was wearing possul tefillin for years...)

The point is, tons of ingredients (raw materials) and flavors (and even most kosher chocolate) are ONLY available with national hechsheirim AT THEIR SOURCE. They don't have a choice not to rely on them...

This is the same misconception that has been debunked countless times in these forums by people who are experts in the field and is also incorrect based on my personal experiences. There is a wide range among heimishe hechsherim and the reputable ones are reputable for a reason.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2024, 11:36:35 AM »
2. OU also requires temidi for all KFP products.
Not all... But indeed most.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2024, 11:39:08 AM »
This is the same misconception that has been debunked countless times in these forums by people who are experts in the field and is also incorrect based on my personal experiences. There is a wide range among heimishe hechsherim and the reputable ones are reputable for a reason.
I love how the forums is the ultimate source of information :)
I never said they're not reputable, I said there's a downside to many of them. It's not for no reason that not a single Heimishe Hechsher certifies a flavor house for example. They simply lack the ability to monitor the hundreds of thousands of ingredients and products...

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2024, 11:42:07 AM »
wait, we still need a halacha discussion

And there it is

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2024, 11:44:33 AM »
I love how the forums is the ultimate source of information :)
I never said they're not reputable, I said there's a downside to many of them. It's not for no reason that not a single Heimishe Hechsher certifies a flavor house for example. They simply lack the ability to monitor the hundreds of thousands of ingredients and products...
Many members are well known who they are.
Part of having high-quality supervision is knowing where you need to bring in someone else. Even where they may not provide the actual supervision, they can check out individual ingredients to be used. I know people who flew internationally with some of them to do exactly that.