Author Topic: Lifemiles launching AMEX cards issued by First Electronic Bank  (Read 1871 times)

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Lifemiles launching AMEX cards issued by First Electronic Bank
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2024, 07:40:50 PM »
Unrelated to the cc, the new subscription program looks interesting.

The 6k LM per year also give the 10% rebate. Higher subscription statuses give the ability to cancel and change awards for free
The subscription is actually a good reason to have the card, because besides for the free lite subscription, you double the monthly points that you get, so total would be 12K/year which offsets the AF. So although the SUB is weak, it may be worth having the card.
I just subscribed today for the $20/month tier. I made a 126K redemption, so 10% back @$120 (for the 6 month minimum) was a no-brainer.

The card and new subscription plan definitely deserve a DDMS IMHO.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2024, 08:08:28 PM »
The subscription is actually a good reason to have the card, because besides for the free lite subscription, you double the monthly points that you get, so total would be 12K/year which offsets the AF. So although the SUB is weak, it may be worth having the card.
I just subscribed today for the $20/month tier. I made a 126K redemption, so 10% back @$120 (for the 6 month minimum) was a no-brainer.

The card and new subscription plan definitely deserve a DDMS IMHO.
Can you upgrade and downgrade at will between the subscriptions while still meeting the terms for the 6 month commitment?

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2024, 01:46:04 AM »
Another interesting aspect not really mentioned is the "doubling" of miles earned from the card.  The doubling depends on what tier subscription you're on (the Lite plan included with the card only doubles the first 1K earned each month).  For the 2X categories, it would essentially be like earning 4X until you hit the doubling cap.

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2024, 04:47:41 AM »
@moe8555 ;D

What can I say...it would be better not to.  But if it's a must, I suppose there is justification in that using points hopefully results in lower revenue for Turkish vs. buying a cash ticket.

What about flying via Air Serbia?  Not viable?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2024, 08:03:19 AM »
What can I say...it would be better not to.  But if it's a must, I suppose there is justification in that using points hopefully results in lower revenue for Turkish vs. buying a cash ticket.

What about flying via Air Serbia?  Not viable?

Check the schedules and frequency of Air Serbia vs THY. There's no comparison. Points redemption on Air Serbia is also rarely an option.

IDK why @Dan pinged you. What specific knowledge, insight or experience do you have on this compared to anyone else here?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2024, 08:35:33 AM »
Check the schedules and frequency of Air Serbia vs THY. There's no comparison. Points redemption on Air Serbia is also rarely an option.

IDK why @Dan pinged you. What specific knowledge, insight or experience do you have on this compared to anyone else here?
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/record-high-bonus-transfer-citi-points-turkish-airlines-get-50-bonus-fly-alaska-hawaii-7700-points-coach-11-k-points-first-class/#comment-1709495
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2024, 11:21:49 AM »
not sure this was noted but seems worth pointing out another benefit of subscription status.

https://helpcenter.lifemiles.com/hc/en-us/articles/23551274561179-Family-pooling

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2024, 11:25:43 AM »
not sure this was noted but seems worth pointing out another benefit of subscription status.

https://helpcenter.lifemiles.com/hc/en-us/articles/23551274561179-Family-pooling

Is it worth crediting to there over any other program?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2024, 12:20:19 PM »
Is it worth crediting to there over any other program?

perhaps, 30% /50% bonus accrual for Silver/ Gold