Author Topic: Eurovision: Eden Golan's October Rain/Hurricane In Malmo  (Read 9970 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Eurovision: Eden Golan's October Rain/Hurricane In Malmo
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2024, 08:03:33 PM »
Out of curiosity, without looking, so you know where the quote is from?
Menachem Begin
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 40000 for the First Time

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2024, 08:03:45 PM »

No idea, not your own?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2024, 08:04:02 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2024, 08:04:56 PM »
No idea, not your own?
Of course not. Any reference or phrasing like that is intentional.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2024, 08:05:38 PM »
=A secular Jew.
Am I right?  :)
Someone posted him saying that to Sen Biden?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 40000 for the First Time

Offline Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2024, 08:05:56 PM »
My bad. I was referring to this post https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=136285.msg2821917#msg2821917 and I corrected it a minute later.

We have a difference of opinion on what "Jewish pride" means. When a kid in public school gets called a kike and threatened for being Jewish, and stands up and declares pride in being Jewish instead of cowering in a corner and trying to disassociate from his identity, is that not Jewish pride to you. I'm not saying to put him or her on the stage at the next siyum hashas, but that doesn't mean there's no Jewish pride, or that it isn't inspirational on some level to some people, or that good, Jewish, things may come out of it. Her standing up is most definitely better than the alternative.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2024, 08:06:46 PM »
Are you serious?

Are you ignorant of what went on during the times of מלכי ישראל ויהודה? Are you aware of the concept of חבר?

They were still observant, they were not secular Jews. (Gotta look up Rav Avigdor dispelling the mistakes like these)

Offline DaasTora

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2024, 08:07:20 PM »
Am I right?  :)
Someone posted him saying that to Sen Biden?
Menachem Begin walking to Winston Churchill’s funeral on Shabbos is “Jewish pride”!
“Never underestimate the power of…stupidity”
- Robert Heinlein

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2024, 08:07:40 PM »
“ But in the end, in the face of incredible adversity, Eden Golan stood as a proud Jew, not a Jew with trembling knees, but one ready to take on the world, even if the world is blinded by hate and lies.”
What’s so “proud Jew”ish of stamping on the Torah?  I’m a “proud Jew” with “trembling knees” as long as we’re in galus.

I don’t know how well the “younger generation” of DDF knows me, as I’m not nearly as active as I used to be. But those of you who followed Dan’s Instagram when he visited Israel might remember that I am a United Hatzalah volunteer, and Dan’s Instagram stories hinted at my involvement in October 7th.

Now let me tell you a little bit more about that. As an EMT, I accompanied a good friend who is a volunteer doctor for United Hatzalah down south on the afternoon of October 7th. We went between Sderot, Netivot, the Shuva Junction, and Be’eri, frantically trying our best to patch the bloody pieces of Israeli victims back together again. Throughout the day we dealt with over 350 severely injured patients, many of whom had injuries that would make you puke everything you’ve eaten since the 3rd grade, if I even started to describe what they looked like. We saw everything from a guy who had brain matter leaking out of a bullet hole in the side of his head (shockingly still alive at that point), all the way to a guy who got hit by shrapnel in the groin, and - well, let’s just say it’ll be a miracle if he ever has children. 🤢

But besides for all the living, we also saw (and in some cases dealt with) hundreds and hundreds of dead people. Between Road 232, Road 34, Road 25… the roads were literally littered with all manner of dead bodies. Literally, like a slalom course, we had to weave our jeep back and forth to get around the bodies without running over any of them. Men, women, children. Civilians, policemen, soldiers. Bodies that were riddled with bullets, bodies that were hanging out of crashed cars (where they were shot to death while trying to exit their disabled vehicles), bodies that were burnt to a crisp with only the skeleton remaining - even the body of someone who was shot in the back of the head at close range, such that his brains came out of his eye socket, and were just hanging there. (And that was a body that we actually took with us, for some reason… I had the horrible “pleasure” of sitting 18 inches away from his exploded head - wrapped, of course, but still - for the half-hour drive back to where dead bodies were being gathered.)

And do you know what all of these people had in common? Every single one of them was murdered for one reason: for being a Jew. Nobody from Hamas stopped to check their level of observance, or to see if they’re “stamping on the Torah” or not. They didn’t ask how frum anyone was, nor what they felt about G-d and Torah. They simply came and distributed volleys of “lead poisoning” - and much worse - to everyone they came across.

And let me tell you something else… every single person who died that day, that way, is considered to have died Al Kiddush Hashem. Every single one of them - even the immodestly dressed women from the music festival - gets rocketed directly to the highest levels in shomayim, right next to Hashem, while the rest of us down here who struggle to make it to minyan on time are not even close to that. Yes, even the ones that drove on Shabbos (as many of them did), even the ones that had leftist viewpoints - every single one of them is a martyr who died Al Kiddush Hashem, and are on a higher level than all of us FFBs will ever be.

So tell me something… if they are good enough for Hamas to murder; if they are good enough for Hashem to gather close next to His Heavenly Throne - all because of the fact that they were Jews, even non-religious… don’t you think that ought to be good enough for you?! Eden Golan is standing up as a “proud Jew” with the same Jewish pride that would’ve gotten her killed on October 7th if she would’ve been there. And if she would have died, Hashem would hug her just as closely as all the other korbanos. So now that she chose to channel that energy and live as a proud Jew - just not the way that you would like - you’re gonna lose focus of the big picture, and squabble about the little things?! Nobody said you have to honor her at the Torah Umesorah dinner; but yes, she is standing tall as a proud Jew (even if not a religious one), and she deserves to be respected and hailed accordingly.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2024, 08:07:46 PM »
It is from someone proclaiming כחי ועוצם ידי
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2024, 08:07:51 PM »
Of course not. Any reference or phrasing like that is intentional.

Wasn't put in quotations, and what another person calls a proud Jew isn't what we should call, luckily we know better. 

Offline Just A Jew

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2024, 08:09:28 PM »
It's not about observing this mitzva versus observing that mitzva, struggling with this versus that. It's about recognizing that our religion is based on following the Torah, regardless of the degree one succeeds with that, versus replacing that with something which is totally antithetical to it.

If being Jewish has nothing to do with observance, as we both agree, then pride in being Jewish says nothing about religious observance. Again, we're not saying she is someone to be looked up to or even talked about in the frum world. The reality is, the Jewish world is much bigger than the frum one. There is a place for Jewish pride in the world (outside our bubble) that has nothing to do with being shomer Torah u'mitzvos.

ETA: @Moishebatchy said it better than I could.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 08:15:06 PM by Just A Jew »
- Gallagher

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2024, 08:10:31 PM »
=A secular Jew.

While not fully observant, Begin had lots of respect for Yiddishkeit, and might have been observant to a certain extent. IINM wasn't מחלל שבת בפרהסיא as PM.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2024, 08:14:28 PM »
If being Jewish has nothing to do with observance, as we both agree, then pride in being Jewish says nothing about religious observance. Again, we're not saying she is someone to be looked up to or even talked about in the frum world. The reality is, the Jewish world is much bigger than the frum one. There is a place for Jewish pride in the world (outside our bubble) that has nothing to do with being shomer Torah u'mitzvos.

But isn’t it meaningless if it has nothing to do with Torah and mitzvos?
If someone “respects” shabbos but doesn’t  keep it for whatever reason, does it mean anything?

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2024, 08:15:54 PM »
every single one of them is a martyr who died Al Kiddush Hashem, and are on a higher level than all of us FFBs will ever be.
Source?

That’s a strange thing to say.

Offline DaasTora

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2024, 08:16:31 PM »
While not fully observant, Begin had lots of respect for Yiddishkeit, and might have been observant to a certain extent. IINM wasn't מחלל שבת בפרהסיא as PM.
Menachem Begin walking to Winston Churchill’s funeral on Shabbos is “Jewish pride”!
- Robert Heinlein

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2024, 08:17:21 PM »
And let me tell you something else… every single person who died that day, that way, is considered to have died Al Kiddush Hashem.
This is not a simple matter at all.

Offline DaasTora

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2024, 08:17:51 PM »
Source?

That’s a strange thing to say.
I wouldn’t argue with a Hatzalah member that was on scene, although I disagree with almost every word he said.
- Robert Heinlein

Offline jye

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2024, 08:22:25 PM »
What is the meaning of “Jewish pride” if it is in the context of trying to “outgoyim the goyim”? It is an empty hollow construct that triggers revulsion in anyone to whom the Jewish nation is significant only in its allegiance to and connection with Hashem. There is always the concept of tinok shenishba and if a Jewish actor or CEO is the hook that gets them to take a second look at their religion that’s great, but Jewish pride in the context of a valiant attempt to erase any הבדלה between Klal Yisroel and the goyim is just a sad perversion of the core of what being a Jew means.

Offline Just A Jew

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2024, 08:24:34 PM »
But isn’t it meaningless if it has nothing to do with Torah and mitzvos?
If someone “respects” shabbos but doesn’t  keep it for whatever reason, does it mean anything?

I don't know. Not my place to figure it out.

Here's what I do know.

There's a song they teach kids in Jewish day camps for non-observant Jews. It goes, "I'm a Jew and I'm proud, and I'll sing it out loud, for forever that's what I'll be. I'm a Jew and I'm proud, and it's without a doubt, that Hashem is always watching over me."

I've seen this song taught to tens of thousands of kids from non-frum homes. The vast majority of those kids continue to lead non-frum lifestyles. However, do you know how many kids became frum, or frummer, at some point in their lives because of that song? With assimilation and intermarriage rates through the roof, who am I, or any of us, to diminish someone's Jewishness or pride in being Jewish? How many stories did you hear as a kid of a Rebbe or Gadol taking inspiration from someone who, on its face, wasn't doing things the way Torah says?

I can't reiterate this enough, it seems. No one is saying to bring her into your homes. No one is saying YOU should be proud of her. But don't diminish the good that came out of a Jew standing on a huge international platform and being proud of being Jewish.
- Gallagher