Author Topic: BIG Thanks to DAN!!  (Read 4015 times)

Offline me

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
BIG Thanks to DAN!!
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:23:15 PM »
I just wanted to share my appreciation to dan and some commentors on the forum. I will now be going to Israel on points, which would not of happened if not for Dan!

Heres my story:

I started accumulating starwood points because of dansdeals and I was saving for 2 trips to Israel for me and my wife.

I had just over 100k in the summer when US Airways had the 50% bonus deal, (which I found out about on dansdeals) so I transfered 100k to US Air which resulted in 187500. I figured that it was enough to get me to Israel and on the star alliance I shouldnt have a hard time finding availability...

Sure enough I decided to go after Shavuos this year for a wedding and I started checking aeroplan, us airwarways, continental... and there was no availability... What to do? A quick message here on the forum and Dan to the rescue. He tells me how to find availability on some other star alliance carriers and sure enough I find my itinirary and called US Airways and booked it!

You dont hear this enough... THANKS DAN!

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: BIG Thanks to DAN!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »
I just wanted to share my appreciation to dan and some commentors on the forum. I will now be going to Israel on points, which would not of happened if not for Dan!

Heres my story:

I started accumulating starwood points because of dansdeals and I was saving for 2 trips to Israel for me and my wife.

I had just over 100k in the summer when US Airways had the 50% bonus deal, (which I found out about on dansdeals) so I transfered 100k to US Air which resulted in 187500. I figured that it was enough to get me to Israel and on the star alliance I shouldnt have a hard time finding availability...

Sure enough I decided to go after Shavuos this year for a wedding and I started checking aeroplan, us airwarways, continental... and there was no availability... What to do? A quick message here on the forum and Dan to the rescue. He tells me how to find availability on some other star alliance carriers and sure enough I find my itinirary and called US Airways and booked it!

Nice to hear! We all feel the same way.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 05:52:04 AM »
Thank you, and thanks for all those who try to help out.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »
what was the advice?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

Heres my story:

And thank you for the feedback! Have a great trip!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 12:26:39 PM »
Just want to give my thanks also to DAN i just came back from Israel i went with  contiental got my miles thanks to dan from chase banking and cc 85k and from amex premier rewards 30k plus some spending  (the old fashined way) and off i went THANKS!!! i had the new business/first on the way home it was a completely different flight

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
Just want to give my thanks also to DAN i just came back from Israel i went with  contiental got my miles thanks to dan from chase banking and cc 85k and from amex premier rewards 30k plus some spending  (the old fashined way) and off i went THANKS!!! i had the new business/first on the way home it was a completely different flight
Awesome! I can't wait to try the new businessfirst!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 11:59:48 PM »
Thank you Dan.
Thank you everyone on this forums.
From my clothing (PE pants, jos a bank suits...) to my Y"T meal today.
From my HP headphones to the G3, this forums is king.
There is no other place that contains and has access to the amount of information I've gotten here. There is so much I have gained from here.
So thank you Dan! And thank you everyone else!
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 12:10:48 AM »
Thank you Dan.
Thank you everyone on this forums.
From my clothing (PE pants, jos a bank suits...) to my Y"T meal today.
From my HP headphones to the G3, this forums is king.
There is no other place that contains and has access to the amount of information I've gotten here. There is so much I have gained from here.
So thank you Dan! And thank you everyone else!
Congrats on the big 1k.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »

I have been unemployed for a 6 months or so I joined DDF and ended up learning the amazon businesss i was reselling electronics on amazon to help support my wife and kid...B'h its been enough to support and I racked up a few hundred thousand credit card miles...now I found a job in which Im starting very soon!!! Thank you Dan setting up this whole network and for being an inspiration to me and my family!!! Thank you DDF for always being there!!!!
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »
Wow !!  Much hatzlocha in your new job.

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
I have been unemployed for a 6 months or so I joined DDF and ended up learning the amazon businesss i was reselling electronics on amazon to help support my wife and kid...B'h its been enough to support and I racked up a few hundred thousand credit card miles...now I found a job in which Im starting very soon!!! Thank you Dan setting up this whole network and for being an inspiration to me and my family!!! Thank you DDF for always being there!!!!

good for you! happy to hear such success stories!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »
I Must also say a huge thanx! I recently started using DDF and i love the way i can gain real answers from ppl that understand each other instead of googleing everything and getting 'off topic' answers. Thanx to y'all!!  I'm still trying to learn about CC and miles etc but i'm really slow at picking up but hopefully i'll get there one day with all ur help!! (sorry for annoying qs)

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 12:01:27 AM »
I Must also say a huge thanx! I recently started using DDF and i love the way i can gain real answers from ppl that understand each other instead of googleing everything and getting 'off topic' answers. Thanx to y'all!!  I'm still trying to learn about CC and miles etc but i'm really slow at picking up but hopefully i'll get there one day with all ur help!! (sorry for annoying qs)

reading & asking q's is the only way to learn....

Offline nathan13

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »
reading & asking q's is the only way to learn....
And sometimes a mistake or 2!! I know somebody that was learning and transferred miles to the wrong airline after getting a wrong answer ( correct answer he just asked the question the wrong way.