Author Topic: Funny Airport Stories  (Read 9049 times)

Offline MosheP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Funny Airport Stories
« on: December 10, 2012, 01:51:25 PM »
Share your funny, interesting airport, airline, TSA etc. stories here.

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
Re: Funny Airport Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Was flying out of BOS last week and there was this TSA guy directing traffic through the metal detectors he kept announcing " Please take a moment and think if you have something on under you sweater or jacket before removing it".  He had the most ridiculous smirk on his face, I asked him what happened. He says " not 30 minuets ago I was treated to the best Biology lesson ever!!!"

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
Asked in TLV what is the reason of my visit to Israel, said 'Elal had a glitch'. How often do you come to Israel, 'as many glitches happen...', yes, I have answered that..... (and I was flying on an award ticket in Biz....)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »
During my May 2005 travels, I flew into STR coming from ZRH.
The cop (at transfer) asked me: where are you flying to?
Me: to ZRH.

Eventually they stopped asking, when I showed up, up to twice daily.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »
During those same travels, I was sometimes together with a friend on those flights.

Visiting for 3-4 mins the lounge just to grab a drink, there was a guy Robert, promoted to squeeze oranges.
My friend tapped on the back and say: how about you prepare us a drink. We shall be back soon.
When we walked in a few hours later, he must have thought we've been checking out the duty free for a while, when in fact, we have been in the meantime 2x in ZRH and 1x in CDG.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 01:40:21 AM »
From the same tv show...

On shorthaul flights, the return flights (back to the hub), is mostly flown by the same crew as the flight that came in a bit earlier.

So, on LX in MUC, the purser asked me when boarding: were you not on this flight just 30 mins ago?
Me: yes, you said we hope to welcome you soon aboard again, but what about all those other people? Never seen them before.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
From the same tv show...

On shorthaul flights, the return flights (back to the hub), is mostly flown by the same crew as the flight that came in a bit earlier.

So, on LX in MUC, the purser asked me when boarding: were you not on this flight just 30 mins ago?
Me: yes, you said we hope to welcome you soon aboard again, but what about all those other people? Never seen them before.

Cute

I was once with a friend in HKG and an innocent Chinese fellow pointed to my friends Tzitzis and asked him what they were.

He replied "I often get things stuck in between my teeth, hence i wear these so I always have something handy to floss with" :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:24:45 PM by damaxer91 »

Offline Cholentfresser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 01:41:57 PM »
Cute

I was once with a friend in HKG and an innocent Chinese fellow pointed to my friends Tzitzis and asked him what they were.

He replied "I often get things stuck in between my teeth, hence i wear these so I always have something handy to floss with" :)
I heard people say that abt the beard   ;D
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »
In DXB got pulled over by security for my Teffilin, after explaining to them what it was (sort of) they continued going through my bag and wanted to know what each Sefer was (Siddur, Chitas, Rambam, artscroll Gemara etc.) and I had to explain to this arab what each Sefer was for, what it was about etc.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »
I was in Paris had a gas butane lighter - non metallic - forgot that it was in my pocket, was one of those lighters that never actually worked when you needed it most... get to security and the guy checks it and says I can't take it on the plane, I said it rarely works anyway so he said lemme check starts pressing the gas button over and over and nothing happens - hes about to give up.. presses it one more time and a huge flame comes shooting out he almost burnt his chin off!

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
The trick with lighters is to take 2. Even if they find one, they'll rarely look for a second
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Funny Airport Stories
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »
The trick with lighters is to take 2. Even if they find one, they'll rarely look for a second
Lol, love that!  PG's always got it down pat! :D

Offline RJ898

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
I was once brought my Kosher meal on a flight, when I noticed that while the meal was Fleishig, the tray had real milk. I noticed I had been brought the Halal tray. When I asked the stewardess to please bring me the Kosher tray, she asked, "what's the difference"?? I told her: you'll never hear a CSI detective say "there's something not quite Halal about this crime scene.
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 03:18:49 PM »
actually, youre allowed to bring a regular lighter on board

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
actually, youre allowed to bring a regular lighter on board
Depends where. Had one confiscated @ PVG a few weeks ago
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Funny Airport Stories
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »
I was flying home from TLV-EWR on CO before it was AU last chol hamoed suitcase.
There was a huge line to check in but business was empty. I asked the agent if I can just use the scale to check the weight. He said no problem and he even checked us in. Got us bulk head with an empty seat between.
When we weighed the luggage one bag was 67 pounds and the other was 59. We are allowed 50. When I told him to let me put it all in one so I should only be charged one overweight fee. He said  "don't worry about it. It's the holidays, I'm supposed to be nice"
Easiest check in ever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:58:06 PM by A3 »

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 05:57:01 PM »
I was flying home from TLV-EWR on CO before it was AU last child hamoed suitcase.
There was a huge line to check in but business was empty. I asked the agent if I can just use the scale to check the weight. He said no problem and he even checked us in. Got us bulk head with an empty seat between.
When we weighed the luggage one bag was 67 pounds and the other was 59. We are allowed 50. When I told him to let me put it all in one so I should only be charged one overweight fee. He said  "don't worry about it. It's the holidays, I'm supposed to be nice"
Easiest check in ever.
;D ;D
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »
I was flying home from TLV-EWR on CO before it was AU last child hamoed suitcase.
Easiest check in ever.
Was once flying somewhere for Pesach and had 2 huge suitcases, naturally both overweight, the agent was very uncompromising on every extra ounce, o we went out of the line to "rearrange". By the time we were done we were late and there were long lines so we asked the first class clerk if he can check us in. We were still way over but he didn't say a word and even let us check in an overstuffed handbag we were planning on checking in at the gate.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »
I was flying home from TLV-EWR on CO before it was AU last chol hamoed suitcase.
Easiest check in ever.
Ive had good experiences and bad experiences with weighing suitcases.
Put my suitcase up to weigh..was 52 pounds she let it go...next suitcase was 53 pounds..she let it go.  She looks up and she goes that will be $400 sir.  I'm like excuse me??  She said both suitcases are over weight and an over weight suitcase is $200.  I started laughing..took out a book and gave it back to her.
Another time they weighed the bags...but told me to take it across the room and drop if off by the pile of suitcases...didnt need to but on the way I couldve filled it up with another 25 pounds if I wanted to.
I was traveling business with a relative so each had 6 suitcases of around 80-95 each.  Asked for one of those guys who carry your suitcases for you (dont know what their called) to help me out, paid him a few bucks and told him...whatever happens...dont weigh these bags.  He let 12 overweight bags go unweighed  ;D
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »
They're called porters
I once flew spirit with two overweight bags before I told him about the second bag  I paid for the first in cash with a ten dollar tip.....apparently they were having a sale that day as that's all I paid