Author Topic: Hyatt question  (Read 296086 times)

Offline mimb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, United, Delta, AMEX, CHASE UR, SPG
Re: Hyatt question
« Reply #1260 on: January 17, 2023, 05:08:22 PM »
How long is it currently taking to combine points. Fax form in on 12/18 and emailed it to my concierge on 1/9. Emailing concierge normally took a couple of days.

Having this same issue right now. Been almost 2 weeks for me and hasn't gone through yet.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1261 on: January 17, 2023, 05:19:38 PM »
How long is it currently taking to combine points. Fax form in on 12/18 and emailed it to my concierge on 1/9. Emailing concierge normally took a couple of days.
my last one took 8 days through concirge. Something is up with them, they are not as responsive and helpful as they have been in the past

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1262 on: January 17, 2023, 05:21:18 PM »
my last one took 8 days through concirge. Something is up with them, they are not as responsive and helpful as they have been in the past
I did receive an email back saying she would keep me updated so I am hopeful.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 18, 2023, 01:49:42 PM »

Call, I've had it done in 2 hours .. but after they did it the one time she was kind of like in the future you got to give me more notice. I'm just depends how urgent it is

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 18, 2023, 01:51:16 PM »
I'm very frustrated bc my card renewal date is Dec 1, now 6+ weeks later and no cat 1-4 cert. Why's this stuff so slow?!

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 18, 2023, 03:44:32 PM »
Just received another email saying account information must match exactly. Other account has no phone # listed so that must be added.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 19, 2023, 12:11:31 AM »
Just received another email saying account information must match exactly. Other account has no phone # listed so that must be added.

Yeah they are strict, like I was getting points and the form did not have my email and I was like you guys have my email. That's how we are talking but they've require it on the form.

But other than having all the information match you also can't send points more than once in 30 days.

Besides that, usually easy.

If the reservations are urgent you should just call up your concierge etc and ask them to expedite it .

It's like in Israel, my Israeli passport expired, was at misrad hapnim she's like ok 4-6 weeks.. I'm like yes I'm flying tonight, had new passport in 30 min

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 19, 2023, 10:00:35 PM »
Added phone number, replied to the email and an hour later points were transferred.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 20, 2023, 12:19:14 AM »
Added phone number, replied to the email and an hour later points were transferred.

Bingo! Hyatt is fantastic, but yeah they are really strict on those forms

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 31, 2023, 02:53:42 PM »
Is Hyatt extending free nights without even asking? Brother had one expiring yesterday. Was going to chat just now to get some points for it and now it is showing an expiration of 1/30/2024. 

Offline Gebu18

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 01, 2023, 02:08:57 PM »
Okay, so here goes. I was globalist for the past couple of years (qualifying with 60 nights even with the COVID reduced night requirement). I've been a Hyatt CC holder for a number of years and do almost all my primary spend on the card to earn points and nights, since I primarily stay with Hyatt and like to maintain globalist.

Anyhow, in 2022 I had a total of 56 nights between card nights and actual nights stayed. I booked a reservation for 6 nights that was checking out on January 1. I looked online and everyone seemed to say that stays checked out on Jan 1 will be credited to 2022, and even if not, they should always be able to split the reservation. Stupid me should have confirmed this with Hyatt before hand but I thought it would make no sense to do it any other way so I never bothered to reach out.

Well anyway, I had a six night stay booked which means that even if the last night counted toward 2023, I would still qualify for globalist with 61 nights in 2022 if the 2022 nights count toward 2022. However, hyatt credited all the nights to 2023 which means i missed globalist by 4 nights even though I stayed five nights. I reached out to hyatt and they put in a complaint. I contacted my concierge as well. All to no avail - they won't split the nights up and they wont credit any of them to 2022. I brought up how it really incentivized me to stay at a non hyatt property for my last night of the stay and how ironically that would have helped me qualify for globalist.

Anyone ever have this before? is there anyone I can contactt? it seems really odd that this would be the case. If it is the final resolution, I would be very frustrated. I've earned who knows how many hyatt points over the years, and have hundreds of thousands sitting in my account. I literally just want to take my business elsewhere since this makes no sense.

Update: submitted to appeals and got the below response. My concierge who has been pretty helpful in the past has been totally curt and uninterested in doing much for me other than submitting for appeals etc. think there is a shot at doing anything else or should I just hang it up? What im most upset about is  that the concierge booked the reservation and probably knows of this policy. The concierge should have informed me that I will miss globalist because of this.

"At this time, there are no exceptions being made for extending tiers on cross-over stays. All nights for the stay will count towards 2023. In the past, World of Hyatt has occasionally allowed some credits for cross over stays. For 2023, we are not offering this special allowance.   

We understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for but assure you that your feedback will be passed along for future changes to our World of Hyatt program. We greatly value your loyalty to Hyatt and look forward to seeing you again soon at one of our properties."

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 03, 2023, 01:23:47 AM »
Super sorry about that!! Write to Hyatt directly.

As an aside, I was told that even If I was to split up my stays at the hotel and then book separately for Dec 31/Jan 1 etc they'd count it s 1 stay.. This is what I think happened to you and what you physically need to do was to stay at another Hyatt nearby to split the stays

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 04, 2023, 07:51:11 PM »
What’s the policy for third and fourth guests (children) at Zilara properties using regards nights? Can they stay in the room (and if so, is there a fee), or do they require a second room?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 04, 2023, 10:54:18 PM »
What’s the policy for third and fourth guests (children) at Zilara properties using regards nights? Can they stay in the room (and if so, is there a fee), or do they require a second room?
Do you mean Ziva as Zilara is adults only.
What age for the children?

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 05, 2023, 11:19:14 AM »
Do you mean Ziva as Zilara is adults only.
What age for the children?

Yup, I do. Thanks for picking that up.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: February 05, 2023, 11:27:38 AM »
What’s the policy for third and fourth guests (children) at Zilara Ziva properties using regards nights? Can they stay in the room (and if so, is there a fee), or do they require a second room?
I am looking to book with my two grandkids on points. If I put the age at one or less nothing comes up. If age is two or more it is charging the same as an adult. I hope that isn't correct.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 05, 2023, 11:29:09 AM »
I am looking to book with my two grandkids on points. If I put the age at one or less nothing comes up. If age is two or more it is charging the same as an adult. I hope that isn't correct.

Yeah, I’m seeing the same. Looks like each room will only accept two bodies, regardless of age.

I’m trying to see if Dan has any info on the DDMS but haven’t found anything yet.

I’m surprised because hotels generally allow a third and fourth guest for additional $$.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 11:41:52 AM by Agoldsc1 »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 05, 2023, 11:39:53 AM »
Yeah, I’m seeing the same. Looks like each room will only except two bodies, regardless of age.
Think I figured it out. If children are three and over, it shows and full price (cash or points) for the children. If child is two or under it won't show for points but does for cash. The cash does not charge for children 2 and under. Points should be the same but probably need to call to book.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 05, 2023, 11:42:57 AM »
Think I figured it out. If children are three and over, it shows and full price (cash or points) for the children. If child is two or under it won't show for points but does for cash. The cash does not charge for children 2 and under. Points should be the same but probably need to call to book.

So children 3+ are charged the same as adults and require a separate room?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 05, 2023, 11:46:28 AM »
So children 3+ are charged the same as adults and require a separate room?
They don't need a separate room. Cancun Ziva shows 50k for two adults and two kids ages 3 and up.
Where are you looking to go?