Author Topic: Powerful video. Raising an important issue.  (Read 18282 times)

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Powerful video. Raising an important issue.
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »
I better quit this conversation before the anti community Camp attacks me as being naive and in denial.

These conversations keep going in circles.

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 12:55:57 PM »
I don't comend him, I bet footsteps or the like funded the video, and footsteps has an agenda.

I believe he's doing this out of hate not out of love of the community.

Btw Liherman is not hiding behind a screen name, the big guys on the forum know him personally
You're wrong. He has nothing to do with footsteps in fact he is trying to prevent people from  getting ensnared by footsteps. Watch it one more time and listen carefully when he talls about people trying to HELP in our communities.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
I better quit this conversation before the anti community Camp attacks me as being naive and in denial.

Or just stop making assumptions that help maintain your position.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 01:01:04 PM »
I don't comend him, I bet footsteps or the like funded the video, and footsteps has an agenda.

I believe he's doing this out of hate not out of love of the community.

Btw Liherman is not hiding behind a screen name, the big guys on the forum know him personally
Wow a lot of preconceived notions.... I know him personally. He spent the money out of his own pocket and was very sincere in trying to help the issue. All of you haters jumped on him attacking all rabbis and teachers. He never said all he said there are kids who have been molested by their teachers rabbis parents relatives and friends all completely true and we need to do what we can to stop it regardless of how bug of a problem it is elsewhere

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
The video is powerful, but has a confusing message.

He mentions suicide, alcoholism and other issues, but it sounds like he is concerned with these issues only when they stem from molestation. What about people that weren't molested but are addicts that went though hard lives or simply make the wrong decisions? What about people that are still religious but are drug abusers and/or have suicidal thoughts?

What exactly is he trying to gain with the video?
How is he trying to help the people he was talking about?

Also why is he stating that he is angry when he is trying to convince people of an issue?
How does his anger affect what he is saying? Would he say the same message if he was calm?
What about his age- 22 seems pretty young. What experience does he have?
Visibly Jewish

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
What about his age- 22 seems pretty young. What experience does he have?
You really want someone to spell it out for you?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 01:06:29 PM »
You really want someone to spell it out for you?

When I say experience, I mean figuring out how to deal with these issues.

I don't know him or of him, but I think you just spelled it out clearly what you mean by experience.
Until now I was able to assume he knows a few people closely...

Visibly Jewish

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
When I say experience, I mean figuring out how to deal with these issues.

I don't know him or of him, but I think you just spelled it out clearly what you mean by experience.
Until now I was able to assume he knows a few people closely...
I dont know him personally either, just what I took from the video. But your right, its possible was just someone close.

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »

+100

Offline Palm5

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
This is ludicrous. This guy deserves a medal. He spoke his heart out, it is obvious that he is pained. He clearly states in the video that "the people tying to help have ulterior motives" and they know who they are.

Yes he deserves a medal. But unfortunately he will probably ultimately condemned for doing it. Sad.

Love love love, that's all it takes.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

Don't know why you consider this video anti-community.

If a local food pantry asks for money to help feed people in NY, is that making a statement that there are no hungry people outside of NY?
Visibly Jewish

Offline elya

• View Profile

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »
We've gone through the same conversation many times on this forum. At this point, many people can already guess who will say what. The scripts don't change much from thread to thread.

That being said, this guy is clearly crying out in pain. No more, and no less. There is no way anybody can argue with the fact that many are in pain, and that the pain is real. This pain is not scripted, nor is it generated with an agenda in mind.

The issues he is bringing up are real. Our community does have a problem with disaffected youth struggling struggling with various emotional aches and disconnection, and both the causes of these and the symptoms that this manifests itself via are horrifying.

What exactly the cause of this is, who is to blame, what is to be done to deal with this, and how not to throw out the baby with the bathwater (to crudely utilize a common metaphor); is the question so controversial and difficult.

As is common whenever there is a catastrophe, many jump on the bandwagon to forward their own agenda. Whenever there is a devastating natural disaster, organizations spring up claiming to be helping the victims. Millions of people donate money to them, which they promptly run away with. Humans have a natural inclination to want to help. To an enterprising person, public pain and concern equal opportunity.

This is a very base example, but there are many where the lines are more blurred.

I'll stop here for now, before this post gets even more controversial.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
Don't know why you consider this video anti-community.

If a local food pantry asks for money to help feed people in NY, is that making a statement that there are no hungry people outside of NY?
You explained it very good. It is the way he said it. He speaks out of hate. That shows what his motive is exactly. He keeps on repeating rabbis molesting.... The more the better..
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »
We've gone through the same conversation many times on this forum. At this point, many people can already guess who will say what. The scripts don't change much from thread to thread.

That being said, this guy is clearly crying out in pain. No more, and no less. There is no way anybody can argue with the fact that many are in pain, and that the pain is real. This pain is not scripted, nor is it generated with an agenda in mind.

The issues he is bringing up are real. Our community does have a problem with disaffected youth struggling struggling with various emotional aches and disconnection, and both the causes of these and the symptoms that this manifests itself via are horrifying.

What exactly the cause of this is, who is to blame, what is to be done to deal with this, and how not to throw out the baby with the bathwater (to crudely utilize a common metaphor); is the question so controversial and difficult.

As is common whenever there is a catastrophe, many jump on the bandwagon to forward their own agenda. Whenever there is a devastating natural disaster, organizations spring up claiming to be helping the victims. Millions of people donate money to them, which they promptly run away with. Humans have a natural inclination to want to help. To an enterprising person, public pain and concern equal opportunity.

This is a very base example, but there are many where the lines are more blurred.

Just pointing out that you jumped on it immediately and hijacked frontier agenda that people are out to attack the community

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »

Don't think your post was controversial at all. I agree with you, almost any extreme position is going to have major flaws. I dont understand why people cant just have a debate without any ones opinion being underminded by being called biased or haters.

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 03:14:47 PM »
I watched the video in awe, not that I'm unaware of the facts but I commend him for coming straight out with it.

Didn't think this goes in the just Shmooze thread, it's not "worthless"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_jMUXUCPulY

This can turn into a meaningful discussion.

by now it can be moved to JS

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 03:17:28 PM »

And that's why we can't have nice things.

Offline Palm5

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »

Touché

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 03:39:37 PM »
An important point that he made is, that parents should make the home a safe and warm and welcoming place, that the kids will never want to leave it.

For that message alone the whole video was worth it.

Whoever produced that video is amazing. Besides for his shirt being too open, (I don't mean from a frum standpoint, even if it was a goy in a video about drunk driving, that shirt was too open, which is the producers fault.)