Author Topic: Powerful video. Raising an important issue.  (Read 18283 times)

Offline Moshe G

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Powerful video. Raising an important issue.
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »

How dare he say " anyone trying to help get bashed by the community" false statement.  Most Yeshivas take very seriously today's day any molestation charges. On the other hand, any kid that doesn't like his rabbi can claim abuse. This is a lot more complicated issue than just one kids video. Guys get your facts together and then start talking.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2016, 06:55:59 PM »
Simple, he is hated because he blames a whole community for all of his problems. ITS THE BLAMING PART people are upset at. He could of made his case without throwing blame.
He never says all and with a community like you guys responding with hate (your words not mine) maybe a broader swipe is justified....

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2016, 06:56:11 PM »

There is a perception in the world that most Catholic priests are child molesters. Do you think the accusations are understated or overstated?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2016, 06:56:56 PM »
Guys get your facts together and then start talking.
I watched the video and see someone screaming for help. You watched the video and see someone blaming the community. Do I have the facts straight?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »
There is a perception in the world that most Catholic priests are child molesters. Do you think the accusations are understated or overstated?

Who's world? There's a perception that too many of them are and little was done to prevent that...
Why do things need to be exaggerated and them belittled just leave as is and Except the criticism and focus on how to help solve the problem

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:46 PM »
I disagree with your perception. If you are asking do I believe over half of all priest are child molesters the answer would be no. The same I would say about Rabbis.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »
I watched the video and see someone screaming for help. You watched the video and see someone blaming the community. Do I have the facts straight?
Yup

Offline Moshe G

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2016, 07:00:36 PM »
I dont know this guy personally but most of these kids do not welcome help from the community. Maybe only when things are really bad they may beg for help. Do you have any personal
experience with these cases?

Saying the community is rigged and its ALL the communities fault tells you exactly what his motives are.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:04:35 PM by Moshe G »

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2016, 07:00:37 PM »
Well his idea wasn't awful, many people are speaking about it. Just backfired on him a bit. And that's not his fault. It's ours. Instead of starting to talk about issues we're just focusing on how he went about things wrong.

"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »
Why do things need to be exaggerated and them belittled just leave as is and Except the criticism and focus on how to help solve the problem
To solve a problem you first have to acknowledge there is a problem. It is the attitude that it doesn't happen in my community.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
I dont know this guy personally but most of these kids do not welcome help from the community. Maybe only when things are really bad they may beg for help. Do you have any personal experience with these cases?
You keep making statements about these kids you seem to know a lot about them so why are you avoiding my question to you about them?

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »
I disagree with your perception. If you are asking do I believe over half of all priest are child molesters the answer would be no. The same I would say about Rabbis.
I believe there is a witch hunt in the world against closed communities and organizations.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
You keep making statements about these kids you seem to know a lot about them so why are you avoiding my question to you about them?
...and my question?  :)

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »
Who's world? There's a perception that too many of them are and little was done to prevent that...
The anti religious world that believes there is an ounce of justice in the justice department.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2016, 07:06:05 PM »
I believe there is a witch hunt in the world against closed communities and organizations.
If they are closed communities and organizations then they deserve to have extra scrutiny.

Offline Moshe G

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2016, 07:09:03 PM »
I do not have statistics on this topic,  i am not able to answer your question.

Offline Moshe G

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2016, 07:10:50 PM »
How about a Q for you. Do you think our community is worse than any other? percentage wise?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »
I do not have statistics on this topic,  i am not able to answer your question.

Guys get your facts together and then start talking.

The guy is so more focused blaming the community for all these peoples mistakes, which is wrong, period.

I dont know this guy personally but most of these kids do not welcome help from the community. Maybe only when things are really bad they may beg for help. Do you have any personal
experience with these cases?

I rest my case

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »
If they are closed communities and organizations then they deserve to have extra scrutiny.
What defines closed? Closed is a perception too. There is a belief they are hiding evidence and silencing accusers. Due to this belief, there is strong scrutiny from the world and law enforcement, and there is strong encouragement for victims to speak out. This creates a ripe environment for false accusations to be swallowed up, as law enforcement is striving to show convictions as proof they are dealing with the problem. Words are even being put in potential victims mouths by prosecutors. In turn, this makes the  groups in question even more wary of outside oversight. The vicious cycle perpetuates itself. What came first and spawned the other is largely irrelevant at this point.
JTZ

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2016, 07:14:32 PM »
How about a Q for you. Do you think our community is worse than any other? percentage wise?
We have rehashed that over and over its irrelevant. Also I am not sure if it's clear to you but he is chassidic and talking about the chassidic community. If your experience is in non chassidic community it is completely different