Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374471 times)

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12320 on: March 19, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »
if over 5/24 can you be approved for a card if you got an offer on your account?

Offline eis517

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG, United
« Reply #12321 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
I had the Sapphire Reserve, and because I was not going to be doing any travelling, I downgraded to the Preferred. I now want to book some travel and tried to apply for the Reserve. they told me that I can't have to of the same product at the same time and that I needed to cancel the Preferred and then call back and get the Reserve, which I did. I cancelled the Preferred. However, when I called back to open up the Reserve the new rep told me that since I had gotten the sign up bonus back in December 2015, I could not open up the Reserve. I said what about opening it up with no sign-up bonus? They said the system wont let them do that. I asked to speak to a manager who told me I should have just upgraded the Preferred into the Reserve. I explained that the rep told me to cancel and now they can't reopen the Preferred (in order for me to upgrade it).

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get the Reserve? I want to book tickets and get the 1.5 Cents per mile value.

Thanks,

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12322 on: March 19, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
if over 5/24 can you be approved for a card if you got an offer on your account?
Usually not
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: March 19, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »
I had the Sapphire Reserve, and because I was not going to be doing any travelling, I downgraded to the Preferred. I now want to book some travel and tried to apply for the Reserve. they told me that I can't have to of the same product at the same time and that I needed to cancel the Preferred and then call back and get the Reserve, which I did. I cancelled the Preferred. However, when I called back to open up the Reserve the new rep told me that since I had gotten the sign up bonus back in December 2015, I could not open up the Reserve. I said what about opening it up with no sign-up bonus? They said the system wont let them do that. I asked to speak to a manager who told me I should have just upgraded the Preferred into the Reserve. I explained that the rep told me to cancel and now they can't reopen the Preferred (in order for me to upgrade it).

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get the Reserve? I want to book tickets and get the 1.5 Cents per mile value.

Thanks,

Per the terms you can only have one Sapphire product open and to get another sign upbonus, it has to be 48 months from your last bonus.  I would try calling back and see if you can reopen the card. Don’t mention anything about an upgrade.

Offline eis517

• View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »
Per the terms you can only have one Sapphire product open and to get another sign upbonus, it has to be 48 months from your last bonus.  I would try calling back and see if you can reopen the card. Don’t mention anything about an upgrade.

I did. They said that since I transferred the credit to another card, they cant re-open. I need to wait till it is reported as closed and then try to get the Reserve. While I would like another sign up bonus on the Reserve, I want the card even if I dont get one.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: March 19, 2019, 03:27:33 PM »
I did. They said that since I transferred the credit to another card, they cant re-open. I need to wait till it is reported as closed and then try to get the Reserve. While I would like another sign up bonus on the Reserve, I want the card even if I dont get one.
u cant transfer credit back?
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline eis517

• View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: March 19, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
u cant transfer credit back?

Nope. they said the card was closed and credit transferred.  I tried everything.

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: March 19, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »
Usually not

wow i would of figured if there putting the offer directly in your account that they would approve the card despite 5/24?

so there is really no way around 5/24 these days?

anyone 5/24 and had success in getting approved for another card?

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: March 19, 2019, 05:12:23 PM »
wow i would of figured if there putting the offer directly in your account that they would approve the card despite 5/24?

i get offers all the time never got approved if i was over 5/24,

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #12329 on: March 19, 2019, 11:12:20 PM »

I did get around 5/24
Was In branch and a fixed apr.
You can check if your offer on your account has a fixed apr.
YMMV

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #12330 on: March 20, 2019, 09:51:40 AM »
I did get around 5/24
YMMV

0% FOR FIRST 15 MONTHS

then it says variable rate of 17.24%

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:48 AM »
0% FOR FIRST 15 MONTHS

then it says variable rate of 17.24%
That's not fixed.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: March 20, 2019, 10:28:18 AM »
I did get around 5/24
YMMV
Good for you you did u have an offer? private client?

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/limited-time-offer-earn-60000-points-chase-sapphire-preferred-card/

"All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #12333 on: March 21, 2019, 07:37:52 AM »
Good for you you did u have an offer? private client?

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/limited-time-offer-earn-60000-points-chase-sapphire-preferred-card/

"All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months.
I'm not CPC. Was in branch.

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: March 24, 2019, 03:07:19 PM »
Applied for UA biz, put my name down as the business as Dan suggests. They denied me until they get proof of business through a form from the county clerk with documentation of the business, or anything like that. I have other business cards and I never had this issue. Any tips?

Offline Shmelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: March 26, 2019, 11:35:35 AM »
All that is false, as long as you apply for a sole proprietorship and give your legal name, and the tax ID field you put in your social security you shouldn't have any problems, regarding your business name it's a sole proprietorship meaning you're running your own business therefore you don't have to file for any messy paperwork or paperwork stating that my business name is Joe...

I applied for a biz card as a sole proprietor, but put the business name as MD Enterprises instead of my actual name (initials are MD). Application was denied. You seem to imply that I would've been better off putting my actual legal name, do I understand that correctly?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: March 26, 2019, 12:03:41 PM »
I applied for a biz card as a sole proprietor, but put the business name as MD Enterprises instead of my actual name (initials are MD). Application was denied. You seem to imply that I would've been better off putting my actual legal name, do I understand that correctly?
i did that with the ink preferred and got approved over a year ago,

Applied for UA biz, put my name down as the business as Dan suggests. They denied me until they get proof of business through a form from the county clerk with documentation of the business, or anything like that. I have other business cards and I never had this issue. Any tips?
not the 1st person here to have this experience.

Offline Shmelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: March 28, 2019, 04:46:24 PM »
After not applying for any cards for a few years, I applied for the Ink Preferred and BA Consumer. Both were denied. Recon tells me the Ink can't be approved without submitting documentation from the county clerk, and the BA can't be approved because of too many requests for credit. How do I get around these 2 denials?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: April 01, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »
Ask for a supervisor and find out the real reason behind this. By me it was just a change of address that ended up bring the issue. But it did take quite a few calls to find out and convincing the agents that the previous agent told me the real reason so I don't need the fictitious business statement.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: April 01, 2019, 10:49:36 AM »
Ask for a supervisor and find out the real reason behind this. By me it was just a change of address that ended up bring the issue. But it did take quite a few calls to find out and convincing the agents that the previous agent told me the real reason so I don't need the fictitious business statement.
Spoke to someone yesterday with same experience i had told him to get a hold of a supervisor and figure out whats going on, he just needed verify is address!